News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What CHICK FLICKS are you guys embarrased to admit to liking?

Started by ChargerBill, November 26, 2005, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

You gotta be honest...which ones have you seen and which ones did you kinda sorta like? (but wouldn't admit it to your GF or wife)

I'll start;

10 Ways to Lose a Guy - Kate Hudson is a hottie!!
Life is a highway...

Khyron

The truth about cats and dogs....

I'll go kill myself now  :icon_smile_dead:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Telvis

I hate to admit it but I like a lot of chick flicks. Most of them have a happy ending. I like movies that have a happy ending. I want to leave the theatre with a good feeling. My wife likes horror movies. I hate them. I get stuck seeing every cornfounded horror flick that comes out. We go to at least two movies each week. The best movie out right now is Walk the line. Good movie.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: NHCharger on November 26, 2005, 06:35:07 PM
Does "Debbie Does Dallas" count?

I dunno, but I think anything from the, "Where The Boys Aren't", series would.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

TruckDriver

The closest thing I even have to a chick flick is "Road House". And I love that movie :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greenpigs

I like it I don't own it, however roadhouse is in my collection.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Big Lebowski

Best chick flick i like, Braddock 4. :icon_smile_big: Seriously, i like any chick flick with an orgy. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

youve got mail

steel magnolias

when harry met sally

sleepless in seattle

any chick flick with tom hanks in it.  he is my favorite actor in any movie.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70kracken

RELEASE THE KRACKEN

BBMoparFreak

Hitch was a great movie, don't know if that counts as a "Chick Flick" but it might.
Also, drache's signature pic, oh wait, that doesn't count! :o

Shakey

Over the past 11 years Lori has asked me to watch about 15 movies in total.   Usually it's my pick.   I protest but as mentioned, have given in many times.   I always tell myself I am going to hate the movie and find myself enjoying them.

Mr. Hollands Opus

Good Will Hunting

Fresh Horses  All The Pretty Horses

Cider House Rules

There are more, but those ones come to mind.

I am going to finish watching Bullit now and then another all time classic is on, The Getaway.   The wife is sewing a pair of pants for the Daughter, I'll have another beer!

Drache

All The Pretty Horses was another one I didn't mind watching
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: twilt on November 26, 2005, 07:52:47 PM
Message in a Bottle.

Careful. Greenpigs will get on here now and say you've got the hots for Kevin Costner.

Charger Aficionado

I just got done watching one of the most romantic movies ever:  Braveheart...  Woo Hoo what a Bloodbath!

Vainglory, Esq.

Good Will Hunting is a chick flick?  Damn!  I love that movie.

Shakey

Quote from: Drache on November 26, 2005, 09:40:17 PM
All The Pretty Horses was another one I didn't mind watching

Actually Drache, that is the one I was thinking about.  I looked it up this morning on IMDB and realized I was thinking about the Molly Ringwald movie from the late '80's.  I don't think I ever saw Fresh Horses and probably never will.

chrisII

im a fan of all flicks with chicks   :) clothing optional, less is best

Shakey

Quote from: Vainglory on November 27, 2005, 05:31:41 AM
Good Will Hunting is a chick flick?   Damn!   I love that movie.

I usually put a movie in a category based on the trailer, or the commercial shown on the television when it it first scheduled to appear in theaters.  After seeing the trailer for that one, it went directly into, "I will watch that only if I am forced to by a chick" category.  As it turns out, it was a pretty good movie and yes, you are correct, not actually a chick flick!

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: chrisII on November 27, 2005, 11:01:50 AM
im a fan of all flicks with chicks     :) clothing optional, less is best

I agree & so far I have not seen 1 of the flicks listed

Sledge57

Always: I love airplanes especially A-26 Invaders so thats a no brainer

Mr. Hollands Opus: watch it close, LOTS - O - Mopars in that one.................
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

Charger_Fan

The sappiest one that I actually like is Beaches. I always have the biggest knot in my throat at the end...in fact, the first time I watched it, I was actually in PAIN! :smilielol:

I agree with Telvis, I prefer movies with non-depressing endings. Why would I pay money to be depressed? I can do that all on my own, by looking at my pathetic financial status! :-\ :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RT DAVE

Home for the Holidays.  Love the scenes with the GTO Judge.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger1970

Quoteso far I have not seen 1 of the flicks listed

Same with me.

Not really a chick flick but I really like

The Princess Bride.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Spartan

Is Blazing Saddles a chick flick?! I know my wife likes the beans scene..not!

If good Will Hunting is a chick flick, it gets my vote.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Lowprofile

Hope Floats, Divine Secrets of the YA-YA Sisterhood, Fried Green Tomatoes, Kate & Leopold, City of Angels [3 Times!], Horse Wisperer, Moulon Rouge[twice]...........God, I am So Gay  :-* :icon_smile_kisses: :-* :icon_smile_kisses:

:icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove: Someone, please shoot me. :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TK73

Quote from: NHCharger on November 26, 2005, 06:35:07 PM
Does "Debbie Does Dallas" count?

Of course.  "The Devil in Miss Jones" remake is pretty damn good... :2thumbs:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

NHCharger

Steel Magnolias :scared:
Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood :eek:
Next thing you know someone will admit they like that film that has Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes dressed in drag. I can't remember the name of the film :shruggy:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Old Moparz

This is interesting because my wife can't stand watching movies. Before we got married, if I took her to a movie she'd fall asleep. Now if I rent a movie, it'll take her 3 or 4 tries to watch the whole thing, & by then I'm ready to fall asleep. By definition of a chick flick though, I suppose a few good movies would be.....

(Photos included because some will fall asleep.)

"City of Angels" with Nicolas Cage & Meg Ryan. (Meg is pretty good looking too.)

"Ghost" with Patrick Swayze & Demi Moore, (who looks much better with longer hair) & it weren't for Whoopi Goldberg being in it, I don't think I'd have liked it as much.

"The Color Purple" With Whoopi Goldberg & Danny Glover. Although Whoopi may not be eye candy, I think she's is pretty hot.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

greenpigs

Quote from: NHCharger on November 27, 2005, 08:38:39 PM
Steel Magnolias :scared:
Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood :eek:
Next thing you know someone will admit they like that film that has Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes dressed in drag. I can't remember the name of the film :shruggy:

Too Wong Phoo-sic?

I refuse to watch Blade and Dalton in drag
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

JimShine

Titanic is about the closest I can watch. Even then as I watch it I imagine all the rooms flooding and people drowning in them.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 27, 2005, 08:53:25 PM
This is interesting because my wife can't stand watching movies. Before we got married, if I took her to a movie she'd fall asleep. Now if I rent a movie, it'll take her 3 or 4 tries to watch the whole thing, & by then I'm ready to fall asleep. By definition of a chick flick though, I suppose a few good movies would be.....

"Ghost" with Patrick Swayze & Demi Moore, (who looks much better with longer hair) & it weren't for Whoopi Goldberg being in it, I don't think I'd have liked it as much.

...did any of you look at the bottom of Demi's shorts for just a little longer than you should, are was it just me?

And, I'm pretty much with Chryco, I've only seen Titanic out of all those flicks mentioned.

Spartan

I forgot Titanic.  It was a good movie.  My brother-in-law and I always joke about if we were on that boat and our wives were in a life boat, we would walk ourselves to the bar and drink our way to the bottom of the ocean, lol.

Brock Samson

I'm not sure what consititutes a "Chick Flic" several are mentioned here don't qualify as far as i'm concerned... is it anything like what consitutes a "Muscle Car"?..
Can we get a definitive definition here pls?..  ;)

Brock Samson

Damn you guys are slooooow,.   :(
Are you sure you guys own MOPARS?.

guess I'll have to do it myself..  ;D

Definitions of Chick flick on the Web:

The term chick flick is slang, sometimes slightly derisive, for a movie which is designed or considered to appeal mainly to women, and generally displaying more of a focus on romance or relationships. Many romantic comedies or films with a lots of female characters are likely to be put in this category.The converse term (that is, a film for men) is blokebuster.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_flick

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

well,.. seein as i have to like it..
hummmmm?..  ??? err,... ahh,.. does top gun count?..

71bee

:popcrn: boy, are you guys gay? did someone pull your "man cards?" I didn't know I was on the "Rainbow Warrior Charger Registry" :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

Talk to Bill..   ::)

actually i saw three flicks this weekend with the GF, all of her choosing and they were all pretty good.

In Good Company with Kevin Costner and the yummy Scarlet Johanson... about family and Corp. Takeovers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385267/

Imaginary Heros with Sigorney Weever about a severely disfunctional family cooping with a son's suicide.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373024/

Billy Elliott a BBC Production from a few years ago about a young boy who goes out for Ballet instead of Boxing against his families wishes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249462/

chick flicks, I think not,. So I can recommend them all..   ;)

Chryco Psycho

I never bothered to watch Titanic , I already knew the ending  ::)

greenpigs

Well unless you want to do everything alone ;D watching a chick flick is a necessary evil.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Shakey

Quote from: HeavyFuel on November 27, 2005, 09:39:42 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on November 27, 2005, 08:53:25 PM

...did any of you look at the bottom of Demi's shorts for just a little longer than you should, are was it just me?

And, I'm pretty much with Chryco, I've only seen Titanic out of all those flicks mentioned.

Here is one that is a bit more blatant!

Telvis

Holy Crap!!!! That's not a camel toe...it's a Moose Knuckle.  :o

69_500

Well I'll have to admit that I do watch chick flicks with my wife. She sits through the car movies, so I sit through the chick flicks.
I didn't mind the movie The last of the mohicans, or Legends of the Fall. Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail or any of the Tom Hanks movies.
I don't like any movies with Whoppie Goldberg, or Oprah in them.

all in all , some of them are okay, others are just dreadful to suffer through.

Charger_Fan

Even though at the endings, they guy rides off into the sunset with the girls, I don't really consider Legends of the fall & the Mohican's as chick flicks...plenty of blood & guts in there to make me happy. :icon_smile_big:

Ghost is pretty good & City of Angels is great!

Although this isn't necessarily a chick flick, it could always be construed as one & is also highly reccommended by me. ;D

Oh & I absolutely refused to watch that Wong-Pooh flick too. :sick:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chryco Psycho

is The Witches of Eastwick a chick flick ??? I have seen that , Jack was hilarious

andy74

when we were still dating, my wife had me watch"the craft",bunch of hot chicks that are teenage witches,does that count?i kinda liked it

SirNik73

Telvis Hit the nail on the head about the best Movie out there today. I've seen Walk The Line 3 times now and i never go to the theater, so thats saying a lot.

My favorite chick flicks are Jerry Maguire, 10 Things I hate About You, Cruel Intentions, and Chasing Amy.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Orange_Crush

Y'know...

I've admitted to having my back waxed.

I've admitted to shaving my balls on a fairly regular basis

I've admitted to counting several gay men among my closest friends.

But not even I would admit this...

Quote"The Color Purple" With Whoopi Goldberg & Danny Glover. Although Whoopi may not be eye candy, I think she's is pretty hot. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 28, 2005, 04:14:55 PM
Y'know...

Quote"The Color Purple" With Whoopi Goldberg & Danny Glover. Although Whoopi may not be eye candy, I think she's is pretty hot.  

I hear ya man...but I bet you would admit to shaving your gay friends' balls.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

4402tuff4u

"As good as it gets" with Jack Nicholson
"Indecent Proposal" with Demi Moore, Robert Redford
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch on November 28, 2005, 04:40:35 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 28, 2005, 04:14:55 PM
Y'know...

I hear ya man...but I bet you would admit to shaving your gay friends' balls.

I'd definitely spend the night with Whoopi before I'd ever shave.......

........I'm not even going to type it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Wakko

Great thread.  :)  I loved the Notebook too, great flick.  Titanic is one of my favorites both for the story and for the historical aspect.  I love shipwrecks and researched the Titanic prior to it hitting the movies.

Mr. Destiny is a classic
League of Their Own is not really a CF, but a good one nonetheless.
Bewitched was funny too.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

nh_mopar_fan

Jerry McGuire

A Walk in the Clouds, mainly because Aitana Sánchez-Gijón was in it.

topduarte

Not a movie but enjoyed "Sex in the City" while traveling in my past job.  We did not have HBO at home so on the road at hotels, they had HBO.

Now, here is my man card!!! :-\

Crap, I am depressed now that I admitted it.

Wife knows I like Sex and the City!!

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Charger1970 on November 27, 2005, 06:29:17 PM
Quoteso far I have not seen 1 of the flicks listed
Not really a chick flick but I really like
The Princess Bride
Broads go NUTTY over princess bride...
Quote from: Spartan on November 27, 2005, 07:07:22 PM
Is Blazing Saddles a chick flick?! I know my wife likes the beans scene..not!
Well, I'd say you've had about enough.

1968 Charger B5

She's The One
Save the Last Dance
An Affair to Remember

some more but im already embarrassed
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Dale The Bold

What the heck, I'll admit I've seen To Wong Foo, and I liked it.  It's the perfect movie to showcase the actors' flexibility.  The whole time, I was fascinated that Wesley Snipes agreed to this (especially being such a picky "macho" guy).  Sure, Wesley, you can't reprise your role as Willie Mays Hayes for Major League II, but you've got no problem playing a drag queen.

Titanic (Is this a chick flick?)
Bring It On
Center Stage
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

69_500

What I can't believe is how long this thread actually has been going on. Seems there is a lot of chick flick watching and not enough working on cars going on here.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 69_500 on November 30, 2005, 03:40:31 PM
What I can't believe is how long this thread actually has been going on. Seems there is a lot of chick flick watching and not enough working on cars going on here.

I've got no heat in the garage, so I'll gladly sit through a few faggy movies instead of freezing my nuts off.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hemihead

The only one I liked was Serendipity,at least it had a idea to ponder.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Chryco Psycho