News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers going abroad

Started by ChargerST, September 26, 2009, 07:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

Just read the thread about that 70 Charger from Finland. Was wondering what u guys think about Chargers being sold and exported to other countries. Do you see them as "ambassadors" of the American way of life and like it to see them run on the streets of of Europe, Australia eg.? Or should they stay where they were sold in the first place (US and Canada)?

No judging here jst wondering.

1969chargerrtse

Were one big global world so I have no issue with it. I think the hobby is slowing down so a few over seas probably won't hurt ones chance to locate one here.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69bronzeT5

The last time this topic came up, a huge fight occurred and I ended up getting rude PM's from the member who started the fight. My opinion on the topic is, I have no problems with our Mopars going to other countries. They have the right to deserve these kick-ass cars as much as we do.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ChargerST

When I was looking for my Charger I found several for sale ads where the sellers refused to sell to foreigners. The seller of my R/T was totally different - he held the car for me without a deposit for almost a week so that I could book a flight (I'm from Europe) - He just wanted to know if it really is the car that I want :)

Charger440RDN

As long as they take care of them and preserve them, I don't have a problem. On the flip side look at how many american's buy and collect foreign sports cars such as classic ferrari's etc, do Italians get mad when they see those cars on american roads?  :shruggy:

elanmars

I think it's great!!! plus a lot of people forget that in some countries, they had Chargers too!! Venezuela is one example and we have quite a few members from my home country, specially Nacho who is quite valuable with information.

Plus I rather a Charger to another country where someone is going to keep it running/restore it/treat it like it should be, unlike the countless jerks here in this country who leave a lot of them to rot. I do have issue with that, like the idiot around here who thinks his 318 72 Cuda, unsaveable at this point, really, which is rotting and with trees growing in it is worth 20K. Has had plenty of people before and after try to buy it and he won't budge.

Mopar killer!!!  :RantExplode:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Aussiemadonmopars

Well if AMD made whole new body shells we wouldn't have to steal them away.   :nana:
Just consider them on loan until someone buys them back , kinda like the Aussie Daytona (which was butchered into a right hand drive car). My 69 Charger is LHD and will always stay that way for just such purposes.  :cheers:

Charger440RDN

I think it's great that people in foreign countries covet american muscle. Remember back in the 50's & 60's a lot of the British, Germans and Italian's turned their noses up at american muscle cars, as being crude and unrefined junk or inferior compared to their own sports cars. Now lot's of people over there love this old crude and unrefined american junk. American muscle is unique THEY SEE THE LIGHT :lol:

Brock Samson

:rant: I think it's terrible that people with no history or appreciation for american muscle can just come over here and buy up our american muscle cars!  :RantExplode: They have a lot of nerve!  :nana:
where is that thread anyhow?.  :popcrn:

ok I found it...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59798.20.html

sublime69 ain't been back since...  :shruggy:

Aussiemadonmopars

Hey!!! get your hands of our Mad Max Coupes!!!!     :nana: 
Oh hang on a minute... Ford .... It's American..... Ok just 1 or 2 then.....

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: and you damn Austrians! stealing our 71 Mustang!!  :RantExplode:

Aussiemadonmopars

Carefull.... The governator is Austrian.....  :smilielol:

Blown70

Well, some of them have been or are just as passionate about the hobbie as we are (in the US).  I say any care repaired fixed and driven is good....  :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

as long as someone can take care of one and afford one I don't see a problem with it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

b5blue

Every one that leaves means mine/ours are worth more $$$$$ Every one Duked and jumped same thing, it isn't "good" or "bad" and can't be stopped.  :Twocents:

RD

let them go... any charger saved is a credit to the owner and their love of the car.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

G-man

I dont see any problem in having 1 in australia  :D

I do however think if the people that own more than 1 stopped being greedy there would be more to go around American roads as you cant drive 2 at the same time and 1 is enough.

suntech

I am one of the overseas guys that stole a Charger off sublime 69  :D

i specially loved this quote from him:

I guess it's only cool for people in Europe to act like they're Americans. You'll never have the history, heritage, or knowledge about how it was when these cars were abundant. Keep laughing with your english accent, funny when that car ends up in the bottom of the atlantic on it's way to get shipped elsewhere. Containers slide ya know.... Go back to chatting on the internet about your cars. I've got work to do.

Assuming he is not a native american, he probably has european or african forfathers  :shruggy:

Anyways, i am not a filthy rich collector...........i have putted 5000 miles on my 68 this summer (and probably 6000 miles on the rear wheels)  :D , and LOVED every single mile!!

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Aussiemadonmopars

Quote from: G-man on September 26, 2009, 06:12:22 PM
I dont see any problem in having 1 in australia  :D

I do however think if the people that own more than 1 stopped being greedy there would be more to go around American roads as you cant drive 2 at the same time and 1 is enough.

Does that mean all of us have to share the 1 car or can we have one each. There's only 23 million of us.

Our second car is an A body convertible.   :nana:  It was going to waste sitting in New York state, it's like raining all the time there.  :shruggy:  But A bodies don't count right? Nobody likes A bodies....  :lol:

Regards,
Aussiemopars.
Member of "For A Bodies Only" forum.

b5blue

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 26, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
  :rant: I think it's terrible that people with no history or appreciation for american muscle can just come over here and buy up our american muscle cars!  :RantExplode: They have a lot of nerve!  :nana:
where is that thread anyhow?.  :popcrn:

ok I found it...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59798.20.html

sublime69 ain't been back since...  :shruggy:

I think he got banned

"« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2009, 03:16:33 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it.  Put what ever label on it you want, but as long as I am a mod here I will not stand for someone bashing another member.

I removed your last nasty comment and I'll do it again. This is a place for like interests. NOT a place to come and bash everyone that doesn't fit your criteria. You have an opinion and you posted it. Great. Now you know there is not one other member in this family that shares your opinion. There is no room here for the BS you just posted, so as far as I am concerned you have been handed your hat. If you have a problem with that you can PM me.

Have a nice day."

bull

Wow! How did I miss that thread? I've always wondered what happened to that guy. I guess now I know.

As far selling/shipping Chargers overseas; as far as I know no one in a foreign country has ever painted one orange and jumped it to its death while a bunch of idiot rednecks cheered it on. So yea, send them all overseas if they know how to treat them right.

Ghoste

bull

But wait, there's more: It's not as if these cars are gone forever and scrapped immediately upon arrival overseas. Sometimes they are sold by foreigners and returned to the states. We all live on the same planet here; they're not shipping them to Mars. Also, I feel some pride knowing that people from other countries are getting excited about something we created here in the USA. I don't know that we can do that kind of thing much anymore.