News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you cut?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, October 08, 2009, 12:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Been busy with getting the carpet but got stucked when I came to the area of the acceleratorplate, the one where the throttlecable is attached.
Does one cut the carpet around it or what' normal? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Do you all drive around without carpet or? :smilielol:

This POS carpet I bought really doesn't fit like it should according to my opinion. :scratchchin:

Per

jaak

I haven't put carpet in my 69 yet, but have in my 73. I know that the acc pedal doesnt mount in the floor on a 73 like in a 68-70, but here is some advise/suggestions.

My carpet did require alot of trimming, infact I had to trim about 6 inches off the front of it to get it to sit right in the car (over the hump..etc.). After getting it centered up and lined up in the car, I used a soldering Iron and burnt the holes in for the bucket seats, from the bottom (using a soldering iron makes a nice smooth hole and the carpet won't un-ravel). Then I mounted the front buckets, will hold the carpet down in place while doing all the other trimming. As far as your pedal, I would do the same thing...when you have your carpet in place, stick a hot soldering iron up through the mounting holes from the bottom side. that also works for all your holes for your seat belt holes.
Also when it comes time to trim up the sides, the best thing to use is a single edge razor blade. I tried sissors, utility knife, etc. but the razor worked best for me.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Jason

b5blue

Hey! As a matter of fact I do drive around with no carpet!  :nana:

twodko

Hello Per,

Jaak suggests the best bet for making clean, ravel free holes in carpeting. The gas pedal holes are a little tough because you can get a soldering through one hole but not the other one because of the exhaust pipe.....at least that's the way it is on my 69.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Belgium R/T -68

I used my seattracks to hold down the carpet while doing the sides, also helps to find back the holes the day the seats are going in.
For the accplate I will do my best.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

A new carpet is on the list for improvements during the winter. Around the console it's not possible to get it nice. Tried heatgun
but it's simply to much material. What brand is better?

Per

Foreman72

whose carpet did you get? i'd go with legendary when/if you plan on replacing
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Belgium R/T -68

It's from Trimparts, don't know what brand Legendary sells? :scratchchin:

Per

Foreman72

i'm not sure of the brand name...but i'll bet it'll fit nice :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

68r/t

I used TrimParts as well,  it fits like crap around the hump, after the shipping costs to Australia and me contacting TrimParts about the problem with no reply I will never be buying a TrimPart product again. it is junk.
I tried  a heat gun as well, it helped a little but I can't leave it in it annoys me to much.

vancamp

ive used the carpet from ecs without wrinkles or using a heat gun but it is still a pain to trim around the firewall accessories