News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Pig vs Green Monster race results ; new bests for both cars !

Started by firefighter3931, October 12, 2009, 11:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Today was a good day....up here in Canada this is our Thanksgiving holiday and what better way to celebrate than a day at the track.  :icon_smile_big:

The Black Pig squared off against Kevin's Green Monster (member Blown68Coronet) for a little heads-up fun and to see if we could finish up the season on a positive note. Lets just say we were not disappointed....both cars recorded new bests and came home in one piece.  :2thumbs:

The Pig ran a new low ET of 11.68 with a new best 116+ MPH....not bad for a 4100lb beast running a 440 on pump gas. I'm pretty sure this combination is maxed out !  :lol:

The Green Monster flat out kicked azz !  :icon_smile_cool: Kevin had the beast honkin....how does 10.02 @ 135mph grab ya !  :icon_smile_big: Pretty impressive for a tagged & insured street/strip brawler that runs on pump gas.  :bow: Both the ET & MPH were new bests as well  ;D

Actually, it really wasn't much of a race....the Monster was in the lead after the first 60ft or so, lol ! I did manage to "tree" Kevin but it was over shortly soon after as the time slip (below) indicates.  :lol:

Had a great time and the crowd seemed to enjoy watching a pair of Cool Mopars square off and do what they were meant to do.  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Awesome times. :2thumbs: Good improvement, Ron. Don't go too fast too soon or you'll get bored and have to spend more money. ;D

speedfreak68

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2009, 11:55:19 PM
Awesome times. :2thumbs: Good improvement, Ron. Don't go too fast too soon or you'll get bored and have to spend more money. ;D

Couldn't have said it better myself. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Tilar

It sounds like you're getting her loosened up a bit. Those are some pretty good times and I know you two had a lot of fun!  :cheers:

Quote from: RD on October 13, 2009, 12:08:56 AM
sweet!! man i love that coronet  :drool5: WHERE'S THE VIDEOS? :D

That is one sweet Coronet and it sounds good too. I think I have a short shot of it in one of those videos from Norwalk.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

six-tee-nine

Those are some pretty impressive figures for a fully dressed up street car...
do you have an idea what HP your 446 puts out? (Dunno if you had it dyno'd or not)
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

R2

Well,,,ya blew that 12.0 right out of the water,,,LOL

Nice job,,,,,,,,  :2thumbs:

Musicman

Congratulations to both of you!... Well done :2thumbs:   Thanks for the post :cheers:

dodgecharger-fan

PocketThunder

What is the significance of a 60ft time?  Why not 70 ft?  80 ft?  Is there any reason that it is 1/22 of 1/4 of a mile?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Blown70

NICE I would have loved to have seen this happen  :drool5:

AND WOW that is honking or oinking for PIG.... :2thumbs:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tan top

:coolgleamA:  good stuff Ron  new PB   , dang that coronet was moving 1.4 60 ft :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mefirst

Hemidoug

Good job Ron! Man I wish I could get my pig to 60ft like yours....still in the 1.90 range. What gears are you running? Our MPH is exactly the same.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

mally69

richRTSE

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!