News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

roller rockers

Started by 68chargerboy, September 27, 2009, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

so whats the advantage of the plain old steel rockers over the aluminum roller rockers?

thanks
Zach

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mally69

i would say the steel ones definately are stronger but the aluminum ones are lighter and since they are rollerized it would make it easier on your valve train and be smoother. Are you talking about the old ductile iron rockers?

68chargerboy

Quote from: mally69 on September 27, 2009, 02:02:01 PM
i would say the steel ones definately are stronger but the aluminum ones are lighter and since they are rollerized it would make it easier on your valve train and be smoother. Are you talking about the old ductile iron rockers?

yea im talking about the old ones.  is there any hp benefits?

mally69

yea you'll probably gain a little but it wont be anything you would notice, at least i didnt notice much from switching from the old stamped factory ones  to aluminum crane gold golds.

68chargerboy

thanks for the input i guess ill just stick with the steel ones instead of dropping a ton of money for a weaker valvetrain with little to no hp increase  :2thumbs: