News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Foot Surgery.....another setback on my resto.

Started by The70RT, October 09, 2009, 09:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Well I put it off as long as I could, so  I scheduled surgery a couple months ago. I couldn't get in till yesterday. It was worse then the doctors thought. I was told about 45 minutes but I was on the table for over two hours. The x-rays didn't show all the damage. My doctor had no idea how I was working everyday by just taking Tylenol (last couple months) The last few weeks it has been pretty crazy trying do anything. I know I waited way too long since It was on going for the last eight years. The original doctor said it wasn't going to get any worse after being in a boot back then....but since last year It finally slowed me down to just mostly just going to work. I will be off work for a couple of months. Hopefully I can somewhat get back on the resto after that. I won't be fully recovered for about a year though. :P
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

b5blue

I'm very sorry to hear about your foot! I kinda hurt mine a few years ago and limped around working construction for several months, hurt like hell but I had to keep going. I hope you heal well now that the Dr. has had at it. (I hope you told him to use only genuine MoPar parts)  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

sorry to hear dennis I hope you heal well and fast .  get well soon  brother

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: b5blue on October 09, 2009, 10:31:03 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your foot! I kinda hurt mine a few years ago and limped around working construction for several months, hurt like hell but I had to keep going. I hope you heal well now that the Dr. has had at it. (I hope you told him to use only genuine MoPar parts)  :2thumbs:

Thanks. He removed several bone spurs and had to do more grinding than expected. My Achilles was pretty damaged and had to cut off some scar tissue and fix the fraying so no parts were used  ;D. I went in just in time or they would have had to cut out the bad part of the tendon then stretch the tendon and reattach it, that would have gave me parts and up to 70 more stitches.

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on October 09, 2009, 10:38:18 AM
  sorry to hear dennis I hope you heal well and fast .  get well soon  brother

Thanks brother  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Sorry to hear that Dennis...get better soon man :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

400/6/PAC

Todd Wilson

Quote from: The70RT on October 09, 2009, 02:39:05 PM
Quote from: b5blue on October 09, 2009, 10:31:03 AM

Thanks. He removed several bone spurs and had to do more grinding than expected. My Achilles was pretty damaged and had to cut off some scar tissue and fix the fraying so no parts were used  ;D. I went in just in time or they would have had to cut out the bad part of the tendon then stretch the tendon and reattach it, that would have gave me parts and up to 70 more stitches.

I am wondering if I dont have some spurs starting on my heel. I have a really sore heel on my one foot. Usually hurts bad enough to limp in the mornings when I get up or after a long day and I am sitting on the couch for an hour and get up to go take a leak. It will usually go away within 30 seconds to a few minutes. I can run on the heel really hard and feel some tendernous but not the pain like I have when walking.

Todd

The70RT

Thanks guys.

Todd - That's pretty much how I started out eight years ago. I walk roughly 5- 7 miles a day on concrete. When I first went in about 8 years ago I had a little bump appear on the back of my heel. I wore a boot (walking cast) for a few months and it stabilized but when I ran I had pain the next day. Last year I was told to move some soda machines and after that I was in constant pain. I finally did something before my tendon snapped. If you are getting a bump or worse pain you may want to get an x-ray. Don't be stupid like me and wait that long. :eyes:

TUFCAT

Quote from: The70RT on October 09, 2009, 06:13:23 PM
Thanks guys.

If you are getting a bump or worse pain you may want to get an x-ray. Don't be stupid like me and wait that long. :eyes:

GOOD LUCK with the recovery!!!

I may need your advice/help/guidance/moral support at a later date!! Actually, ....we have more in common than originally thought! :yesnod:

I have problems with spurs in my toe joint....and most people underestimate the pain associated with a bad toe, heel, arch, or anywhere else in the foot! :RantExplode:

These bones are relatively small for the constant beating and pressure they have to withstand..... It's relative to having a 7-3/4" axle behind a 440 six pack 4-speed (but in the foot). :eek2:

This is a very painful situation, and I really hope all goes well. Remember this advice......( and I got this from a doctor).

A foot surgeon could do a beautiful 100 point textbook job that should heel perfectly...but it depends on how well you treat the repair.

The bones of the foot are very fragile, and any misalignment while healing could be detrimental to the success.

Bottom line,  ...take it easy. You'll be walking fine in the time they specified, ...so don't rush anything.   :2thumbs:

TUFFY    

The70RT

Thanks for the advice. This originally was a work comp claim because I worked overtime and I said i was in pain and they made me work anyway......till I sued them. I was gullible and took a settlement with no stipulations  :slap: The doctor they sent me to said it was all good and wasn't gonna get any worse at the time. But It's all good and I have plenty of sick leave. If it was a work comp claim they would put me working at a desk till it healed. I would just rather be at home anyway, so I am not going back until the doctor authorizes it. I can't put any weight on it for 4 weeks and that's fine. My wife works for an attorney and they got me one of the best surgeons around.(he gets all the screw up's from other surgeons) He told me they took their time and done it right. I can't afford to mess around and get back on it too soon. Yeah your right unless you have spurs no one has any idea what these feel like...... especially when you bump it on something  :o I will be round if you need any advice / support  :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

Get better soon my friend  :2thumbs: it is a setback, but it wont stop you  :2thumbs:

The70RT

TUFCAT

I'll be watching the progress.....because Dennis knows how much I love 70 Charger R/T's!!!  :2thumbs:

Khyron

Thanks, I'll never get to sleep now *shudder*

get well bro :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Quote from: Khyron on October 13, 2009, 11:22:15 PM

Thanks, I'll never get to sleep now *shudder*

get well bro :)

Sorry and thanks. I made the mistake of going online the night before and researching pro's and con's  and video's on the surgery.  :eek2:

Khyron

Quote from: The70RT on October 13, 2009, 11:51:54 PM

I made the mistake of going online the night before and researching pro's and con's  and video's on the surgery.  :eek2:

never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever do that :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Hardly ever do I have dreams that I remember. But now with no sleep pattern I nap on and off periodically and wake from very graphic and crazy dreams. I'm sure it is the meds that I am on. Just for instance this morning I was back at work and our elevator broke again and fell to the basement and I came crawling out hurt but my boss was worried about the elevator and not me (probably what would really happen too). The old elevator did fall when some people were on it years ago and crippled one of our workers.  A little bit ago I had the re run of last weekends sprint cup race on and dosed off and had a dream I was there in the infield camping, my stitches came out because some kids were throwing things at me and I tried to chase them. The weird thing was I was with my dad.....he passed away several years ago. What a fun couple of months this is gonna be.  ::)

twodko

Its surely a PITA now but you will get better. Its very important you follow the regime your Doc has layed out for you.
I had to have spinal fusion surgery last September along with rods and bolts........pretty much a small truck chassis bolted to my lower spine. Its taken a year to get back to 90% but I can walk, do for my wife/family and work on my Charger. Small steps, big blessings!
I hear you about the meds. The stuff they sent me home with caused some of the most frightening nightmares I've ever had and remembered them too for the most part. I stopped taking this one pain med the next day, shook like a leaf for a couple days but no more nightmares. They said I shouldn't have stopped cold turkey hence the shakes. Oh well.
Get better. Cheers.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Khyron

wow, I want some of your meds.... care to share ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Quote from: twodko on October 14, 2009, 02:56:07 PM
Its surely a PITA now but you will get better. Its very important you follow the regime your Doc has layed out for you.
I had to have spinal fusion surgery last September along with rods and bolts........pretty much a small truck chassis bolted to my lower spine. Its taken a year to get back to 90% but I can walk, do for my wife/family and work on my Charger. Small steps, big blessings!
I hear you about the meds. The stuff they sent me home with caused some of the most frightening nightmares I've ever had and remembered them too for the most part. I stopped taking this one pain med the next day, shook like a leaf for a couple days but no more nightmares. They said I shouldn't have stopped cold turkey hence the shakes. Oh well.
Get better. Cheers.

Tom

Sorry to hear that. I am sure you have and still are going though more than I could ever imagine. I have some back issues myself, hopefully I have learned not to take it for granted like I did earlier in life. If I think I can't do it I will get some help. Don't think I am feeling sorry for myself because when it all over I will be back to normal and supposedly pain free for the first time in several years. I am stoked to get well, I went to a supervisory position a few months ago most of the grunt work will be done by others now. I am starting to miss some meds to see if I can cut back on them them.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Khyron on October 14, 2009, 03:28:30 PM
wow, I want some of your meds.... care to share ;)

Sure, bring over some of that bourbon and we can share  ;D

twodko

The older we get the less invincible we are, in my case anyway. Good that you're in management now.....the youngbucks need the grunt work to pay their dues like we did. Backing off the meds, when you can, is good too. The stuff they give us eases the pain but reeks havoc with regularity.
The up side is we've earned the right to complain about getting older, the aches and pains, having our resto's delayed (yet again) and being generally grumpy!
When I get home tonight and take my med I'll hoist one for you. After they interact it'll be like the late 60's all over again! hahaha Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

The70RT

Quote from: twodko on October 15, 2009, 11:00:41 AM
The older we get the less invincible we are, in my case anyway. Good that you're in management now.....the youngbucks need the grunt work to pay their dues like we did. Backing off the meds, when you can, is good too. The stuff they give us eases the pain but reeks havoc with regularity.
The up side is we've earned the right to complain about getting older, the aches and pains, having our resto's delayed (yet again) and being generally grumpy!
When I get home tonight and take my med I'll hoist one for you. After they interact it'll be like the late 60's all over again! hahaha Good luck.

Tom

Ha ha....well said Tom, thanks. I am yet to try the new Bud Light Wheat.