News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a Chargermino?!.

Started by Brock Samson, September 22, 2009, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

all of which was begat by...  :icon_smile_wink:

http://picasaweb.google.com/the.masked.avenger401/ChargerClubOfVictoria#

i see after exploring the site it's a Valiant VK Ute

Magnumcharger

Well, I guess if it wasn't already called a "UTE" by the Aussies, then El Chargermino (or Chargaro) might do!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Brock Samson

"Elramchargo"?.. cool site in anycase... lots of fun pics!  :yesnod:

aussiemuscle

Actually, it's a Chrysler Valiant Wayfarer. Most Valiant's from 65-78 had a ute configuration as well as station wagon. i've never owned a ute, only sedans.
When they were designing the Valiant Charger (1971), they used a ute as a test bed. aparently it's handling was scary, even to the veteran race driver they had testing it, pete geohagen (sp?).

PocketThunder

why are Utes so popular in Australia?  why didn't everyone just use trucks?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 23, 2009, 10:21:14 AM
why are Utes so popular in Australia?  why didn't everyone just use trucks?   :shruggy:

They are a icon to us over here a work horse and part of our heritage, we don't get alot on of your trucks imported over here and the ones that are cost up over 100K+ aud to buy and way to big to park  :smilielol:

aussiemuscle

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 23, 2009, 10:21:14 AM
why are Utes so popular in Australia?  why didn't everyone just use trucks?   :shruggy:
i have a ute. i got it because sedans are useless when you want to carry stuff, wagons are too 'soccer mom' looking and the ute has rear wheel drive and looks like the sedan counter-part. easy to park, drive and cheaper rego than a truck (same as sedan). sure i can only carry one passenger, but who wants witnesses anyway. :angel: i drive a Ford nowadays

Ford Falcon BF2 XR8 (Boss 5.4 ltr v8, 6 speed semi-auto) with factory tonneau and sports bar.
i used to own a Valiant Charger. it was nappy brown. i repainted it red with a white starsky stripe!! :scratchchin:

Brock Samson

71_Charger_R/T

Now this is a "Chargermino" or as we called it the "Charge-up"  (Charger/pick-up)