News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New guy with rear end question

Started by dodgecharger72, September 27, 2009, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Quote from: dodgecharger72 on September 29, 2009, 04:49:01 PM
I just checked Strange Engineering's website and I can gat a full Dana 60 rear end for my car for $1900. The tech guy said it has everything but the brakes. I think I am going to go this route.  It might take a little longer to get the money but I think it will be worth it.
Excellent choice!!!  figure it out.  I'm sure there are a few things to be done.  If you have front discs then think about going for four wheel disc brakes!!  the ultimate system and I think it will be worth the effort!!  I will have to think about doing this for my 69 restoration!!  Let us know how it goes.

dodgecharger72

I will definitely get some pics for you guys but it might be a few months before I can even get the money for the rear end. And i love the idea of disc brakes all around but I think I am going to wait until I get the 440 for that ;)

green69rt

Quote from: dodgecharger72 on September 29, 2009, 04:49:01 PM
I just checked Strange Engineering's website and I can gat a full Dana 60 rear end for my car for $1900. The tech guy said it has everything but the brakes. I think I am going to go this route.  It might take a little longer to get the money but I think it will be worth it.

So will it need the discs and pads or more than that?  Let us know how things go.  I'm really interested!!

dodgecharger72

I'm not sure about the brakes. Hopefully I can just transfer my drums over for now. But I will make a thread for it detailing the process when I get to it

gordo1968charger

the brakes from my 8.75 went straight on,but strange will make it to any spec you want anyway`1
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

lisiecki1

when i pulled the 8.75 that I put in my car I got a drum upgrade in the process because the rear came off of a station wagon.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

dodgecharger72

Yeah I have talked to the guys at Strange and they will mix and match their rear ends for pretty much anything

Road Dog

I'm running 2:76 gears with my 440 for over 200,00 miles now. The 8 1/4 are stronger than you think.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.