News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What CHICK FLICKS are you guys embarrased to admit to liking?

Started by ChargerBill, November 26, 2005, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The sappiest one that I actually like is Beaches. I always have the biggest knot in my throat at the end...in fact, the first time I watched it, I was actually in PAIN! :smilielol:

I agree with Telvis, I prefer movies with non-depressing endings. Why would I pay money to be depressed? I can do that all on my own, by looking at my pathetic financial status! :-\ :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RT DAVE

Home for the Holidays.  Love the scenes with the GTO Judge.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger1970

Quoteso far I have not seen 1 of the flicks listed

Same with me.

Not really a chick flick but I really like

The Princess Bride.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Spartan

Is Blazing Saddles a chick flick?! I know my wife likes the beans scene..not!

If good Will Hunting is a chick flick, it gets my vote.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Lowprofile

Hope Floats, Divine Secrets of the YA-YA Sisterhood, Fried Green Tomatoes, Kate & Leopold, City of Angels [3 Times!], Horse Wisperer, Moulon Rouge[twice]...........God, I am So Gay  :-* :icon_smile_kisses: :-* :icon_smile_kisses:

:icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove: Someone, please shoot me. :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TK73

Quote from: NHCharger on November 26, 2005, 06:35:07 PM
Does "Debbie Does Dallas" count?

Of course.  "The Devil in Miss Jones" remake is pretty damn good... :2thumbs:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

NHCharger

Steel Magnolias :scared:
Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood :eek:
Next thing you know someone will admit they like that film that has Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes dressed in drag. I can't remember the name of the film :shruggy:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Old Moparz

This is interesting because my wife can't stand watching movies. Before we got married, if I took her to a movie she'd fall asleep. Now if I rent a movie, it'll take her 3 or 4 tries to watch the whole thing, & by then I'm ready to fall asleep. By definition of a chick flick though, I suppose a few good movies would be.....

(Photos included because some will fall asleep.)

"City of Angels" with Nicolas Cage & Meg Ryan. (Meg is pretty good looking too.)

"Ghost" with Patrick Swayze & Demi Moore, (who looks much better with longer hair) & it weren't for Whoopi Goldberg being in it, I don't think I'd have liked it as much.

"The Color Purple" With Whoopi Goldberg & Danny Glover. Although Whoopi may not be eye candy, I think she's is pretty hot.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

greenpigs

Quote from: NHCharger on November 27, 2005, 08:38:39 PM
Steel Magnolias :scared:
Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood :eek:
Next thing you know someone will admit they like that film that has Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes dressed in drag. I can't remember the name of the film :shruggy:

Too Wong Phoo-sic?

I refuse to watch Blade and Dalton in drag
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

JimShine

Titanic is about the closest I can watch. Even then as I watch it I imagine all the rooms flooding and people drowning in them.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 27, 2005, 08:53:25 PM
This is interesting because my wife can't stand watching movies. Before we got married, if I took her to a movie she'd fall asleep. Now if I rent a movie, it'll take her 3 or 4 tries to watch the whole thing, & by then I'm ready to fall asleep. By definition of a chick flick though, I suppose a few good movies would be.....

"Ghost" with Patrick Swayze & Demi Moore, (who looks much better with longer hair) & it weren't for Whoopi Goldberg being in it, I don't think I'd have liked it as much.

...did any of you look at the bottom of Demi's shorts for just a little longer than you should, are was it just me?

And, I'm pretty much with Chryco, I've only seen Titanic out of all those flicks mentioned.

Spartan

I forgot Titanic.  It was a good movie.  My brother-in-law and I always joke about if we were on that boat and our wives were in a life boat, we would walk ourselves to the bar and drink our way to the bottom of the ocean, lol.

Brock Samson

I'm not sure what consititutes a "Chick Flic" several are mentioned here don't qualify as far as i'm concerned... is it anything like what consitutes a "Muscle Car"?..
Can we get a definitive definition here pls?..  ;)

Brock Samson

Damn you guys are slooooow,.   :(
Are you sure you guys own MOPARS?.

guess I'll have to do it myself..  ;D

Definitions of Chick flick on the Web:

The term chick flick is slang, sometimes slightly derisive, for a movie which is designed or considered to appeal mainly to women, and generally displaying more of a focus on romance or relationships. Many romantic comedies or films with a lots of female characters are likely to be put in this category.The converse term (that is, a film for men) is blokebuster.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_flick

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

well,.. seein as i have to like it..
hummmmm?..  ??? err,... ahh,.. does top gun count?..

71bee

:popcrn: boy, are you guys gay? did someone pull your "man cards?" I didn't know I was on the "Rainbow Warrior Charger Registry" :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

Talk to Bill..   ::)

actually i saw three flicks this weekend with the GF, all of her choosing and they were all pretty good.

In Good Company with Kevin Costner and the yummy Scarlet Johanson... about family and Corp. Takeovers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385267/

Imaginary Heros with Sigorney Weever about a severely disfunctional family cooping with a son's suicide.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373024/

Billy Elliott a BBC Production from a few years ago about a young boy who goes out for Ballet instead of Boxing against his families wishes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249462/

chick flicks, I think not,. So I can recommend them all..   ;)

Chryco Psycho

I never bothered to watch Titanic , I already knew the ending  ::)

greenpigs

Well unless you want to do everything alone ;D watching a chick flick is a necessary evil.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Shakey

Quote from: HeavyFuel on November 27, 2005, 09:39:42 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on November 27, 2005, 08:53:25 PM

...did any of you look at the bottom of Demi's shorts for just a little longer than you should, are was it just me?

And, I'm pretty much with Chryco, I've only seen Titanic out of all those flicks mentioned.

Here is one that is a bit more blatant!

Telvis

Holy Crap!!!! That's not a camel toe...it's a Moose Knuckle.  :o

69_500

Well I'll have to admit that I do watch chick flicks with my wife. She sits through the car movies, so I sit through the chick flicks.
I didn't mind the movie The last of the mohicans, or Legends of the Fall. Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail or any of the Tom Hanks movies.
I don't like any movies with Whoppie Goldberg, or Oprah in them.

all in all , some of them are okay, others are just dreadful to suffer through.