News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Single or doublecarb setup?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, October 06, 2009, 02:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

I'm in the process of planning my Hemibuild and need to decide if I should go for single or double carb setup. What's recomended
when I only want a sundaycruiser, shakersetup meaning minmum tuning and much vacuum?
Has the carbsetup nothing to do with amount of vacuum produced?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Cooter

The amount of carb's has nothing to do with the amount of vaccum produced, that would be the camshaft and how long it is on overlap as to how little or how much vaccum it pulls....

I can tell you, it's much easier to tune a single carb and less expensive too boot...But! Multiple carb's are soooooo cool!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Belgium R/T -68

The only negative aspect of single carb I found so far (except the coolness :lol:) is that most shaker baseplates are made for double carbs.

Per

firefighter3931

Single carbs are easier to tune and in most cases make more power. I prefer function over looks so that's the way i would go....if it were mine.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 07, 2009, 08:01:40 PM
Single carbs are easier to tune and in most cases make more power. I prefer function over looks so that's the way i would go....if it were mine.  ;)

Ron

That's what I needed to hear Ron :2thumbs: For a cruiser/driver car minimal maintenance/tuning is a most according to my opinion.

BTW, found out that 6-packperformance makes a singlecarb baseplate for shaker setup. :icon_smile_big:

Per