News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any one paint/powder coat 2nd Gen Charger bumpers??

Started by elanmars, September 30, 2009, 12:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

I already saw one picture from a member (alan with the fleet of mopars)-he has them red and it looks decent.

My issue is that the chrome is pitted, I don't have the dough for re-chroming (or the time to be waiting around to get them back) and I'm curious as to how it'd look-I like painted bumpers on 3rd gens but kinda iffy on 2nd gens.

so if you have pics, know of any other cars that do/links etc, post them up please!!

something to consider-this isn't going to be some numbers matching, "100% old school" ride. I am painting the windshield/back window and upper window trim black. I will probably go for 17 front, 18 back wheels. Might go the cheap route and get the "bullitt"/torq thrust with black in the middle and chrome trim, or centerline retros.

I did a quick black and white photoshop of Alan's pic, unfortunately I don't know how to do legit color replacement on photoshop, so this is the best I can do. and it doesn't look too bad...

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

LeadfootBob

I'll add a question in the same vein. Looking to paint the bumpers (front and back) on my '70 and a set of chrome rims (nothing fancy, Cragar chrome spokes) and I'm wondering which is the most effective way of dechroming them short of an industrial process. Media blasting?
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

b5blue

Acid of some sort I would think? I would like to see photos of a 70 nose done that way!