News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Drip Rail

Started by mike337, September 01, 2009, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

I pulled the drip rail moldings out of storage to clean them up prior to install, and found some hardware that I'm not sure about.  With the small trim piece that covers the joint between the long trim and the piece that runs down the A-Pillar, I found a small attachment clip and screw.

Are these used to secure the trim anywhere?  After all the body and paint work, I don't seem to have any telltale holes for these to mount to.

:icon_smile_question:

Hemidog

maybe they are the ones for securing the lower windshield trim in the corners..

mike337

This is the clip, is it the one for the windshield trim?

Shakey

That's used to hold the weatherstrip in place around the top of the door jamb.  I might have a photo of one installed, I'll look later.

mike337

gasoline_24

That is the clip used to hold the lower windshield trim on at the ends and wraps around into the door jamb.

mike337

Shakey

Here are the pics I have of a '68 in a salvage yard from a few years back.

Hemidog

How does it look installed? I don't have one...

mike337

You guys make it a pleasure to be working on a Mopar!  Thanx for all the help & guidance.

Mike  :cheers:

Hemidog

BUMP

Does anyone have a picture of it installed correctly?
Can't seem to find them on ebay, what are they called? easy to make?

y3chargerrt

I don't have a picture of one installed but the flat tab part slides in the lower windshield trim.

Hemidog

does it wrap around the drip rail weatherstrip first? I would really like to see a picture...

gasoline_24

I am going to install mine tonight and will post a pic once installed.

Hemidog

Troy

Sorry! I meant to get pictures of these before but hopefully it still helps.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mike337

Hemidog,

Send me a PM with your address.  I am pretty sure that I have an extra set.

Mike

green69rt

Quote from: mike337 on September 30, 2009, 08:45:59 PM
Hemidog,

Send me a PM with your address.  I am pretty sure that I have an extra set.

Mike

If this doesn't pan out send me a note, I might have and extra one or two.

Hemidog

Thanks for the pictures troy, does the screw penetrate the drip rail weatherstrip?

pm sent Mike!

Troy

Quote from: Hemidog on October 01, 2009, 12:52:51 AM
Thanks for the pictures troy, does the screw penetrate the drip rail weatherstrip?

pm sent Mike!
That's exactly the way my car came apart so I'd say it was installed before the weatherstrip. The car was painted once before so I'm not entirely sure. Let me dig through the old pictures of my black car to see how it was put together.

Troy

Hemidog

Quote from: Troy on October 01, 2009, 09:10:20 AM

pm sent Mike!
That's exactly the way my car came apart so I'd say it was installed before the weatherstrip. The car was painted once before so I'm not entirely sure. Let me dig through the old pictures of my black car to see how it was put together.

Troy

Cool. I don't really understand their function if they do not hold the weatherstrip, mine just hangs there (weatherstrip).

Troy

Quote from: Hemidog on October 01, 2009, 09:30:17 AM
Quote from: Troy on October 01, 2009, 09:10:20 AM

pm sent Mike!

Troy

Cool. I don't really understand their function if they do not hold the weatherstrip, mine just hangs there (weatherstrip).
They hold the lower windshield trim.

Troy