News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers going abroad

Started by ChargerST, September 26, 2009, 07:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Quote from: bull on September 26, 2009, 11:35:44 PM
We all live on the same planet here; they're not shipping them to Mars.

:scratchchin:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: G-man on September 26, 2009, 11:42:13 PM

Theres a lot of space to drive on mars  :scratchchin:

Aussiemadonmopars

Also, I feel some pride knowing that people from other countries are getting excited about something we created here in the USA. I don't know that we can do that kind of thing much anymore.

It was a great day in Australian automotive history when the GM Holden brand started exporting Monaro's stateside, albeit re-badged as Pontiac GTO's.   :yesnod:  Wow, the americans actually like something we made. Go figure??  :shruggy: 

six-tee-nine

Few may know, but I also am one of the foreing oversea guys here (Belgium).

Trust me we pay our muscle cars, or the resto parts for them, top dollar so it's not just something you buy with the idea of "hey lets buy a vitage muscle car and beat the snot out of it..."
And for what i have in the charger right now i can buy a vintage Porsche 911 in a much better condition and find one in less than an hour in every direction from me. but what if I just like the exotic cars better?

I think it's just sad that some times people can't put away their political ideas... When i hang around at car forums i think about cars, gears, tires, engines.....I'm not even thinking about nude women let alone politics. (That about those nude women is only true if I stay real focused on the cars thing)....

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

aussie daytona

well i guess im one of these foreigners who now own a piece of mopar muscle from the home country,but ive had nothing but help and positive comments from the guys on this site...on the other hand ive sold a rare aussie mopar(wayfarer ute) to a nice american guy and a vintage porsche to a guy in astonia...so we are really a big family us car nuts... :shruggy:

LUMI

well we who live in Finland must import our cars because there is only on assembly plant in whole Finland and it makes Porsche Boxsters and Caymans now
it woud not be cool that everyone here would drive Porsches :rofl:
that plant will start making Fisker Karmas in the future and i think they will be shipped overseas as well  :yesnod:
http://karma.fiskerautomotive.com/pages/karma
http://www.valmet-automotive.com/automotive/cms.nsf/pages/indexeng

LeadfootBob

Most of the iron that gets shipped over today gets a serious restoration, especially the mopars... It's like the guys over at turbobricks (old school Volvo forum, predominantely US members), you don't buy a 30 year old Volvo in the states and expect to drive it without some work, do you? It takes serious love/determination to scrounge the parts and piece them together... But i repeat myself from the previous thread.
Besides...
If you keep bombing us with your movies/culture/ideals, what kind of reaction did you expect in the end?  Reap what you sow!  :slap: :nana: :smilielol:

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 26, 2009, 11:45:05 PM

Theres a lot of space to drive on mars  :scratchchin:
What a concept: we terraform mars, turn it into a giant race track and ship all the gearheads over there. Environmentalists happy, gearheads happy, everybody win!   :smilielol:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Aussiemadonmopars

What a concept: we terraform mars, turn it into a giant race track and ship all the gearheads over there. Environmentalists happy, gearheads happy, everybody win!   :smilielol:
[/quote]

Haven't you guys heard, that's where Sublime69 went to. He's an expert in terraformisation. You ask me which planet this guy is on, well there's your answer.  :lol:

Mike DC

I basically think that a Charger going overseas is just like if it's going to a particularly faraway state of the USA.  Ebay largely levels the connections factor so it's not like they can't get sold back.

IMHO the average foreign owners tend to restore & treat the cars at least as well as the average american owner if not better.

greenpigs

As stated in other threads we are jurt caretakers of the Chargers. Someone with a true passion for their car is what will keep them around 100 years from now. Part of being American is doing/buying what you want,legaly. If the person will pay let them play.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 27, 2009, 03:33:47 AM
When i hang around at car forums i think about cars, gears, tires, engines.....I'm not even thinking about nude women let alone politics. (That about those nude women is only true if I stay real focused on the cars thing)....

I'm glad you qualified that last statement because that pops into my mind quite frequently, even at car shows (sorry ladies).

Old Moparz

But wait, there's more: It's not as if these cars are gone forever and scrapped immediately upon arrival overseas. Sometimes they are sold by foreigners and returned to the states. We all live on the same planet here; they're not shipping them to Mars. Also, I feel some pride knowing that people from other countries are getting excited about something we created here in the USA. I don't know that we can do that kind of thing much anymore.

What about Brock?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

tan top

Quote from: bull on September 26, 2009, 11:21:18 PM
Wow! How did I miss that thread? I've always wondered what happened to that guy. I guess now I know.

As far selling/shipping Chargers overseas; as far as I know no one in a foreign country has ever painted one orange and jumped it to its death while a bunch of idiot rednecks cheered it on. So yea, send them all overseas if they know how to treat them right.

yeah just what i was thinking Bull  :yesnod:  i missed all this ,  whats going on ,  no need for all this crap ,  well we  all have a comon intrest , in Chargers &  mopar who makes the baddest of the bad  muscle cars  :yesnod:  can't well all just get along .    :grouphug: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69bronzeT5

Just a note, I seem to notice most of the Mopars being sold nowadays are going overseas. I was looking at a T5 '69 Superbee project at a Mopar show here back in July that was for sale and I found out it was sold and headed off to Vientiane, Laos.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ChargerST

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 27, 2009, 11:25:20 AM
Just a note, I seem to notice most of the Mopars being sold nowadays are going overseas. I was looking at a T5 '69 Superbee project at a Mopar show here back in July that was for sale and I found out it was sold and headed off to Vientiane, Laos.

Vientiane? haha nice, I just came back from there. The Superbee will definately stand out in the Toyota crowd there  :coolgleamA:

Jon Smith

Quote from: G-man on September 26, 2009, 11:42:13 PM

we need a "chargers going to mars" thread to sort this issue out...

I was reading the guy on the other threads comments about us having no history of those cars...

my 72 rallye has been in the UK almost from new...it has no history in the US

bull

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 27, 2009, 11:25:20 AM

It's quite possible. It's a simple formula to figure out why. The US economy goes in the tank and Joe Blow the muscle car owner looses his job and is overleveraged financially and suddenly discovers he has to choose between paying the mortgage and keeping his '69 Camaro. So he asks his buddy Bob Smith if he wants to buy it but Bob is out of work too and is trying to sell his peanut butter jar collection so he can keep his Escalade. So Joe puts an ad on craigslist and discovers that all the white guys within 200 miles of him are willing to buy it but only for half what he thinks it's worth. So he sticks it on Ebay hoping Jay Leno will buy it but some brown dude from another country where the economy is not bad buys it and the next thing he knows the '69 Camaro that's spent its entire existence within 30 miles of Anytown, USA is on a ship bound for some country he can't pronounce or even find on a map.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

they are pretty out there,.. the drummer is getting alot of praise for his energy... kinda' a Mitch Mitchell on crank..
http://www.killrockstars.com/artists/viewartist.php?aname=Hella

TylerCharger69

Personally....i see nothing wrong about Chargers going to other countries.....If someone is going to take care of it....then who cares where it goes??  Let our domestic cars be someone else's imports for a change!!!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 27, 2009, 10:25:38 PM
Personally....i see nothing wrong about Chargers going to other countries.....If someone is going to take care of it....then who cares where it goes??  Let our domestic cars be someone else's imports for a change!!!

Call them "exotics" so it catches on... "Imports" makes me think of Honda Civics with coffee cans  :smilielol:

bordin34

I sold my old 74 318 SE to a guy in Croatia.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Jon Smith

oh yeah... the Al Eckstrand lawman charger which he raced in the UK when it was new, and then spent years fairly local to me...
the daytona that a well known member of this site(whos name escapes me :lol:) has recently bought...
a plum crazy hemi challenger that was local to me...
loads more...

have all gone back to the US taking our history with them...

why I oughtta...  :RantExplode: :lol:

JMF

I'm from London, England and there's quite a few nice Mopars over here, the good thing is that as they are relatively few and far between over here most of them are well looked after and have been restored or are getting restored, although a lot of the £20k+ cars that come up for sale over here are heading to Sweden and Norway and places like that, they seem to be the ones with the money nowadays