News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever go out to the garage...

Started by charger_cody, September 24, 2009, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

To work on your charger or other cars you may have, and go in to the house and feel like you didnt get anything done?

Cody

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Blown70

Quote from: charger_cody on September 24, 2009, 07:29:52 PM
To work on your charger or other cars you may have, and go in to the house and feel like you didnt get anything done?

Cody

haha yep, better yet you go out to fix and/or get something done ONLY to create more work or find another task to do which requires even more work....... :icon_smile_blackeye:

moparstuart

no but i go check on them and say good night , and just admire them and cant believe there mine    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah, I visit my Mopars in the garage before bed. I Luv me Mopars. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Silver R/T

that's how it is. Day is just not long enough to do everything planned.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jaak

Yep, have those days....also have days when nothing is just not going right, have to quit. Then you have those 'rewarding' days, where you feel like you have accomplished a whole lot.

It just part of the hobby.

Jason

oldrock

Sure it happens but that is why I got a good shoplight and a habit of staying up really late  :icon_smile_big:

I make it a rule to get something productive done each time I am out there. Sometimes it is is just little things and sometimes it is more productive but its all good. My wife thinks I am crazy but I honestly find working on muscle cars very stress relieving.

68X426

Quote from: charger_cody on September 24, 2009, 07:29:52 PM

Cody

If you are on the computer talking to the forum then, yes, you didn't get anything done! :D  :pity:

Seriously, yeah, more often than I should admit.

The feeling goes away when the wife makes me sleep with my Hemi. Then I feel like I really have accomplished something. :icon_smile_wink:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Back N Black

Yep, but having the beer fridge in the garage might have something to do with it.   :coolgleamA:

Hemidog

I have had plenty of days that I felt I've done more harm than good!

tan top

nope , but when was doing the nut & bolt resto on mine , would just stand & look at my charger  in the evening , after working for 9 hours during the day on customers cars & think  oh no  :brickwall: , then work on my own car for amother 3 hours in the evenings  during the week ... :icon_smile_blackeye:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: tan top on September 25, 2009, 06:50:53 AM:lol: :lol:
nope , but when was doing the nut & bolt resto on mine , would just stand & look at my charger  in the evening , after working for 9 hours during the day on customers cars & think  oh no  :brickwall: , then work on my own car for amother 3 hours in the evenings during the week ... :icon_smile_blackeye:

That is exactly why i got out of the automotive repair business.  I would work on cars all day long, go home, pull my car in the garage and sit there on a bucket and just look at it.  Now i have a desk job and when i get home i have a ton of energy to work on my car.  But, being married with 3 little kids sucks the life out of me just as fast though..!  hahaha  :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dodgecharger-fan

Sometimes I go out there to do some work. look at what I'll have to do to just make room to work, and just walk back in to the house.  :-\  :rotz:

charger_cody

Ya haha. I go out and look and turn around haha. Sometimes i go out there and get all gitty inside cause i actually own a charger. Then on the other hand i never get anything done because if i do something without my dad he gets mad. Haha.

Cody

bamadukefan02

I don't have a Mopar but I do go out to the garage to get a little piece and quiet, man kids are louder than they were when I was 8, or to avoid some project the wife has for me.

LeadfootBob

Yes, constantly. The worst of all though is having your daily driver crap out on a week day and you just have to get it running before work... Then you WISH you could just go do nothing to the charger and get back in the house  :smilielol:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Todd Wilson

Quote from: moparstuart on September 24, 2009, 10:16:43 PM
no but i go check on them and say good night , and just admire them and cant believe there mine    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  

HAHA!  Me too!

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Back N Black on September 25, 2009, 05:35:51 AM
Yep, but having the beer fridge in the garage might have something to do with it.   :coolgleamA:

HAHA!   Yup!   But sometimes its good to drink beer around the old iron!

Todd

mopar73

There are times when I'm able to work on the beast for several days in a row for alot of hours and then I can't get out to  touch it again for three weeks :flame:  Family and life can sometimes play funny tricks on the schedule :icon_smile_big: but I wouldn't trade the family for the car though, so it just takes longer and is a reason to consume more beer in planning

Ghoste

There are some days when it doesn't feel like I made progress but there are others where I get more accomplished than I planned.  It all works out sooner orlater.

Road Dog

Quote from: Ghoste on September 25, 2009, 04:51:47 PM
There are some days when it doesn't feel like I made progress but there are others where I get more accomplished than I planned.  It all works out sooner orlater.
Yes,.............Wait a minute I don't even have a garage. :smilielol:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

chargergirl

I have actually heard Mark say he's going out to have a beer with the Belvedere. As he says, "There are times you just need to talk to your car". He goes in, turns the tunes on, pops a beer (Molson), and just gets some hang time with the race car. It's cool I join him later to talk to her and have a beer as well. She's at his friends house so they can both work on her...all the last detail stuff you need to do before she hits the track.
Trust your Woobie!

The70RT

Yeah......most the summer. :brickwall: I didn't get crap done. I have been in pain all year and when I get home from work most days I'm done  :P I go in for surgery next month then after that 6-8 weeks of recovery. I will be bored to death at home and wont be able to do much of anything.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargergirl

Mark had an engine in the laundry room so he could work on it after his surgery...nope. Small projects might be better rebuild...tinker with stuff. Good luck in the surgery and may all go VERY well for you.
Trust your Woobie!