News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody else wish the 68-70 Charger design had lasted longer?

Started by Charger440RDN, October 01, 2009, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 RT

They made more because they sold more. Also chevelle line includes 4 doors, wagons and el camino. So these are included in those numbers.

b5blue

Keep in mind that the Charger is/was Dodge's Flagship car and as such it was expected to stay cutting edge, even in 77 the Charger was competing with Monty Carlo and Thunderbird for the "Personal Luxury" market that was all the rage.  :Twocents:

Charger440RDN

Quote from: b5blue on October 09, 2009, 07:21:07 PM
Keep in mind that the Charger is/was Dodge's Flagship car and as such it was expected to stay cutting edge, even in 77 the Charger was competing with Monty Carlo and Thunderbird for the "Personal Luxury" market that was all the rage.  :Twocents:

That term "PERSONAL LUXURY COUPE" just makes me disgusted :rotz: it represents the end of the muscle car era, when muscle was dying off. Who needs luxury anyway? Remember all the superbee needed was a bench seat, pistol grip shifter and a 440 six pack, no radio, no carpet, no A/C, roll down windows   :icon_smile_big: America got soft in the 1970's going for luxury.

I once heard somebody say personal luxury is for old people, lard asses and pussies. :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 09, 2009, 10:40:06 PM
Quote from: b5blue on October 09, 2009, 07:21:07 PM
Keep in mind that the Charger is/was Dodge's Flagship car and as such it was expected to stay cutting edge, even in 77 the Charger was competing with Monty Carlo and Thunderbird for the "Personal Luxury" market that was all the rage.  :Twocents:

That term "PERSONAL LUXURY COUPE" just makes me disgusted :rotz: it represents the end of the muscle car era, when muscle was dying off. Who needs luxury anyway? Remember all the superbee needed was a bench seat, pistol grip shifter and a 440 six pack, no radio, no carpet, no A/C, roll down windows  :eek2: America got soft in the 1970's going for luxury.

I once heard somebody say personal luxury is for old people, lard asses and pussies. :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:

Can I gen an A'men?!  :cheers:

b5blue

Right the era of bookshelf bumpers smog motors that ran cleaner but used 2X the gas exhaust choking catalytic converters snorting cocaine disco queen boogie down (shake shake shake) god awful silky printed big collar shirts with double knit red slack 2 inch thick sole shoe big gold chain wearing self obsessed ex hippie heading to yuppytown personal luxury driving consumer that industry catered to and I ignored.  :eek2: Those were the dark years for me.