News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock appearance muscle cars doing incredible 1/4 mile times ?

Started by Nassau1969, October 01, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nassau1969

At Raceway park in NJ last month there were cars 60 thru 70s (Mopars) racing on the track with stock appearance and stock street tires and stock looking engines with factory exhaust manifolds and mufflers and sounding stock. Ok these cars were doing incredible times in the 1/4 mile for little tires, high 10's and 11's. Does anyone know any information on this type of class. I no there has to be work done that's hidden but what's the math on these cars. Engine work rear trany and exhaust manifolds must have had work done. There was no NOS. They sound stock with factory exhaust and Small tires. The front end would lift and no tire burning they would just take off at mid track. I would love to get my 69 R/T Charger to do that.

Troy

Check out F.A.S.T. (Factory Appearing Stock Tire): http://www.fastraces.org/

Those cars only look stock - they've been engineered with every trick in the book (fewer springs in the seats, extrude honed intake and exhaust, secret cam grinds, etc.).

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

It isn't a cheap undertaking either. :icon_smile_wink:  Member Ed Cook has a couple of cars he runs in that class but it's a pretty tight lipped fraternity when it comes to getting too much detailed info from them.  :-X

Grip64

These are by no means road cars....... Race fuel, HIGH compression motors, engine and transmission race parts etc, etc. BIG Money.