News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cross Ram vs. 6 Pack

Started by Lightning, November 26, 2005, 01:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

whenever I get my hands on a B-body I was wondering, which would be better: a Cross Ram or a 6 Pack setup (RB or LA engines)?

and could it be possible to do a Cross Ram-style maniflold for a stroker 360?

I'm just thinking of what exotic-style manifold would be better performance wise, and not just for drag racing!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

cudaken

Cost would around the same, no I take that back. Intake was $1400 and that is bare. I would guess linkage is another $250.00 and then the carbs.

I have never seen a cross ram for a LA motor but I am sure there is one some where.

On street maners I would say the 6-Pack would be better. When I had the cross ram it was on a Maxie wedge with huge ports, 11.5 to 1, 628 lift cam and deep gears. Was a little doggie till 3800 RPM's then she started to make power. Use to spin her to 7000 RPM's.

Far as flash I take the cross ram.

Cuda Ken

PS, I think the SCCA, AAR Races cars ran cross rams like the Z-28's.
I am back

Ghoste

Actually, I think the Mopar TA cars ran single four barrels on aluminum dual plane intakes.  I think even the Chevs had to run a single four for racing.  I could be wrong, but I think the 302 cross ram and the Ford Cross Boss were just street pieces.  Dealer installed Chevy cheater stuff?

Ghoste

Just did some quick checking and it looks like there was a rule change in 1970 to single four barrels.  Prior to that, they were running dual fours in the Trans-Am.  I don't know though, that the early Mopar efforts ran a dual four, just the Ford and Chev teams.

greenpigs

I don't think a cross ram was made for a small block, the kind on max wedge cars or C bodies. If eye candy is all you want go for the cross ram.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Chryco Psycho

Eddy made a STR 12 for the small block with different tops , that would be the only small block intake that Possibly had a x ram set up