News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am an I-D-I-O-T!!!

Started by buie1289, September 21, 2009, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar73

When I was in high school, the auto teacher let me use the shop after school to install a set of headers on the 73, using the lift.  Afterwhile my best friend and I figured out that the engine had to be raised to make them fit, so we had the bright idea of using a transmission jack to raise the engine up.  You can see where this is going.  Yes, we raised the engine using the bottom of the oil pan for a lift spot :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  The engine lasted two weeks before it started to squeal and lock up :flame: :flame:  I was such an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The70RT

Quote from: mopar73 on September 24, 2009, 04:51:09 PM
When I was in high school, the auto teacher let me use the shop after school to install a set of headers on the 73, using the lift.  Afterwhile my best friend and I figured out that the engine had to be raised to make them fit, so we had the bright idea of using a transmission jack to raise the engine up.  You can see where this is going.  Yes, we raised the engine using the bottom of the oil pan for a lift spot :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  The engine lasted two weeks before it started to squeal and lock up :flame: :flame:  I was such an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have jacked up many a engine by the oil pan. I always put a block a wood under it first though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: buie1289 on September 24, 2009, 09:37:15 AM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 24, 2009, 12:34:24 AM
Quote from: kcederwall08 on September 23, 2009, 11:52:16 PM
Just last weekend I pulled out my radiator to change my water pump, and when I put it in I filled the motor up with coolant and other fluids. Then when I went to start the car it started fine, and I went to go check for water leaks. I looked at the bottom of the radiator, just to realize some fluid was pouring out pretty fast, and when I looked at the floor I saw about a 4 foot diameter puddle of transmission fluid with the engine still running.  :brickwall: Turns out I forgot to hook up the cooler lines for the transmission back to the radiator. 

Good thing you didn't go for a drive  :lol:  That's usually the first thing I do when I work on a car!

I'm pretty much a pro at the Trans fluid on the floor thing. My 64 Barracuda leaks trans fluid at strange intervals. I can drive it for hours and park it everything is bone dry. It will sit for days without a drop. Occasionally, I open the garage door only to find a huge puddle under it. I just laugh and toss some more oil-dry down. I think it misses me when I'm gone and leaves me a present!  :smilielol:

Aww thats so thoughtful, thanks for working on me punk now clean up my sh*t  :2thumbs: I'm telling you though... if you have cats save some money... who needs fresh litter anyways?

mopar73

Quote from: The70RT on September 24, 2009, 06:10:28 PM
Quote from: mopar73 on September 24, 2009, 04:51:09 PM

I have jacked up many a engine by the oil pan. I always put a block a wood under it first though.
I wasn't that smart then and the jack pad was relatively small