News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

kickdown linkage

Started by charger_cody, September 30, 2009, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

What is a good site to find a kickdown linkage setup.

Cody

Ghoste

charger_cody

For $350 i wont have one  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

And doesnt it matter if it edlebrock or not?

Cody

Ghoste

The Eddy carbs require an adapter on them to hook up a Chrysler automatic and if you don't have some sort of kickdown it will cost you a great deal more than $350 because you'll soon get to add a trans rebuild to the bill.  See if you can scrounge one from a yard or off of e-bay or something if you don't have one Cody.

charger_cody

Quote from: Ghoste on September 30, 2009, 08:23:36 PM
The Eddy carbs require an adapter on them to hook up a Chrysler automatic and if you don't have some sort of kickdown it will cost you a great deal more than $350 because you'll soon get to add a trans rebuild to the bill.  See if you can scrounge one from a yard or off of e-bay or something if you don't have one Cody.

Thanks for all the help!  :cheers:

Is it too much to ask for a picture of this adapter? I might have one off of my old carb.

Cody

JohnZepka

The adapter is a real simple piece that just bolts on to the carb, you can find it and a picture probably online at any auto store.

John_Kunkel

The Edelbrock #1481 throttle lever adapter.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

charger_cody

Now tell me this, if i have the kickdown cable and the end piece that goes on the tranny, will buying this adapter instead of buying everything else help me at all?

Cody

Ghoste

Depends on what cable you buy.

John_Kunkel

The adapter positions the throttle rod in the correct position for both the factory throttle cable and the factory transmission linkage, when using a cable for the transmission, the cable is pulled from the bottom of the throttle lever so the adapter plays no part in it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Ah yes, quite right.  I was misinterpreting the question to mean getting a cable kickdown would mean you wouldn't need the Chrysler linkage.

charger_cody

Quote from: Ghoste on October 02, 2009, 08:25:01 PM
Ah yes, quite right.  I was misinterpreting the question to mean getting a cable kickdown would mean you wouldn't need the Chrysler linkage.

Thank you for you gentleman's help. I'm going to buy the whole thing.

Thanks!!!

Cody

62 Max

And if you're smart,you won't buy Lokar  :Twocents:

charger_cody

Ghoste

Lokar is more generic and the instruction sheet might as well be non-existant.  There are different length levers at the transmission end for the throttle pressure input and in order for the cable to work properly, you will have to have the correct lever so that the ratio of lever travel to throttle movement is matched.  The Lokar one typically doesn't match.  Bouchillon is suppposed to be engineered for the typical Chrysler installation.  I bought mine from Mancini which I am pretty sure is a Lokar one just repackaged with better instructions.  In any case mine works excellently but that is apparently a not common case.  (although I can't verify that as fact, it's only what I've been told-as said, mine works great)