News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood release cable.... $200.00????

Started by buie1289, September 23, 2009, 09:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buie1289

I've been looking for a hood release cable and throttle cable for my 74 Charger. I ended up finding a hood release cable at Laysons. They want $200.00 for it  :o . Does that seem kinda high to you guys? Is anyone reproducing these? I've looked at Herbs and YO with no luck.

ODZKing

Yeah, it does.
I'm sure a Mopar yard somewhere has one or two that would be less expensive than that.

y3chargerrt

Maybe the mark up is part of their legal fund.

chargergirl

We were browsing them and had the same sticker shock! Wow...has to be one or two around you. We haven't started looking again since we found most of the parts.
Trust your Woobie!

Ghoste

Layson's tend to the high side on pretty much everything they sell.  At least that has been my own experience.

buie1289

Quote from: chargergirl on September 24, 2009, 07:17:40 AM
We were browsing them and had the same sticker shock! Wow...has to be one or two around you. We haven't started looking again since we found most of the parts.

Yep, I figured it would be easy to come by. I started with the local Chrysler dealership in Nashville, but nope. Ended up calling Stephen's Performance in AL. Apparently they can get them, but were unable to quote a price (yet) or provide availability info. I'm supposed to call back on Tuesday for that info. FYI, they seem to be very nice and quite helpful. She mentioned that they were reproductions. Wonder who is making them?

richRTSE

buie1289

Winged 1

;)
What ever you can do to stay away from Laysons the better off you will be!!
My  :Twocents:,
Eric

E5 Charger

If you want used, there is one on ebay. Item # 290352525124.

68charger383

Well gold is selling for over $900 an ounce  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

buie1289

Yep, gold seems to be a poor investment when compared to used Mopar parts.  :smilielol: