News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bar for my garage... Ideas or pics please..

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, October 06, 2009, 12:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

So my new garage is almost complete and I have spent a lot of extra time and money to make this the best I could, based on my budget.

I have wired surround sound and speakers as well as run cable in. I have potlights on dimmers and installed stainless and glass track lights to shine where the dart board and TV will be installed.I will eventually install a big screen TV, dart board, foosball table and I want to build a bar on wheels.

Lets see what you guys have done. I am looking for any ideas on possible design etc. I want it to be on wheels with a sink/s wired with lights, built in bar fridge with a tile top so my buddies can sit at the bar and watch TV or just hang out. When I am working in the shop I want to be able to wheel it out of the way.

I have not found a lot on the net which has interested me.

Cheers,

James

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FLG

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 06, 2009, 01:01:02 AM
When you're done...can I come over? :icon_smile_big:

Better make sure he's stocked up on coke cody  :hah:  :nana:

elacruze

I like this one even if the bar is standing on end...
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

draftingmonkey

Wish I had something other than an idea or two. No room in my garage. How about the following:

1) Use industrial type tool box wheels that have locks.  With a tile top, fridge and sink it will be heavy.

2) Use a floor runner for the extension cord for the mini fridge, so that it lies flat and is not a trip hazard. If you want to make it truly portable, use an RV style fridge set to run off a 12V deep cycle battery (also see below).

3) If you want to have running water use 5 gallon buckets for fresh water and drain water. Install a 12V battery to run an RV style water pump (self priming).  Now you don't have to run water or drain lines to your bar and you can roll it to where ever you want to use it.

4) Install a SS bar sink with an RV faucet. Use a push on/release off switch to run the water pump. That way the pump won't just run if you should accidentally hit it.

Have fun and keep us informed on your progress.

Another James

oldrock

reading this makes me realize my garage is way too small  :rotz: