News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad Juju

Started by twodko, October 25, 2009, 04:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

The rust was an eye opener with what I know about how the car was taken care of and stored. Oxidation is everywhere and water is the most powerful solvent on the planet. I sure need to be proactive avoiding any further hood flights. I'm hesitant to go the pin route. I was considering some type of plastic coated bicycle cable through some of the under hood openings looping through the latch panel or something but at 56 that might prove to be a PITA. I don't mnd the look of hood pins I just hate to drill holes in a brand new hood. I suppose I could shrink wrap the front end of the car but it looks awful at car shows. Any other ideas guys?

P.S. Jaak, that is a very creative avatar!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

MoparManJim

Quote from: twodko on October 27, 2009, 05:20:59 PM
The rust was an eye opener with what I know about how the car was taken care of and stored. Oxidation is everywhere and water is the most powerful solvent on the planet. I sure need to be proactive avoiding any further hood flights. I'm hesitant to go the pin route. I was considering some type of plastic coated bicycle cable through some of the under hood openings looping through the latch panel or something but at 56 that might prove to be a PITA. I don't mnd the look of hood pins I just hate to drill holes in a brand new hood. I suppose I could shrink wrap the front end of the car but it looks awful at car shows. Any other ideas guys?

P.S. Jaak, that is a very creative avatar!

Tom

Heres an idea better then hood pins  :eek2:, where the last latch is at. The on you pull to rase up the hood. That black metal  J hook. Heres my idea, take and get a spring that is strong enough to leave you pull the handle to pull the latch back to open but yet also pull the latch back to it's original pistion fast once you leave go of the handle. This way no bumping oir jaring when droven will release the latch. Drill a small hole in the latch side just big enought for the spring hook to go trough and then clamp the end shut some how. Put a fasher bolt on under the hood to fashtion the spring to but make sure the spring has some tension on it already though so it won't leave the latch have play unless you pull pull on the handle to pull the latch back to open the hood up. This way the hood latch will have tenstion on it at all times to keep it in close position alot better then factory was.

jaak

QuoteP.S. Jaak, that is a very creative avatar!

Tom

2-3 weeks ago, I primered the whole car for its second round of blocksanding, after it dried, I just had to pop on that RT emblem to look at it....took a pic....new avatar!

Jason

twodko

Jason, the avatar is the bomb!

MoparManJim, I'm going to give your idea a look tonight when I get home. Thanks.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!