News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How long before Cuda fans do this same thing to a new Challenger?

Started by bull, September 29, 2009, 10:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

The new Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, which is in fact a body kit on a Camaro:
http://wot.motortrend.com/6541891/tuners/rising-from-the-ashes-of-pontiac-camaro-to-firebird-body-kit-coming-soon/index.html
http://www.modernracer.com/news/tag/phoenix-ta/

The Phoenix T/A body kit will make its real-world debut later this month at the 2009 Trans Am Nationals in Dayton, Ohio.

Ghoste

It has already been happening, in fact I think there are a few companies now trying the Cuda conversion.

RD

personally, i think the "concept" pontiac trans am makes the new camaro look grotesque and disfigured... that TA is badazz!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

I have to agree with Motor Trend writer Scott Evans who said the actual T/A body kit (below) is a bit of a letdown compared to the concept drawings (above). But then when is anything as good as the concept drawings?

Ghoste

Intersting too that the Camaro tries to evoke the 69 model and with a few tweaks and the right paint and stripe the Pontiac pays tribute to the next generation of F-body.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: RD on September 29, 2009, 10:23:42 PM
personally, i think the "concept" pontiac trans am makes the new camaro look grotesque and disfigured... that TA is badazz!!

I agree, the Trans-Am concept looks much better than the camaro, that spoiler really sets it off.

71ChallengeHer

Mr Norm's Cuda. He had a Vert at Carlisle.

Khyron

The TA kit needs the Pontiac symbol on the nose between the lights.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Agreed.  It's on the concept one at the top and it does make quite a difference doesn't it?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on September 30, 2009, 11:01:15 AM
Agreed.  It's on the concept one at the top and it does make quite a difference doesn't it?
100 % better then that  :eek2: ugly camaro .  THat T/A looks awesome .  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on September 30, 2009, 11:01:15 AM
Agreed.  It's on the concept one at the top and it does make quite a difference doesn't it?

Probably a copyright infringement somehow. But that won't stop guys from adding it on. Also, I don't see why it would be so difficult to add two more headlights to that grill to finish it off.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Khyron on September 30, 2009, 08:41:31 AM

Agreed, and it also needs T-Tops.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ghoste on September 29, 2009, 10:22:21 PM
It has already been happening, in fact I think there are a few companies now trying the Cuda conversion.
Ya, Bull. Where have you been hiding.  Mr. Norms is almost a year old. (cuda version)  :yesnod:

Lowprofile

Quote from: RD on September 29, 2009, 10:23:42 PM

I agree. Is a Smokey & the Bandit remake far behind?   :scratchchin: :popcrn: :cheers:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TUFCAT

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Khyron on September 30, 2009, 08:41:31 AM

It does  look weird without the Pontiac symbol!! I knew something wasn't right  :lol:

ACUDANUT

bull

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 01, 2009, 03:42:47 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 29, 2009, 10:22:21 PM
Ya, Bull. Where have you been hiding.  Mr. Norms is almost a year old. (cuda version)  :yesnod:

I know, I've seen it. What I mean is that someone would come up with a kit so anyone can do it which is what these Phoenix people are doing with the Trans Am kit. To my knowledge Mr. Norm doesn't sell a kit.

ACUDANUT

Gottcha ?  Maybe someone in the future. :yesnod:  I bet Mr. Norm's cuda Conv is 35K added on the the purchase price of the Challenger. 75K  :shruggy:

Spike

Nutter pic of a Mr Norms Cuda/Challenger

Spike

Lowprofile

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 01, 2009, 06:45:34 PM
You guys are wrong---here's the real CATS-ASS!  :2thumbs:

um, no. This would be the cat's ass..... :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

71ChallengeHer

TUFCAT