News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am an I-D-I-O-T!!!

Started by buie1289, September 21, 2009, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 22, 2009, 06:45:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 22, 2009, 11:46:08 AM
 we call that a code     ID  10   T  here    :smilielol:

I don't get it?  :shruggy:  :D

An old military joke, tell the new go to go get an ID10T form, takes forever to realize you're looking for the IDIOT application. I know, I asked around for a few minutes!  :smilielol:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: teamroth on September 22, 2009, 08:27:54 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 22, 2009, 06:45:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 22, 2009, 11:46:08 AM
 we call that a code     ID  10   T  here    :smilielol:

I don't get it?  :shruggy:  :D

An old military joke, tell the new go to go get an ID10T form, takes forever to realize you're looking for the IDIOT application. I know, I asked around for a few minutes!  :smilielol:

That's pretty damn good considering it sounds legitimate ID 10 T hahahaha  :hah:

teamroth

at 19 years old they had me walking around for a few minutes, and then it hit me. Here's your sign!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

The70RT

I think the worse thing I did was hit the positive battery cable on the battery once and blew the top off the battery. I was lucky since I had a friend with me and lead me to a faucet to have my eyes flushed. A neighbor kid brought one of my battery caps over and said it was two houses down  ::) I guess i have been lucky and never did the oil plug thing. I did play a joke on a guy at vo-tech one time. He was acting like he was king shit and the teacher let him do all his honey doo's. He was changing the oil for the teacher in his Camaro, after he did so he wasn't looking and I put an empty oil can like the ones he just used with the others. He looked down and had a weird look on his face when he seen 6 quarts. He must have started it up and turned it off like 3 times and rechecked the oil. He eventually went and asked the teacher if he gave him 5 or 6 quarts. After that he combed the shop for on lookers  :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: The70RT on September 22, 2009, 09:27:58 PM
I think the worse thing I did was hit the positive battery cable on the battery once and blew the top off the battery. I was lucky since I had a friend with me and lead me to a faucet to have my eyes flushed. A neighbor kid brought one of my battery caps over and said it was two houses down  ::) I guess i have been lucky and never did the oil plug thing. I did play a joke on a guy at vo-tech one time. He was acting like he was king shit and the teacher let him do all his honey doo's. He was changing the oil for the teacher in his Camaro, after he did so he wasn't looking and I put an empty oil can like the ones he just used with the others. He looked down and had a weird look on his face when he seen 6 quarts. He must have started it up and turned it off like 3 times and rechecked the oil. He eventually went and asked the teacher if he gave him 5 or 6 quarts. After that he combed the shop for on lookers  :laugh:

You and I must have a different idea on what "luck" is  :lol: You say a little spilled oil is unlucky... I say battery acid in the eyes is worse... but thats just my  :Twocents:  :smilielol:

A383Wing

I guess there are more "IDIOTS" here on the forum than we all thought, huh??  :D

(1 of the chosen few)

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: A383Wing on September 22, 2009, 09:42:42 PM
I guess there are more "IDIOTS" here on the forum than we all thought, huh??  :D

(1 of the chosen few)

One of the mods better delete this thread quick before the Rustang forum finds us out!  :rofl:

A383Wing

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 22, 2009, 09:44:10 PM

(1 of the chosen few)

One of the mods better delete this thread quick before the Rustang forum finds us out!  :rofl:

Screw them....they don't know what a real car is

ZSmithersCharges

mopar_nut_440_6

I had the engine out of my 70 Duster to install a turbo drain in the oil pan and to clean it up and regasket it. I assembled it all and fired it up. I took a while to get the carb setup and the turbo working for me. The engine is stock with the  exception of the turbo setup. The car sat for a couple of weeks without being used and had only run for short bursts of less than a minute.

I insured the car and my son popped by so I let him take the car for a couple of hours. When he came back he told me that the car had been steaming and he had to put water in it. I had filled the rad once but not checked it after the water had circulated! Thankfully it is a /6 and these things apparently run with minimal coolant!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

mikesbbody

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on September 22, 2009, 07:27:42 AM
Ever "double gasket" an oil filter?   Not pretty :rotz:

Yup, well not me but I was there and saw it happen on a friends 66 buick. the gasket from the old filter stuck to the block, he put the new filter on and oil went all over the driveway their NEW DRIVEWAY  :smilielol: his father saw it
and despite the fact he's "Christian" he swore like a Salior  :smilielol:

chargergirl

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 22, 2009, 09:44:10 PM

(1 of the chosen few)

Then they're not man enough to own up and lyin' to themselves!  :yesnod: Every single mechanic has these stories, real ones own up. :coolgleamA:
Trust your Woobie!

buie1289

Well, while we're telling it all.... Same truck, different oil change. I have a small drain pan and a large drain pan. Not thinking, I grabbed the small pan plopped under the truck and proceeded to remove the plug. Figured I would go ahead and change the filters (up top) while it drained. My small drain pan holds roughly 6 quarts. Truck holds roughly 4 gallons. End result was 2.5 gallons on the shiny clean garage floor. Thank Baby Jesus for oil-dry.

lisiecki1

i had just installed my 390 horse 360 in my 73 and was excited to hear it run so i fired it up on jack stands with open headers to check it out, after running for a few minutes i ran it up a bit to seat the rings and while it was idling i walked around the front of the car and kicked over 7 new quarts of oil "AHH SHIT!" could have been heard for two or three blocks.....3 months later i was putting new bearings in the bottom end....

I was 18 and excited, and it will never happen again....now i write out checklists and tape them to the steering wheel with the keys so i can't start it without paying attention to the checklist....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: buie1289 on September 23, 2009, 09:18:22 AM
Well, while we're telling it all.... Same truck, different oil change. I have a small drain pan and a large drain pan. Not thinking, I grabbed the small pan plopped under the truck and proceeded to remove the plug. Figured I would go ahead and change the filters (up top) while it drained. My small drain pan holds roughly 6 quarts. Truck holds roughly 4 gallons. End result was 2.5 gallons on the shiny clean garage floor. Thank Baby Jesus for oil-dry.

Kitty litter works too  :lol:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: lisiecki1 on September 23, 2009, 11:11:43 AM
i had just installed my 390 horse 360 in my 73 and was excited to hear it run so i fired it up on jack stands with open headers to check it out, after running for a few minutes i ran it up a bit to seat the rings and while it was idling i walked around the front of the car and kicked over 7 new quarts of oil "AHH SHIT!" could have been heard for two or three blocks.....3 months later i was putting new bearings in the bottom end....

I was 18 and excited, and it will never happen again....now i write out checklists and tape them to the steering wheel with the keys so i can't start it without paying attention to the checklist....

That sucks!  :brickwall:

The70RT

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 22, 2009, 09:37:55 PM

You and I must have a different idea on what "luck" is  :lol: You say a little spilled oil is unlucky... I say battery acid in the eyes is worse... but thats just my  :Twocents:  :smilielol:

Yeah I was to a certain degree. A friend of mine had an eye put out when those DieHards were blowing up for no reason years ago......yeah he was lucky that he didn't loose both eyes. So there is different degrees of luck  :nana:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: The70RT on September 23, 2009, 09:19:43 PM

Yeah I was to a certain degree. A friend of mine had an eye put out when those DieHards were blowing up for no reason years ago......yeah he was lucky that he didn't loose both eyes. So there is different degrees of luck  :nana:

I suppose battery acid to the face is a good way of "dying hard"  :rofl: So hows your vision   :hah:

The70RT

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 23, 2009, 09:56:17 PM
I think the worse thing I did was hit the positive battery cable on the battery once and blew the top off the battery. I was lucky since I had a friend with me and lead me to a faucet to have my eyes flushed. A neighbor kid brought one of my battery caps over and said it was two houses down  ::) I guess i have been lucky and never did the oil plug thing. I did play a joke on a guy at vo-tech one time. He was acting like he was king shit and the teacher let him do all his honey doo's. He was changing the oil for the teacher in his Camaro, after he did so he wasn't looking and I put an empty oil can like the ones he just used with the others. He looked down and had a weird look on his face when he seen 6 quarts. He must have started it up and turned it off like 3 times and rechecked the oil. He eventually went and asked the teacher if he gave him 5 or 6 quarts. After that he combed the shop for on lookers  :laugh:

You and I must have a different idea on what "luck" is  :lol: You say a little spilled oil is unlucky... I say battery acid in the eyes is worse... but thats just my  :Twocents:  :smilielol:

Yeah I was to a certain degree. A friend of mine had an eye put out when those DieHards were blowing up for no reason years ago......yeah he was lucky that he didn't loose both eyes. So there is different degrees of luck  :nana:

I suppose battery acid to the face is a good way of "dying hard"  :rofl: So hows your vision   :hah:

How's yours  :moon: :fu:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: The70RT on September 23, 2009, 10:19:27 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 23, 2009, 09:56:17 PM
I think the worse thing I did was hit the positive battery cable on the battery once and blew the top off the battery. I was lucky since I had a friend with me and lead me to a faucet to have my eyes flushed. A neighbor kid brought one of my battery caps over and said it was two houses down  ::) I guess i have been lucky and never did the oil plug thing. I did play a joke on a guy at vo-tech one time. He was acting like he was king shit and the teacher let him do all his honey doo's. He was changing the oil for the teacher in his Camaro, after he did so he wasn't looking and I put an empty oil can like the ones he just used with the others. He looked down and had a weird look on his face when he seen 6 quarts. He must have started it up and turned it off like 3 times and rechecked the oil. He eventually went and asked the teacher if he gave him 5 or 6 quarts. After that he combed the shop for on lookers  :laugh:

You and I must have a different idea on what "luck" is  :lol: You say a little spilled oil is unlucky... I say battery acid in the eyes is worse... but thats just my  :Twocents:  :smilielol:

Yeah I was to a certain degree. A friend of mine had an eye put out when those DieHards were blowing up for no reason years ago......yeah he was lucky that he didn't loose both eyes. So there is different degrees of luck  :nana:

I suppose battery acid to the face is a good way of "dying hard"  :rofl: So hows your vision   :hah:

How's yours  :moon: :fu:

Hahaha  :cheers: Unfortunately not so good  :smilielol:

A383Wing

Well...I did a boo-boo today...was doing an oil change on customers car...we check & fill all the fluids as well...got the windshield washer fluid and proceeded to fill up the washer bottle...

Filled up the radiator overflow bottle instead with above washer fluid.

I need a vacation

<sigh>

kcederwall08

Just last weekend I pulled out my radiator to change my water pump, and when I put it in I filled the motor up with coolant and other fluids. Then when I went to start the car it started fine, and I went to go check for water leaks. I looked at the bottom of the radiator, just to realize some fluid was pouring out pretty fast, and when I looked at the floor I saw about a 4 foot diameter puddle of transmission fluid with the engine still running.  :brickwall: Turns out I forgot to hook up the cooler lines for the transmission back to the radiator. 

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: kcederwall08 on September 23, 2009, 11:52:16 PM
Just last weekend I pulled out my radiator to change my water pump, and when I put it in I filled the motor up with coolant and other fluids. Then when I went to start the car it started fine, and I went to go check for water leaks. I looked at the bottom of the radiator, just to realize some fluid was pouring out pretty fast, and when I looked at the floor I saw about a 4 foot diameter puddle of transmission fluid with the engine still running.  :brickwall: Turns out I forgot to hook up the cooler lines for the transmission back to the radiator. 

Good thing you didn't go for a drive  :lol:  That's usually the first thing I do when I work on a car!

buie1289

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 24, 2009, 12:34:24 AM
Quote from: kcederwall08 on September 23, 2009, 11:52:16 PM

Good thing you didn't go for a drive  :lol:  That's usually the first thing I do when I work on a car!

I'm pretty much a pro at the Trans fluid on the floor thing. My 64 Barracuda leaks trans fluid at strange intervals. I can drive it for hours and park it everything is bone dry. It will sit for days without a drop. Occasionally, I open the garage door only to find a huge puddle under it. I just laugh and toss some more oil-dry down. I think it misses me when I'm gone and leaves me a present!  :smilielol:

dstryr

If your daughter has dance lessons at 6:30 and you already know it, but you wife calls and says lessons are at 6:15, Where are you, you're going to be late? :RantExplode: :RantExplode:, just take a deep breath and finish what you are doing.  Namely, install the clips into the pins after you put the hood back on but BEFORE you hit 25mph on the highway... :brickwall:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.