News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Automatic Car Starters for Manual Cars and Carbureted Cars?

Started by METROID, September 29, 2009, 01:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

METROID

I have a manual 2000 Honda Civic and of Coarse my carbureted automatic 1968 Charger. I can't seem to find an automatic car starter for either. Every Brand I have seen says it will only work with fuel injection and automatic transmission vehicles  :brickwall: . I did find one site that had very complicated instructions on how to get a unit to work for manual cars but no carb solution.

I wouldn't think doing the Charger would be hard anyways considering you can cross the contacts on the relay and that baby fires right up, it shouldn't be so complicated for them to make one right?  :shruggy:

Has any one done this to there Chargers or Manual cars or can someone set me in the right direction?

GPULLER

We install AstroStart brand remotes at work.  We have installed them in manual shifted vehicles, it requires a few relays and modules but it can be done.
I personally don't do the installs so can't tell you the exact details.  All I know is if you don't have a good electronics background its better to let a pro install one.
Carb vehicles, we haven't put remote starts on.

Tilar

I think putting one of these systems on a standard transmission car would be dangerous unless you can put in some sort of safety system to be sure the car is in neutral before it will engaged the starter. Nobody can guarantee that 100% of the time they are going to park the car in neutral.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

METROID

Yeah, safety is a factor I found a few more sites with instruction for Manual set up. Some have fail safes that wont allow an auto start if the gear is not in neutral and parking break is not on. Sadly instructions and setup seem to be beyond me If you don't set it up right thows fail safes probably wouldn't kick in.

What about a carb setup, anyone find or know anything?