News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauging interest in a group wheel buy. Magnums, ralleys, Warrior, etc. *UPDATE**

Started by bull, October 07, 2009, 09:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UFO

Quote from: bull on January 12, 2010, 10:56:14 PM
Welp. I guess I'll be calling Kelly tomorrow and raising some hell.

It's an excellent deal for members so don't go and mess it up.

bull

Quote from: UFO on January 12, 2010, 11:33:09 PM

I don't really appreciate your tone since I did all the work to create this "excellent deal" but you did manage to help me think about it and arrive at a decision about talking to them. Other than setting up the group buy, knowing one recently hired employee and being in close geographic proximity to Specialty I have nothing to do with them so I don't feel obligated to confront them on their customer service skills. I think it's lame that they appear to be ignoring 2-3 customers from this site and if I worked there or had some vested interest in Specialty I wouldn't stand for it but I don't so I'm not convinced it's my job to confront them.

brianz426

Wow, keep us all posted on how this works out. I'm getting close to being ready to place my order, this type of talk is making me a little nervous.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bull on January 13, 2010, 11:18:29 AM
Quote from: UFO on January 12, 2010, 11:33:09 PM

I don't really appreciate your tone since I did all the work to create this "excellent deal" but you did manage to help me think about it and arrive at a decision about talking to them. Other than setting up the group buy, knowing one recently hired employee and being in close geographic proximity to Specialty I have nothing to do with them so I don't feel obligated to confront them on their customer service skills. I think it's lame that they appear to be ignoring 2-3 customers from this site and if I worked there or had some vested interest in Specialty I wouldn't stand for it but I don't so I'm not convinced it's my job to confront them.

:iagree:

Thanks for all you've done Bull !

Daytona R/T SE

Well, I just checked my e-mail...

Nuthin'  :brickwall:

So I Call...

"The office is closed"  :brickwall:

This is at 4:30 Central time today.

They have my credit card info...

I'm getting pissed. :icon_smile_angry:

So what the hell, I'll resend my e-mail...

Again...

Might get lucky  :shruggy:

ChgrSteve67

What number are you calling?

I got a set of rims from Kelly and he seemed like a straight up and nice guy.
Kelly leaves at 2:30PM each day. I would try calling early in the morning.

I would not worry about your credit card.

bull

Sorry for my crappy attitude earlier. :rotz: I knew better than to get easily annoyed and post stupid BS like that but I did it anyway. I was in a bad mood today for nothing imparticular.

Anyway, I have no intention of calling Kelly to bawl him out and set him straight (and I shouldn't have conveyed that earlier) but since I'm local I am willing to take you concerns to him in person so he at least knows there are some issues on the table that need to be dealt with.

khodne

I only called Kelly in the morning and he answered every time.  When I ordered my wheels they didn't charge for them until after they where boxed and ready to ship, less than two weeks.  This is more the I can say for Stockton.  Stockton bills the day you place the order then they start to make them, took six weeks to receive.  The next wheels I purchase, Kelly will be getting another call.  Hope you have better luck calling in the morning.

bull

That is a good point. Kelly leaves the office at 2:30 PST, probably because most of his business is with folks on the east coast. That doesn't excuse his failure to return messages but it might explain some things. You know, some people are just quirky with the way they work with people. I know I've had to deal with lots of people that just don't communicate in ways you expect them to because they are in their rut and that's where they operate. Not saying Kelly is like that but it's one possibility. Anyway, I sent him following message so we'll see if he answers, and if so what he says.

Kelly,

There are some dodgecharger.com members expressing concerns about difficulty in contacting you at Specialty to place orders, ask questions and check status. Is there some bit of information I can pass along on the site to address these concerns? Perhaps tell them better ways and times in which to contact you? For the most part things seem to be going well but two or three guys say their messages are not being returned via email or telephone.

Thanks,
Curtis

Daytona R/T SE

I just got an e-mail from Kelly @ specialty wheels.

Everything is OK.

Like Bull said above,

I guess he's a little quirky ?

Still, I wish he had been more prompt in answering my questions...  :shruggy:

I'm not the only one who he has left wondering for a few days...

But all is well, now.

He asked me to pass along to the members here at DC.com this little tid bit of

information:

All members of DC.com MUST call their orders in to Kelly himself to receive the

discount.

Otherwise you'll be charged the higher price.

bull

Just checked my email upon waking up. It's now 6:37 am PST and I got this from Kelly at Specialty:

"Curtis,

I am here from 6:30 am until 2:00 pm Monday through Friday. If someone calls during that time there is a 95% chance I will be the one answering the phone. My email is also a good place to make contact if after those hours. kellys@specialtywheel.com Please let everyone know that the website is NOT where to place your orders for the club. I do not get the emails from the site quickly and the prices they will get on there will be higher than your club price. 503-491-8848 or 800-959-5800. let the guys know I appreciate the business and if they cant call during the hours I am here to email me with their phone numbers and be sure to let me know in the email that they are part of the club.

Thanks again!

Kelly"

Daytona R/T SE

I got a tracking number in an e-mail today from "Julia" at specialty wheels... :coolgleamA:

I'm thinkin' this means my wheels are on the way  :scratchchin:

Stay tuned, kids  :wave:

Daytona R/T SE

bull

ChgrSteve67

bull

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on January 22, 2010, 04:15:29 PM
After all the drama you owe us some pictues of the new rims.

I know, I know !  :nana:

I was going to wait until I get the tires mounted on them. :coolgleamA:

It might be a week or two until I can find time to get to the tire shop and have that done... :scratchchin:

There will be pictures...

Eventually  ;) :angel:

bull

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 22, 2010, 05:51:49 PM

It might be a week or two until I can find time to get to the tire shop and have that done... :scratchchin:

Remember to tell them they are two-piece lug centric wheels. They need to be balanced at the lug holes, not the center hub.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2010, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 22, 2010, 05:51:49 PM

Remember to tell them they are two-piece lug centric wheels. They need to be balanced at the lug holes, not the center hub.

Yup. :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

ChgrSteve67

khodne

Just got the tire's and rims balanced.  The 15x10's with 325/50's took .75 and 1.25.  The 15x8's with 245/60's took 1.5 and nothing. :2thumbs:  The tire guy couldn't believe the no weight so he re-spun the tire a couple of times.

Thanks again Bull for putting this together.   

bull

Quote from: khodne on March 22, 2010, 08:51:49 AM
Just got the tire's and rims balanced.  The 15x10's with 325/50's took .75 and 1.25.  The 15x8's with 245/60's took 1.5 and nothing. :2thumbs:  The tire guy couldn't believe the no weight so he re-spun the tire a couple of times.

Thanks again Bull for putting this together.   

Cool. You had them balanced by the lug holes, right? Time for pics. :yesnod: