News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to save some money on parts

Started by AKcharger, December 10, 2005, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Just a tip I've learned over the years is that there are TONS of parts avalable through part stores. For example, I needed a trans mount, I saw them advertised on E-bay and a few magazines for $25-35 bucks. "well that must be the only place to get them" ...bought it from NAPA for $13. It's same with front end parts, ignition parts ect. PArts availabile for sometimes 1/2 the price of web places and magazines.
Yes, you get what you pay for and you have to check quality but you on't always have to go through "specialty" shop s to get common stuff.

Just my 2 cents

golden73

Thanks for the tip  :thumbs: I do most of my part shopping on the internet... I guess I will have to hit up some of the local stores now...

Silver R/T

i do not usually shop online besides ebay, buying parts from store is cheaper
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

Some ebay stuff is cheaper...I saw new tti headers $30 cheaper on e-bay than on tti's own website. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Shakey

Check with your local Chrysler dealer prior to looking at YO, NAPA or e-bay!

Ghoste

I agree.  It amazes me sometimes how much stuff you can still get from the dealer.  It's also amazing how many of those same parts in their current packaging show up on e-bay as "rare NOS" parts.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on December 11, 2005, 12:12:16 PM
I agree.  It amazes me sometimes how much stuff you can still get from the dealer.  It's also amazing how many of those same parts in their current packaging show up on e-bay as "rare NOS" parts.
Yep. To me, it's just the typical thing of preying on those with less common sense.
As an ex-parts store parts guy, I usually always hit the parts store or dealer first...unless there's a blindingly obvious smokin' deal on the 'bag...like the case of AC oil filters I scored last month for $13.00 shipping included! :icon_smile_big:
I wish I could get Mobil-1 that cheap. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

John_Kunkel

Any Year One part number that has the prefix "FD" is a factory part that is usually still available from any dealer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.