News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am considering going to look at this car......

Started by firstandgoal4, September 25, 2009, 04:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstandgoal4

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/1371629750.html

Thoughts on the price and what I should be looking for if/when I go look at it?

Thanks...

BIRD67

Uhh, wouldn't the R/T have the door scoops and a different taillight panel? Also, it's missing the windshield wiper motor..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

PocketThunder

Quote from: firstandgoal4 on September 25, 2009, 04:35:52 PM

Thanks...

Hey thats 15 minutes away from me.  Let me know if you take it for a test drive, bring it by my house and i'll go over it with you with a fine tooth comb.

http://www.coolrideclassiccars.com/

Welcome to the site by the way, are you a Bret Farve fan?   :icon_smile_big:

Paul
in Minnetonka
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 25, 2009, 05:59:17 PM

Thanks...

Hey thats 15 minutes away from me.  Let me know if you take it for a test drive, bring it by my house and i'll go over it with you with a fine tooth comb.

Paul
in Minnetonka

Ships Mast?  :D

Dodge Don

Not worth the asking price in that condition. I see no end of incorrect items.

The70RT

May have a stock exhaust manifold on it? No rear RT emblem. Can't make out the grill emblem. Black engine bay too  :-\ No it isn't worth that much IMO.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger440RDN

Too many flaws for that price, looks like a decent driver though.

chargergirl

It is a 70 grill. Looks like 69 front fenders...where's the chrome? Better pic of the hood? He probably thinks it is what someone told it is...like said before there's too many things off about the car. Good Lookin Car...but questionable.
Trust your Woobie!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: BIRD67 on September 25, 2009, 05:48:08 PM
Uhh, wouldn't the R/T have the door scoops and a different taillight panel? Also, it's missing the windshield wiper motor..

It does have door scoops its just hard to tell with the color/picture quality... could the tail panel be a replacement for a rusted one?  Or maybe he just likes the look of 69's and the guy whose listing knows no better... Regardless he should still look at the car and ask for cash off for the discrepancies.

firstandgoal4

Thanks for the input guys.  The car is now located in FL on consignment.  Guess I keep looking.

The70RT

Quote from: chargergirl on September 25, 2009, 07:44:44 PM
It is a 70 grill. Looks like 69 front fenders...where's the chrome? Better pic of the hood? He probably thinks it is what someone told it is...like said before there's too many things off about the car. Good Lookin Car...but questionable.

You cant put 69 fenders on a 70 and use the 70 bumper.

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 25, 2009, 07:57:08 PM

It does have door scoops its just hard to tell with the color/picture quality... could the tail panel be a replacement for a rusted one?  Or maybe he just likes the look of 69's and the guy whose listing knows no better... Regardless he should still look at the car and ask for cash off for the discrepancies.

Fiberglass scoops....not indentions. Look at my avatar.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: The70RT on September 25, 2009, 08:47:14 PM

You cant put 69 fenders on a 70 and use the 70 bumper.

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 25, 2009, 07:57:08 PM

Fiberglass scoops....not indentions. Look at my avatar.

Oh your right were talking about a 70' here! My apologies I forgot the ones on a 70 came out instead of go in like on the car in the add. Then you all are right absolutely not worth it, it wreaks of re-body.

PocketThunder

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 25, 2009, 06:01:41 PM

Thanks...

Paul
in Minnetonka

:shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 26, 2009, 07:00:56 AM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 25, 2009, 06:01:41 PM

Thanks...

Paul
in Minnetonka

:shruggy:

WHAT?! ... You've never seen it have you?  :D Your supposed to be a Mopar man  :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

I still dont know what you are talking about.   :shruggy:

model maker

Those look like 69 or 68 doors, those are 69 tailights. what does the interior look like ? what kind of seats ? :popcrn:
MODEL MAKER

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 27, 2009, 07:17:52 PM
I still dont know what you are talking about.   :shruggy:

Death Proof  :slap: Go watch it... I dont think its THAT great but everyone on here insists it is  ;)

TylerCharger69

a '70 grille wont fit 69 fenders.....just a heads up 

chargergirl

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 27, 2009, 10:20:55 PM

a '70 grille wont fit 69 fenders.....just a heads up 
Going off the side marker lights.
Trust your Woobie!