News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No fluid in the line

Started by DREDILSKI, September 23, 2009, 08:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DREDILSKI

I have been trying to fix my brake line myself and ran into something that looks weird to me.  I have already changed my master cylinder based on my father's recommendation. As I bleed the brake lines to insure that no air is in the line, I find a weird happening in the right rear. I go to bleed it and nothing comes out. I tried to explain to my pops that I had a feeling it was the line, but as they say, father knows best huh. just looking for a second opinion before I spend the cash on a replacement line. O yeah, I check the left rear and the fluid came out fine.
Thanks for any help I can get.

DRE
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Back N Black

Open the bleeder and see if it will gravity bleed, i had the same happen to me awhile back. I open the bleeder screw and came back an hour later and there was fluid in the drain pan,bleed fine after that.

DREDILSKI

Gravity bleed.... how? Do I just leave it open and eventually something may come out?
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Chryco Psycho

the weight of the fluid will push down with gravity & fill the system

70 500

that or continualy have someone help you bleed the old "up down" technique way. or you can buy a compressed air tool that creates a vacuum and pulls the air down to the caliper or cylinder, i just got one from snap on that way you can bleed brakes by yourself. very handy in the shop :2thumbs:
hold my beer, this is gonna be fun

John_Kunkel

I would completely remove the bleeder screw and make sure the small holes in the screw and the wheel cylinder aren't rusted shut.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

DREDILSKI

Thanks alot guys.   :2thumbs:    A family friend also told me to check to the valve where the two rear lines split and go to each wheel. I going to try all of these suggestions before I go shell out the money to buy the new. Thanks again
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE