News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

George Foreman Grille. Sucks for burgers, but awesome Quesedillias!!

Started by dkn1997, October 03, 2009, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I've had this thing for years and the burgers that came out of it made me want to vomit in my mouth.

I used it tonight to make steak quesedillias and it's like it was made for that.  cooks on both sides and once you put your shit in it, it takes about 8 minutes to make one.  I never made these before and it rules!!!
RECHRGED

71ChallengeHer

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

ChgrSteve67

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

John_Kunkel

I don't do quesadillas at home so my grill will stay in the back of the closet where it's been for years.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ponch ®

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 03, 2009, 07:54:19 PM
  it takes about 8 minutes to make one.  !

wait...it's taking you 8 minutes to make a quesadilla?  :smilielol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

My Father has a George Foreman Grille, maybe even 2 or 3 of them in different sizes. He gave my wife & I one, but I'm not sure if it's the Foreman brand, or some generic POS. We didn't want because we have a small galley kitchen with very limited space. We thanked him anyway, tried it out ONCE & will not use it ever again. The damn thing took longer to clean than it did to drive to the store, buy the food, drive home, prepare the food, cook the food, set the table, go round up our daughter playing a video game, & watch a movie. The lid & the hinge area doesn't come apart & you can't submerge it to get all the grease & crud out of it. It would make life easier to throw it away.

My Dad is one of those people that loves gadgets that specifically make, or do, ONE thing only. If he had the space for more s**t in his house, he'd have stuff like....

Toaster - 2 slice model
Toaster - 4 slice model
Toaster - 8 slice commercial model
Toaster mounted bread burning sensor
Toaster oven
Toaster over automatic bread flipper
Popcorn corn grower
Popcorn maker
Popcorn butter melting device
Popcorn butterer
Popcorn unpopped corn kernal separator
Popcorn warmer
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChgrSteve67

dkn1997

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 05, 2009, 01:14:06 PM

I'm usually right there with ya ponch...but you have to explain this one.  is quesadilla a new code word for some sort of vile sex act?  :moon: anything less and I will be very disappointed in you  :down:
RECHRGED

Ponch ®

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 05, 2009, 07:13:47 PM

I'm usually right there with ya ponch...but you have to explain this one.  is quesadilla a new code word for some sort of vile sex act?  :moon: anything less and I will be very disappointed in you  :down:

Hate to disappoint, but this time I really am talking about quesadillas. Seriously...how can they take 8 minutes to make? Sometimes if I go to my mom's and she wants to fix me something to eat real quick she can whip up a few quesadillas in about the same amount of time it took me to type this.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

dkn1997

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 05, 2009, 08:44:58 PM

Hate to disappoint, but this time I really am talking about quesadillas. Seriously...how can they take 8 minutes to make? Sometimes if I go to my mom's and she wants to fix me something to eat real quick she can whip up a few quesadillas in about the same amount of time it took me to type this.

I am so done with you :2thumbs: 

I cook them for 8 minutes. I like the shells a bit crunchy.  I could probably do them in 3 or 4.   
RECHRGED

Ponch ®

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 06, 2009, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 05, 2009, 08:44:58 PM

I am so done with you :2thumbs: 

I cook them for 8 minutes. I like the shells a bit crunchy.  I could probably do them in 3 or 4.   

LOL...actually, the best crunchy quesadillas are made with corn tortillas. You have to make a few more (because the tortillas are smaller), but they're awesome. Try em and then tell me you didn't like them.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®