News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-74 charger or 2010 slowmaro

Started by charger_cody, September 24, 2009, 11:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you guys rather have?

camaro
7 (16.3%)
charger
36 (83.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

charger_cody

Im prooving to my friend that muscle cars are WWAAYY better than the new wana bees.

Cody

69bronzeT5

Of course I'd choose an old Charger but the new muscle cars kick ass. I wouldn't turn down a new Challenger, Camaro or Mustang :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

New Challenger is fine, new Camaro sucks, especially interior and back. Mustang is nice looking also
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Arthu®

Uhm what a stupid thing to ask on a Charger forum. I hope once you get to college this is not your idea of good research...
Striving for world domination since 1986

Troy

Quote from: Arthu® on September 24, 2009, 12:01:54 PM
Uhm what a stupid thing to ask on a Charger forum. I hope once you get to college this is not your idea of good research...
:iagree: This is a site where the large majority (or all) are fans of the 66-74 Chargers. I'd say the results will be heavily biased. Try asking on a forum for the new Camaro and see how different the responses are.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger_cody

I just thought i would bring it up cause this kid was sitting there bagging on charger saying they are "crap cars". I Strongly disagreed with him.  :lol:

Cody

PocketThunder

Quote from: charger_cody on September 24, 2009, 02:10:59 PM
I just thought i would bring it up cause this kid was sitting there bagging on charger saying they are "crap cars". I Strongly disagreed with him.  :lol:

Cody

Hey, didnt you have a thread recently about getting your Charger running?  Did that ever work out?   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Okay, the question of the day is WHO VOTED FOR CAMARO..... :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 24, 2009, 03:00:52 PM

I did....for a daily driver hands down a 426HP Camaro SS in Inferno Orange with white stripes please....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on September 24, 2009, 03:28:58 PM

I did....for a daily driver hands down a 426HP Camaro SS in Inferno Orange with white stripes please....

You know you've just been looking for an excuse to trade in that Daytona ever since you bought it... :P

Had I voted I'd have probably picked the Camaro too (if I could only have one car and needed to use it as a daily driver). Some of us have the option of owning more than one vehicle so I'll take one (or more) of each.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bronzeT5

I don't think the question had anything to do with a daily driver, just basically if somebody put a '66-'74 Charger and a 2010 Camaro infront of you, what would you take? :shruggy:

JT01

I own a 71 SS Camaro and have always had camaros but I cant get into the new ones I think there ugly they run good but who wants a fast car thats ugly. I would take my 69 charger all rusted up like the day I bought it over the new camaro. Plus if someone wants one i would wait a year or so after they get some of the bugs worked out of them and they might make some changes to it for the better.

Silver R/T

Cody

Kids are just that, ignorant, biased, stupid, uneducated. Just cause they are what they are ...kids. Once they grow up they might learn a thing or two.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charger_cody

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 24, 2009, 02:35:20 PM

Cody

Hey, didnt you have a thread recently about getting your Charger running?  Did that ever work out?   :popcrn:

Well i droped the motor in and realised that i wasnt done  :lol:.... I pulled it back out. im going to fix my smog heads and also put everything else on it , a/c pump ect..., and then give it another try.

Cody

RD

I did, not ashamed to admit it either.  I already have a charger, so a camaro would be okay with me (i like power, and right now, i dont care what manufacturer provides it.. if it looks ok and hauls ass.. i'd take it).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on September 24, 2009, 03:35:07 PM

You know you've just been looking for an excuse to trade in that Daytona ever since you bought it... :P

Troy

Hmmm....interesting thought.... :scratchchin:

NOT!!  :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RamchargerMopar

I have driven a new Cramaro and I got to say that was one heck of a fun drive. I loved it it was fast and loud and begged to be pushed to the limit....having said that I do not in any way care for the interior. For a car of that caliber I expected more than a run of the mill lets get it out the door style. I would chose the charger simply due to the cool factor. They are powerful, sexy and beg to be driven like it was built to be. The charger is far more classy and still has the fun to drive factor! :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: <-----All i got for pocket change
Mopar or No Car!

Brock Samson

But - one of my biggest gripes with the LXs (charger, 300, Magnum) is the interior, seems the Chally SRT is better, but they simply seem stark in execution, even the supposedly plush 300,.. I haven't actually sat in a camaro yet, but the pictures make it look awfully plasticy...  I LOVE my 300 Ms' interior, though it's ten yrs old now.
The interior is a major part in a car desirability, probably a third of the appeal to me. So if I don't like the interior I will not want the car.

camaro

Chally SRT

Chrysler 300 M

I must admit Cody I too am unclear on your vague question, do you mean new '09 Chevy to Vintage Charger?..
Or charger of what yr.
If i had 30K to spend on a "NEW" car I'd probably go with a Chally R/T or Bullit Mustang before the Camaro. If i could find a SRT Charger in B-5 at that price I'd probably take that first,.. But if were talkin a second car, a sunday car? I'd find another '69 R/T SE and do it all over again.

BTW:
 A nice 300M I could get allday long for under $10K and save the $20 grand and be perfectly happy... But that's just me.

BigBlackDodge

Old Chargers going up in value...........new Camaro not. :yesnod:

BBD

mikesbbody

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 24, 2009, 03:40:28 PM
I don't think the question had anything to do with a daily driver, just basically if somebody put a '66-'74 Charger and a 2010 Camaro infront of you, what would you take? :shruggy:

Well that depends...if your talking about a 318 66-67 or even a non Rallye 73-74 I would probably take the Camaro espicially if the Camaro has 426 H.P and I'm driving it everyday. but...a nice 68-72 BB Charger, I would take it hands down  :yesnod: of course, I would take a new Challenger over the new Camaro any day!

Nitrox

A vote? Who cares what the other guy likes...this is YOUR life right?

aussiemuscle

I just found out that a new camaro in RHD for australia will cost $115,000  :icon_smile_angry: convert that back to US$ its close to 100,000.  :slap:

Charger440RDN

I would definitely take a classic Charger, it's not that the camaro is not a nice car, it's the fact that those old Chargers will never be made again and there is a limited supply. While GM will probably stick with this current camaro design for the next 10 years, that's what they did with the last gen. There will be many more new Camaro's on the street than classic Chargers.

There will be so many camaros at the local Wal-Mart parking lot in a few years, you won't even look twice anymore when you see one. Not so with a classic Charger.  :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 24, 2009, 08:47:36 PM
But - one of my biggest gripes with the LXs (charger, 300, Magnum) is the interior, seems the Chally SRT is better, but they simply seem stark in execution, even the supposedly plush 300,.. I haven't actually sat in a camaro yet, but the pictures make it look awfully plasticy...  I LOVE my 300 Ms' interior, though it's ten yrs old now.
The interior is a major part in a car desirability, probably a third of the appeal to me. So if I don't like the interior I will not want the car.

Very good point.  99% of your time is spent looking at the dash. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

The answer should be self evident on this site but I voted anyway.  My question now would be to Chris; since you would choose the new Camaro over an old Charger, does that mean that you would happily trade your 69 Charger to the first person who comes along and offers a new Camaro for it?