News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers going abroad

Started by ChargerST, September 26, 2009, 07:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Ya
know what I find interesting is that the same few countries seem to be getting most of the cars or, are at least well represented by Site members,.. so many cars in the netherlands, sweden, norway and denmark none from germany or france while just a few from england, meanwhile a bunch from austria dispite their expensive and difficult left hand drive requirements...  :shruggy:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ChargerST

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 28, 2009, 10:04:28 AM
Ya
know what I find interesting is that the same few countries seem to be getting most of the cars or, are at least well represented by Site members,.. so many cars in the netherlands, sweden, norway and denmark none from germany or france while just a few from england, meanwhile a bunch from austria dispite their expensive and difficult left hand drive requirements...  :shruggy:

In Austria we drive on the right side of the road..unlike Australia ;) and there is at least one member from Germany (he owns a black 68 Charger - username is RDR838). It seems that B-body cars are more popular in Germany whereas Swiss people seem to prefer E-bodies.

Jon Smith

lots in germany and france....but I guess they're not owned by members here..

suntech

I think some of the reasons for the amount of cars going over here (Europe) , is how the exhange rate has been last few years, in combination with ebay, that has made the world a lot smaller. Last time the USD had a similar dive against europeean currancy was in the late eithtys, but without internet, it did not have the same effect. People were not travelling as they do now, so the chance of stumbeling over your dreamcar by coincidence was slim to none, compared to now.

Another thing is that with the growing populariy of these cars, with a lot of tv shows etc, many people are thinking: Hey that looks like fun, and these guys did it in a week, i chould be able to do this in at least a year!!! Not having a clue of what they are in for, both time and moneywise. These cars will eventually be up for sale, when they are running out of enthusiasm and money. Then, with the way the economy has turned out in the US, with a lot of people loosing their jobs, makes even more of them up for sale, with less potentional US buyers, so european buyers has a better chance of getting hold of their dreamcar.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Marck

This thread is actually pretty interesting to me, since I have wondered about this topic a few times since i bought my charger from Ca. Every once in a while cruising the forums I get the impression that a small group is bothered by the fact that chargers (or any kind of American classics) are leaving the US.

I'm really happy that this thread have proven to me, that I was right about it only being a small group that was bothered about it, and that the majority support the hobby despite geography.

I don't know the exact numbers, but by my best gestimation, I would say, that we have about 20 b-body chargers in Denmark, only a handful of a-bodys, and I have no clue regarding c-bodys, but would guess around 20 also.. Population is 6 million in Denmark..

Chargerfreak

Hello, Chris from The Netherlands here.

I own my '68 Charger almost 8 years now and love it!! The Mopar-scene is pretty big if you ask me over here. Check sites as www.charger.nl and www.mopar.nl to see our cars and builds

Very wild and beautiful cars and engines are being built here. Don't worry about neglected Mopars here, it won't happen they just all are taken well care off.

I'm wanting a 440 in it now and it's gonna cost me about every penny i have :icon_smile_blackeye:

I like and want to go the "car craft 440" way, it's in the proven engine combo section.

If you'd like to see my car go to www.charger.nl then to the button 1968 and then scroll down to "chris van der Slot"

Greets,
Chris.

ozziemoparnut

I look at it this way if someone is willing spend the amount of money a good example of any mopar commands these days and then to go through all the drama of purchasing/importing a 41 yr old car from outside there own country and then jump through whatever hoops the destination country government has eg. bend over we are going to have our way with you tax (aka import tax), registration requirements of a vehicle of that age (which may mean a RHD conversion) blah blah then there has gotta be some love for that given car  :2thumbs: and I cannot see why they would then just go and let go to waste    :Twocents: 

CB

Quote from: Jon Smith on September 28, 2009, 11:48:37 AM
lots in germany and france....but I guess they're not owned by members here..

:iagree:

The German and French have their own Forum and don't post much on the US forum(s).
There is a big Mopar scene in France and Germany :yesnod:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

I'm gonna guess then it's a french/german MOPAR site and not a specific Charger Site... gotta link?..

ChargerST

41husk

I would sell my cars to some one from another country.  If I have them for sale I must really need the money or I am looking to buy some other Mopar Muscle.  I would not sell it to some one who told me they were cutting it up parting it out are doing some wild transformation, but what they do with or were they take it after they have purchased it from me is up to them.  I can only hope if any of my cars are sold the buyer appreciates and enjoy them as much as me. :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Belgium R/T -68

I remember in the -70's in Sweden when US cars were massimported due to the oilcrisis, I guess that started the growth of the hobby
overhere. Personally I think it's nice to see something made in your homecountry when you are abroad, makes you kind of proud if it's something
to show ofcourse. :lol: Although I have to admit that when I was young I hated when all the best hockeyplayers went over to play in the NHL
and couldn't play in the national team anymoore. :icon_smile_angry:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker