News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need PIC's of "black ghost stripes",, on black car.....

Started by R2, October 08, 2009, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

do you guys have any pics of some black cars,,,with BLACK ghost stripes on them ?
I assume they are "flat" black or mat black stripes,,,,,

just thinking outloud........ :scratchchin:

ps,,how hard is it to remove an existing stripe ?? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

R2

bull

R2

Thanks Bull,,,,,they count..........
wow,,,nice cars........
have you ever had to remove a pre-existing stripe ?

thanks for posting all the pics,,,that it what i was looking for.
Doug
:2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: R2 on October 08, 2009, 07:54:57 PM
Thanks Bull,,,,,they count..........
wow,,,nice cars........
have you ever had to remove a pre-existing stripe ?

thanks for posting all the pics,,,that it what i was looking for.
Doug
:2thumbs:

You're welcome. If it matters I'd say the stripes on that first 68 pictured above were painted on. The rest look like decals.

As far as taking them off, I've heard it's pretty easy. See the second post and third pic down on the second page of this thread (by 1969chargerrtse): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59641.20.html

And if you eventually ask for opinions on which stripe people prefer, go ahead and put me down for flat black on gloss black rather than white on black. I'm not into stark contrast when it comes to stripes. I like them subtle, especially with the R/T emblem, which is the case with yours.

68charger383

Wow, anyone know what type rims the 68 in front of the lake has. Very nice.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

71ChallengeHer

If they are vinyl stripes , you can heat hem up with a hair dryer and they should peel off. Then remove the adhesive with adhesive remover( goo gone) something like that. I've done it plently of times. If I can do it ...............

bull

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 08, 2009, 10:23:09 PM

Not to be a wisenheimer but that's a '69. :nana: :nono: :nutkick: And they look like the same wheels as Mr. Angry has so he would be a good one to ask.

richRTSE

Hi Doug, How's it going? Sorry I missed you guys at Norwalk this year. I heard Rick didn't take the doctor's advice. :slap:

I must say I do like the white stripe, but I have thought of changing mine too. Maybe going back to the factory stripe delete, or maybe red.  :scratchchin: Do you still race the Charger much?

Rich

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on October 08, 2009, 10:56:51 PM

Not to be a wisenheimer but that's a '69. :nana: :nono: :nutkick: And they look like the same wheels as Mr. Angry has so he would be a good one to ask.

Mike has Boyd Coddington Junkyard Dog's on Mr. Angry if I'm correct. That '69 infront of the lake has Hurst brand wheels. One sweet car for sure.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

R2

Rich,,,,
hey , thanks for the post.....
I enclosed a pic of what i am looking for,,,,,
My Charger is actually a stripe delete,,,,RT/SE
I put a white stripe on it a long time ago....white,,,,car looks almost identical to yours.....

I still have the emblems though..... ( the holes for the emblems are still there,,,,,so i put them back on.... )

I was thinking i could get the "stripe delete" look,,,,and a stripe ( ghost ),,,all in one,,,if i put a matte black stipe on it.

I plan on tearing the car apart in a year or two,,,and have it sent out,,,,get the body done professionally,,,and put it back together....

I dont race it much,,,,,now that i have the Belvedere...plus i dont want to tear it up....

Might even put the 4 speed back in it.........we'll see....

Rick really cut his hand,,,,,saw him at Norwalk,,,sorry you couldnt make it...........

We are doing Clay City this weekend,,,,,,and perhaps Bowling Green next weekend..........

Have you ever had to remove a pre-existing stripe before ??

wondering how easy/hard it is....might see how it goes,,,,and order a stripe from Performance Car Graphics next week......

see the pic below,,,i think it looks killer...............

talk to ya later.

Doug

richRTSE

Wow, that does look nice!  :drool5: I've never had to remove a stripe, but if you do it, let us know how it goes. If I decide to put Magnum 500s and redlines on the car next year, I might change the stripe to red (or delete it  :scratchchin:). My car was originally a stripe delete, and was a triple green car (F5). I really liked the black/white combo at the time, and I still do, just might like to see it a little different for a while. Keep us posted.

Rich
:cheers:

chargerrt

They are definitely like the Hurst wheels.  These are pretty much the same thing.

http://www.rwclassics.com/rw7.html

kingjoop

1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

R2

well,
the old stripe is OFF,,,,,,,,,,,, came off using a hair dryer,,,and some patience.............
Need to get some of the adhesive off.....
will order the new stripe soon...........

thanks for the pics guys..........

bull