News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 69 C500 still for sale?

Started by DanielG, October 12, 2009, 11:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielG

Around July or so I saw a 69 C500 with the SE option for sale.  It was B5, no vinyl top, had A/C, and was in Washington or Oregon.  Is this car still for sale? Any info would be appreciated. Please email me @ daniel@rockytoptrucking.com.  Thanks for your help.

hergfest

Its my car, I took it off the market.  I might put it back up in the Spring, I have been wanting to buy a house but we'll see how much I love it after driving it 7,000 miles haha

DanielG

I do like it.  I assume you are going to Alabama.  That will be fun.  I hope to make it one year.  I wish you could stop by my place, but I am in Houston and that's out of the way.  Anyway, nice car.  Keep my contact info below so thta you can call me if you decide to sell.

daniel@rockytoptrucking.com           
Ph. 713-996-7901

hemi68charger

Quote from: DanielG on October 13, 2009, 12:14:35 PM
I do like it.  I assume you are going to Alabama.  That will be fun.  I hope to make it one year.  I wish you could stop by my place, but I am in Houston and that's out of the way.  Anyway, nice car.  Keep my contact info below so thta you can call me if you decide to sell.

daniel@rockytoptrucking.com           
Ph. 713-996-7901

Well heck.. Too bad you didn't know me before I got rid of Dana, my T7 '69 Charger 500. Unless you already know me. I live in Houston as well. Actually, I'll probably be down to the League City show on Sat. with the Daytona (what I got when I trade my C500 and '68 Charger R/T). I actually live in the Cypress area.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DanielG

Hello Troy,

We have met and spoke briefly over the years.  I used to work at Hickory Hollow through high school and college.  I've got a 71 Charger SE 383 GA4 and a 70 Challenger SE 440 Six Pack with a T/A hood painted dark purple.  I have not had them out in years.  I think the last time we spoke was at Helfman Dodge for a show with HMCC ayear or 2 ago.  I brought my 66 440 New Yorker, mostly original, low and cool.  It is hazel green with green interior.  Only 32,000 original miles.  I've seen your C500 several times, I knew you had traded it from posts on various forums.  Your C500 was really nice and I would have loved to own it, but I didn't think you were ever looking to just sell the C500 only.  I guess I just remember Cliff D's car from 15 - 20 years ago.  Man, I wish he wouldd bring that car out.  That is why I would like a C500 in B5 blue, especially with the SE package and A/C.

I thought League City park was Friday nights, but I know they met off I-45 on Saturday nights.  Niftee50ees is Saturday nights as well.  I'm near Pinemont and HWY 290.

nascarxx29

I remember many times in Houston seeing the B5 orig A4 silver Hemi 69 500.Last time I saw it I think was at Fortis in West Houston.But the cars earliest history is here
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24387.20.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi68charger

Quote from: DanielG on October 13, 2009, 02:54:55 PM
Hello Troy,

We have met and spoke briefly over the years.  I used to work at Hickory Hollow through high school and college.  I've got a 71 Charger SE 383 GA4 and a 70 Challenger SE 440 Six Pack with a T/A hood painted dark purple.  I have not had them out in years.  I think the last time we spoke was at Helfman Dodge for a show with HMCC ayear or 2 ago.  I brought my 66 440 New Yorker, mostly original, low and cool.  It is hazel green with green interior.  Only 32,000 original miles.  I've seen your C500 several times, I knew you had traded it from posts on various forums.  Your C500 was really nice and I would have loved to own it, but I didn't think you were ever looking to just sell the C500 only.  I guess I just remember Cliff D's car from 15 - 20 years ago.  Man, I wish he wouldd bring that car out.  That is why I would like a C500 in B5 blue, especially with the SE package and A/C.

I thought League City park was Friday nights, but I know they met off I-45 on Saturday nights.  Niftee50ees is Saturday nights as well.  I'm near Pinemont and HWY 290.

Man, who wouldn't want Cliff's Hemi C500..  :yesnod:

The show in League City on Sat. is a regular show, not a street meet gathering like the Niftee50ees or Hooters down South...

http://www.spacecitycruisers.com/calendar%20of%20events.html

Oct. 17th.... Space City Cruisers Extravaganza Fall Car Show
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

DanielG

I saw Cliff's car alot in the early 90's or so.  It was nice.  I really don't know what color it was originally.  I remember it being a medium gray metallic (not really A4, but I'm sure it was a repaint) with blue interior, auto on the column.  I don't recall exactly which shade of blue the interior was.  Then it was repainted B5 and soon after got switched to console shift, and the column had been swapped as well.  The car was always nice in both colors.  Fortis even did a few things to my 71.  Victor and Cliff at Fortis International were both nice guys.  Victor has gone on to ohter things.  I don't know what Cliff is doing these days, but I sure would like to see that car.  It was nice to see another C500 from time to time with Troy, but now I'll get to see his Daytona----equally as nice.

hemi68charger

Quote from: DanielG on October 13, 2009, 11:02:46 PM
I saw Cliff's car alot in the early 90's or so.  It was nice.  I really don't know what color it was originally.  I remember it being a medium gray metallic (not really A4, but I'm sure it was a repaint) with blue interior, auto on the column.  I don't recall exactly which shade of blue the interior was.  Then it was repainted B5 and soon after got switched to console shift, and the column had been swapped as well.  The car was always nice in both colors.  Fortis even did a few things to my 71.  Victor and Cliff at Fortis International were both nice guys.  Victor has gone on to ohter things.  I don't know what Cliff is doing these days, but I sure would like to see that car.  It was nice to see another C500 from time to time with Troy, but now I'll get to see his Daytona----equally as nice.

Daniel..
Cliff still has the car. Like Dave eluded to, it's an original A4 silver car with blue interior. I see him on occasion at the Church I go to. Victor is outside of Charlotte now. I got a gig with DEI for the longest time, was Micheal Waltrip's car chief and Kerry Earnhardt's crew chief for the Nationwide series one year. He later became the shop chief for DEI but later left to run the shop for the now-fizzled AJ Foyt team. He's out of the racing industry now and he and Elizabeth are doing really well and have adopted a beautiful baby... I think I worked on your car. I worked part-time for Cliff and Victor during my Community College days after I was discharged post-Desert Storm.
Troy

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 14, 2009, 06:28:17 AM

Daniel..
Cliff still has the car. Like Dave eluded to, it's an original A4 silver car with blue interior. I see him on occasion at the Church I go to. Victor is outside of Charlotte now. I got a gig with DEI for the longest time, was Micheal Waltrip's car chief and Kerry Earnhardt's crew chief for the Nationwide series one year. He later became the shop chief for DEI but later left to run the shop for the now-fizzled AJ Foyt team. He's out of the racing industry now and he and Elizabeth are doing really well and have adopted a beautiful baby... I think I worked on your car. I worked part-time for Cliff and Victor during my Community College days after I was discharged post-Desert Storm.

My memory has been known to fail me in recent years... but here goes...  I remember the C500 being an original B7 Blue car which was repainted silver (but not A4) by Danny Capehart, and later repainted a darker grey by Alamo  Paint & Body in San Antonio before being sold to the car lot in Universal City.  I believe Cliff repainted it the original B7...  Also, the Blue interior had a "Turqoise" tint to it when it was bought from Mr Capehart... IIRC... I believe the upper door pads were recovered with vinyl.

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 14, 2009, 07:44:36 AM

Daniel..

My memory has been known to fail me in recent years... but here goes...  I remember the C500 being an original B7 Blue car which was repainted silver (but not A4) by Danny Capehart, and later repainted a darker grey by Alamo  Paint & Body in San Antonio before being sold to the car lot in Universal City.  I believe Cliff repainted it the original B7...  Also, the Blue interior had a "Turqoise" tint to it when it was bought from Mr Capehart... IIRC... I believe the upper door pads were recovered with vinyl.

Allen

So, it IS an original blue exterior car? Cool........ May have to go see Cliff in the near future..........

Troy
Troy

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 14, 2009, 08:55:50 AM
Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 14, 2009, 07:44:36 AM

Daniel..

Allen

So, it IS an original blue exterior car? Cool........ May have to go see Cliff in the near future..........

Troy

Since you know Cliff well, see if you can get a picture of the fender tag...

LoneStar Mopar

Hemi68charger, I will be at the Space City car show on saturday as well. I will look for your car (should be easy), and try to say hello. Unfortunately I have no Charger, not yet anyway. I was going to bring my 72 Chevy suburban and enter it in original/unrestored class but I was told that the cutoff for cars was 1969 and older. Instead I will be there with my father in law in his baby blue 1955 Chevy Wagon.

Also if any of you Houston guys are interested we have a really nice Cruise night in Pearland every Friday night. It is at the Home Depot on 518 at the Dixie Farm intersection. Usually 100-125 cars. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on weather. Not alot of Mopars but enough.

Sorry for the hijack!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: LoneStar Mopar on October 14, 2009, 10:21:45 AM
Hemi68charger, I will be at the Space City car show on saturday as well. I will look for your car (should be easy), and try to say hello. Unfortunately I have no Charger, not yet anyway. I was going to bring my 72 Chevy suburban and enter it in original/unrestored class but I was told that the cutoff for cars was 1969 and older. Instead I will be there with my father in law in his baby blue 1955 Chevy Wagon.

Also if any of you Houston guys are interested we have a really nice Cruise night in Pearland every Friday night. It is at the Home Depot on 518 at the Dixie Farm intersection. Usually 100-125 cars. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on weather. Not alot of Mopars but enough.

Sorry for the hijack!!

Sent you a PM... Like you, don't want to clog the thread with hi-jacked stuff.............
Troy

nascarxx29

I was all over that Hemi 500 .When I lived in Houston and had a few Superbirds those were the days got look in my pictures.But there was a A4 silver one running the streets of Houston .There was also a original Black 440 daytona that ran around in silver with a red tail.Frank A who sold the car in 87 to a friend of mine in NJ.And then the car was on ebay for sale in North Dakota I believe

DanielG

No big deal on hijacking the thread.  I got an answer by hergfest very quickly. 

Like Allen stated above, the paint before Cliff repainted it B5, was certainly not A4.  It was a medium grey, not as dark as charcoal, but not as light as silver.  My memory on the interior is not as clear, definitely blue, just not sure which shade.  However, soon after Fortis switched my Charger (my dad's at that time) from column shift to console shift, Cliff did the same thing to his car.  Troy, maybe you did that switch.  I regret doing that, for the most part, but I do have the most of the pieces to switch back.  Nothing against Fortis though.

I'm pretty sure the car was featured in Mopar Action, or Mopar Muscle or one of the mopar magazines soon after Cliff repainted it.  That would probably be what it still looks like to this day.

Troy, I had heard about Victor through an HMCC member, but nothing as specific as you just stated.  He was always nice, so good news.  My wife just had our first baby, Shelby, in May.  She is just over 5 months old now.  I've got pictures of her getting a diaper change in the truck of the New Yorker. --HA HA.   

hemi68charger

Quote from: DanielG on October 14, 2009, 03:19:08 PM
... My wife just had our first baby, Shelby, in May.  She is just over 5 months old now.  I've got pictures of her getting a diaper change in the truck of the New Yorker. --HA HA.   

Congrad's........ Now, time to bring her on to the shows.... :)  I remember you two from the Helfman show....
Troy

DanielG

Thanks Troy.  She has been to few shows.  She'll being going to more.  Maybe this Saturday...  I bought a B5 '08 Super Bee for Stephanie, since she did such a good job having Shelby.  It's a neat car, but I really need to get mine out 

If anyone knows which issue Cliff's car was in, then I'm sure I have that magazine.  I may even have some pictures of the car when it was grey, but I doubt it.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: DanielG on October 14, 2009, 04:44:51 PM
If anyone knows which issue Cliff's car was in, then I'm sure I have that magazine.  I may even have some pictures of the car when it was grey, but I doubt it.

Dave will probably know when he chimes back in... here is a link to part of the article that he posted in the other thread...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/75414/WING_CAR_ARTICLE_01.jpg

Some of the pictures that I took when it was silver are in the other thread also.

The painter called today... hopefully my C500 will be B5 again B4 too long...  :cheers:

Allen

DanielG

Judging from the writing on the caption, that's a Mopar Action feature.  I don't think the car was that dark in person.  Congrats on your 500 getting painted.

nascarxx29

nascarxx29

Davtona

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 14, 2009, 05:40:33 PM
The painter called today... hopefully my C500 will be B5 again B4 too long...  :cheers:

Allen

Wonderful news Allen. We will be expecting pictures and an update "B4"  :smilielol: to long then.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: DanielG on October 14, 2009, 05:56:28 PM
Congrats on your 500 getting painted.

Thanks,  here is a loooooong thread on the ordeal:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33799.0.html

Quote from: Davtona on October 14, 2009, 07:04:16 PM

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 14, 2009, 05:40:33 PM

Allen

Wonderful news Allen. We will be expecting pictures and an update "B4"  :smilielol: to long then.

Thanks Dave, Greg said that he would try to send me new pictures this weekend...  hopefully in color in 2-3 months (my guess, not Greg's).

DanielG

Wow.  That's it.  I'm going to get my issue.  It look like the bottom picture was taken at Gulfgate Dodge on the south side of Houston, I-45 at I-610.