News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my first speeding ticket in 18 years today...

Started by jb666, September 30, 2009, 06:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I was taking a business trip from Boston to upstate New York. I booked the rental last week. It got dropped off last night...

I had to leave at 4:30 this morning.. LONG before the rental company opens, so when I hopped in the car and learned that neither 12 Volt power plugs worked, I wasn't too happy.. (Needed GPS, Cell Phone Charger and Laptop).  I busted out the light and discovered it was only a blown fuse.. No problem.

I pull out of the driveway and hit the highway... I'm doing 65MPH.. All of a sudden the speedometer FLAT LINES... Sitting on ZERO for 2 minutes.. 3 minutes.. Finally it jumps up to 100 and flashes back to 65MPH where it sits for 30 seconds.. Repeat every 5 minutes.

Now, I have 650 miles to drive, round trip, so I just went with the flow of traffic and didn't let this bother me.... It wasn't hindering performance any.

On the last 100 miles of the trip, I see blue lights behind me...  :brickwall: I was in between two cars doing the same speed... I got stopped for doing 81 in a 65 Zone...

I'm going to contest it, but I'll have to drive 1.5 hours out to appear in court... Ugh.

Ok, I'm done whining...  :popcrn:

Dans 68

Hell, I thought it was going to be in the GL!  :rofl:  Sounds like you have a good case. Keep us informed.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

MoparManJim

Quote from: Dans 68 on September 30, 2009, 07:05:12 PM
Hell, I thought it was going to be in the GL!  :rofl: 

That was my very first thought here as well when I seen the headline.  :lol:

Charger440RDN

Cops have nothin better to do than ruin somebody's day  :rotz: I just took traffic safety school a month ago so my ticket wouldn't go on my record, $120 WASTED  :brickwall:

NHCharger

Quote from: jb666 on September 30, 2009, 06:08:20 PM
I was in between two cars doing the same speed... I got stopped for doing 81 in a 65 Zone...

I'm going to contest it, but I'll have to drive 1.5 hours out to appear in court... Ugh.

Were you the out of state masshole driver sandwiched between the two in state drivers? If you were in NH I wouldn't be surprised. NH state troopers have nothing better to do than hand out speeding tickets while the drug dealers haul drugs from Lawrence to Nashua by the ton and never seem to get caught.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

Quote from: NHCharger on September 30, 2009, 08:11:23 PM
I was in between two cars doing the same speed... I got stopped for doing 81 in a 65 Zone...

Were you the out of state masshole driver sandwiched between the two in state drivers? If you were in NH I wouldn't be surprised. NH state troopers have nothing better to do than hand out speeding tickets while the drug dealers haul drugs from Lawrence to Nashua by the ton and never seem to get caught.
Sound like WA cops. They find easy target rather than deal with meth cookers, druggies, etc
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dads_69

I agree with Silver this time around. WA. cops poped me for doing 144 mph  in a 55 zone in Kennewick,WA. years ago. Don't thet have anything else better to do?  ;D

$3300.00 bucks later total. Ah, those were the days.....
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

PocketThunder

Quote from: dads_69 on September 30, 2009, 10:25:37 PM
I agree with Silver this time around. WA. cops poped me for doing 144 mph  in a 55 zone in Kennewick,WA. years ago. Don't thet have anything else better to do?  ;D

$3300.00 bucks later total. Ah, those were the days.....
144?!!   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargergirl

I was taking a business trip from Boston to upstate New York. I booked the rental last week. It got dropped off last night...

I had to leave at 4:30 this morning.. LONG before the rental company opens, so when I hopped in the car and learned that neither 12 Volt power plugs worked, I wasn't too happy.. (Needed GPS, Cell Phone Charger and Laptop).  I busted out the light and discovered it was only a blown fuse.. No problem.

I pull out of the driveway and hit the highway... I'm doing 65MPH.. All of a sudden the speedometer FLAT LINES... Sitting on ZERO for 2 minutes.. 3 minutes.. Finally it jumps up to 100 and flashes back to 65MPH where it sits for 30 seconds.. Repeat every 5 minutes.

Now, I have 650 miles to drive, round trip, so I just went with the flow of traffic and didn't let this bother me.... It wasn't hindering performance any.

On the last 100 miles of the trip, I see blue lights behind me...  :brickwall: I was in between two cars doing the same speed... I got stopped for doing 81 in a 65 Zone...

You were the only law abiding citizen that pulled over so that the police officer could give you a ticket. The other two just sped away...this worked in one court case...forget where but the guy was let off. Also go after the rental agency for defective equipment. Maybe you can get a statement where they had to fix the problem. Also you were going with the flow of traffic...isn't there a law that states you HAVE to. If it was closer to home I would just say he was jealous of your car.
Trust your Woobie!

jb666

Quote from: chargergirl on October 01, 2009, 11:20:05 AM

I had to leave at 4:30 this morning.. LONG before the rental company opens, so when I hopped in the car and learned that neither 12 Volt power plugs worked, I wasn't too happy.. (Needed GPS, Cell Phone Charger and Laptop).  I busted out the light and discovered it was only a blown fuse.. No problem.

On the last 100 miles of the trip, I see blue lights behind me...  :brickwall: I was in between two cars doing the same speed... I got stopped for doing 81 in a 65 Zone...

Ok, I'm done whining...  :popcrn:
You were the only law abiding citizen that pulled over so that the police officer could give you a ticket. The other two just sped away...this worked in one court case...forget where but the guy was let off. Also go after the rental agency for defective equipment. Maybe you can get a statement where they had to fix the problem. Also you were going with the flow of traffic...isn't there a law that states you HAVE to. If it was closer to home I would just say he was jealous of your car.

Nahhhhhhh  :lol: , I was driving an 09 Camry.

A good thing happened today!!!!!! I got in the Camry to take another business trip North of Boston... I pulled out of my work driveway and BOOM, the dash goes black. No gauges at all. NOTHING.. So I drove where I needed to and went to the rental agency after the trip.. I walked in, explained what happened and told them they were going to do 3 things.......

1. Give me a detailed letter of my electrical failure causing gauges not to work (that were noted since 4:30 the morning I left).

2. Give me a ride back to work IN THIS CAR so they can see what it's doing first hand.

3. Giving me a free rental so when I drive 1.5 hours out I'm not racking up the miles on my personal vehicle..

He agreed to all 3, and apologized 100X... Said I got the "Camry From Hell". Ya think!!  :brickwall:

Here I am, today, driving 45 MPH down the road... Something look a bit odd?

Charger440RDN

And the media calls American cars junk? The foreign cars have just as many problems you just don't hear them make a big deal out of it. My wife's Honda Accord just got recalled last month for faulty airbags and I think Toyota just had a recall for something too.

jb666

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 01, 2009, 07:46:36 PM
And the media calls American cars junk? The foreign cars have just as many problems you just don't hear them make a big deal out of it. My wife's Honda Accord just got recalled last month for faulty airbags and I think Toyota just had a recall for something too.

Yeah, they did.. Something about the carpet causing the accelerator to stick.. Not sure of the details.

68charger383

Quote from: jb666 on October 01, 2009, 07:48:10 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 01, 2009, 07:46:36 PM

Yeah, they did.. Something about the carpet causing the accelerator to stick.. Not sure of the details.

That's because they make them in the US now  :lol:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

PocketThunder

Quote from: jb666 on October 01, 2009, 07:12:18 PMHere I am, today, driving 45 MPH down the road... Something look a bit odd?

You're out of gas?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."