News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MEGASQUIRT on 512 stroker motor, advs and disadvs?

Started by Pouria, October 09, 2009, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pouria

Hi;
After visiting the most expert guy of MEGASQUIRT in my area, I got highly interested to go for a fuelinjeted MEGASQUIRT (maybe blown) 512 stroker motor. If anyone in this board has experience of any kind with any similar project kindly share the data with me as I badly need it to be able to make decision.

Pouria

Rolling_Thunder

I WAS going to run that set up on my 512...    MSII is a great and versitile system - the plus side is the cost factor as well as the simplicity of the system...      downside is it is only has two injector drivers - making it batch or bank fire - not a horrible thing - hp is the same as full sequential - the only difference is generally noticable at smog checks....    

MSII will support a EFI system over a 512ci BB without problem...      

The negatives are also a weak connector (DB37) which is not water tight so the MSII must be mounted in the passenger compartment...     other than that it is a great system...    

I have a complete set up for a BB Mopar in the for sale section if you're interested.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Pouria

Verygood info, thank you. I am interested, give me the link please.

Rolling_Thunder

frederick

Upside of the MS is the large internet support.
Downsides are the reliability by bad soldering, and the not always logical software.

I wouldn't go MS but adaptronic, much more advanced and not to pricy.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: frederick on October 09, 2009, 06:21:13 PM
Upside of the MS is the large internet support.
Downsides are the reliability by bad soldering, and the not always logical software.

The soldering is done by whoever sells the kits- as B&G only supply kits - they are assembled by whoever buys the kits. DIY auto tune has been pretty good - a friend of mine is running on on his Lexus and his Tacoma...    no problems -

If you're very concerned about the soldering you can always buy an unassembled kit and do it yourself    :shruggy:

frederick

What I meant was either buy a professionally assembled MS, or do it yourself.
Don't buy second hand, you wouldn't believe the soldering on some of them. :eyes:

d72hemi

The MS3 is about to be released, and that allow for sequential injection and COP (coil on plug) for individual coils let cylinder. www.ms3efi.com/forum/index.php I believe is the site. MS3 is in beta testing now. I can't wait for it.

Ian