News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Okay,, so I bought some wheels

Started by viper r/t, October 11, 2009, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper r/t

Number 1 is that these should fit a '69 Charger with no mods needed right?  :icon_smile_tongue:

17x7 for the front.........

17x8 for the rear..........

What I rlly need ideas on is what size tires would look the best on my car. I would like to have the widest tire that I can get under it without mods that wont look stupid if that makes sense.. I've used the programs on some wheel websites but I need some second opinions lol
Help  :icon_smile_blackeye: :lol: Anyone have any pics of their cars etc??

thanks

viper r/t

Blown70

Well, I know you can put a 10" under the rear. there are many threads arounds. 5.25 backspace....

Also, I think you can run 4:25 backspace in the front... Guess, Not sure what those boxes read.. one looked centerd the other said 6?

Tom

Troy

Tire sizes have been pretty well covered already. I don't have the information with me but I'm trying to remember if a 17x7 wheel with a +6mm offset will clear on the front. I think it will.

275/40-17 should fit on the back and 235/45-17 on the front. Depending on your location I have a set of 225/45-17 and 275/40-17 Bridgestone RE-750s in my garage that I bought for my Barracuda and never used.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BBKNARF

The rims should fit, just double check, you can put a 275 wide tire at the back and a 255 up front. Or I would go to a tire store give them your rim size and they will know what tire size is best for your car.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Neal_J

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

viper r/t

So would 235/45-17 's on the front and 275/45-17's rear be about right then? I want the rim and side wall to be balanced and not have as much sidewall as my 15's do now, but I don't want rubber band tires either haha I hate choices :lol:

Blown70

Those sizes sound about good.. for a blance... imo..

viper r/t

How does 245/45/17 for the front and 255/50/17 for the rear sound?
I want to make certain because I have to order them tomorrow  :eek2:  :2thumbs:

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: Troy on October 12, 2009, 02:41:26 PM
Tire sizes have been pretty well covered already. I don't have the information with me but I'm trying to remember if a 17x7 wheel with a +6mm offset will clear on the front. I think it will.

275/40-17 should fit on the back and 235/45-17 on the front. Depending on your location I have a set of 225/45-17 and 275/40-17 Bridgestone RE-750s in my garage that I bought for my Barracuda and never used.

Troy

I know we got some good thread's here & there.
I think we should re-do a thread about posting tire sizes.  I visit Zilvia's forum and they have it all organized....

Here's the threads...

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/166563-maximum-tire-rubber-fitment-thread.html
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-wheel-fitment-whore-thread-stretch-flush.html

That way anyone who has questions can refer to one organized thread and read everyone's individual build.