News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help drivers side header wont fit in

Started by 440charger68, October 02, 2009, 07:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

okay its a 68 dodge charger 318. i got the right side on with ease but the drivers side i had to take out the kick down linkage  and starter and it still wont fit. can anyone help me get these things on?? it looks like i have to take off some of my suspension
life's a garden, dig it.

mally69

bolt the starter in place pull the driver side engine mount should be one large bolt, jack that side of the engine up and it should go in.  Thats how i have to do it in my 69 and i have a 440.

Daytona R/T SE

I had headers on a 318 years ago, that the tie rod passed THROUGH the header on the driver's side.

You had to disconnect the tie rod, install the header and then put the tie rod back on THROUGH the header...

Brock Samson

The headers on my SB went under the frame rails...  :shruggy:

440charger68

haha thanks did it last nigh bunch of bs :flame: it was easier rebuilding a transmission then putting on these headers, but looks great now so its all worth it :2thumbs:
life's a garden, dig it.