News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

been think about buying

Started by charger chris, November 21, 2015, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

well i have the chance to buy a 68 charger it has a 440 in it its auto on the calem. has roadwheels this car hasn't been touch in year what do you think it wreath? oh ya it has some rust but it in a barn for long time on blocks.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Yeah, without a little more info it could be worth anywhere from 500 to 50,000.

cavemanno1

Well,without seeing any picture and trying to get a '68 charger for 2 years now i can tell you it's worth more then 10k even if it's rotted to death!
Ok,not worth it but that is what they go for which isn't the same thing i guess.

It angers me a lot that i can not buy what i want because of the prices just keep going up!I have a 35k budget and i can not find a '68 4 speed in good driver condition!

If someone comes up to me now and say that they keep seeing them for sale,well,thanks for keeping it to yourself!

Mike DC

You can convert any automatic car to a 4spd for a few thousand. 

charger chris

well this car isnt rotted to death. this car its normal rust spots but the floors are soild doors are good hood may be good and the grill is great and moter and trans are number matching. thinking about buying it and selling the car after i take what i need on it. unless some give me money for whole car. and then i can get the parts i need too.
:popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

70 sublime

If you are working on a 70 and this parts car is a 68 not alot of the parts are going to be the same if you are trying to build a corect 70
If you are looking for parts to just get the 70 going then that is fine also
But everything ahead of windshield is different on a 68 vs 70
fenders
hood
bumper and grill
front valence
The doors are different as the door lock button on inside is closer to the back edge of door (makes the interior top door pannel different also)
Dash is different (key and 4 way flasher are on the steering column of a 70 vs 68)
Glove box door (one opens down and one opens up)
Steering column different

If the 68 is all there and you can keep it till you are done with the 70 just to get some of the little nuts and bolts for this and that and to see where things go you will do alright
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ws23rt

Buy the car if it's what you are looking for. :shruggy:
You can spend endless hours searching for these things and others opinions. If your bottom line is seeking the best buy of the moment you will never be satisfied.
It's not much different then one in front of a slot machine that will only go home with the jackpot.

Buy what you can afford and make what you can from it.--After all you are looking for a charger and not a retirement plan.

I'm not intending to dismiss the curiosity we all have about values.--I'm just saying that we can spend much time and effort seeking a deal and miss the ownership that started the quest. :Twocents:

Without pictures and any other details we have only your enthusiasm to work with.

charger chris

yes i do know there is diffrents between the two cars. and i going to keep the car as close to 70 as i can but my car is going to have a 69 frount clip on it. and i do need parts and this car has a lot of parts i need. unless some one would trade a 70 with every thing on it. this car is the only one i found around here.

:popcrn:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Lord Warlock

would guess his avatar picture is the picture of the car he's talking about.  Anything sitting on blocks for a long time outside is going to need a lot of work, if it has parts you need however, buy it then sell what is left over.  Having a parts car is a wonderful thing if you have the room for one.  

I am so glad that I didn't have to try and rebuild one that far gone, was a godsend to have kept my first car and kept it stored inside a garage for most of its 30+ years of storage.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

six-tee-nine

Its your money, but why buy a second #'s matching project to hack them both up? Maybe the 68 is a better start, sell the '70 and start working on the 68 with the cash you got from that '70 shell.

Or are you that bound to the '70?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

charger chris

the 70 is closer to what i want. and two i dont feel right makeing a 68 look like a 69 have thought about it. three they both need the same things but the floor. so i am just going take parts off it for the 70 unless some one was wanting to buy it as it sits. :popcrn: ill get pics on here soon going to take some next week.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone