News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Monster Mopar Tent

Started by Troy, September 21, 2009, 11:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Just a reminder that we'll have a tent at the Monster Mopar show again this year. It will be at one end of the Aero car section in the show field. The cars are usually arranged in a semi-circle and we'll be at the end nearest the car corral. We should have banners up - hopefully in a visible location. Feel free to stop by, set up some chairs, and hang out. The tent for this show is really expensive (probably why there aren't more of them) so if anyone would like to pitch in with a donation it would be greatly appreciated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

i'll pitch in put me down for $ 10.00
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

OneofNoneRT

Moparstuart I will see you on that and raise you a dollar ($11.00)  :nana: Troy its not just for the tent but this site as well :2thumbs:,are you gonna have a donation jug at the tent ?  :shruggy:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Troy

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on September 21, 2009, 06:44:09 PM
Moparstuart I will see you on that and raise you a dollar ($11.00)  :nana: Troy its not just for the tent but this site as well :2thumbs:,are you gonna have a donation jug at the tent ?  :shruggy:
Well, that suggestion came up at Carlisle but - even though most Mopar people seem trustworthy - I don't feel too at ease leaving money out in the open. If I knew someone would be at the tent at all times I probably would. I'm certainly around more at this show than any other but I still wander around on a regular basis. I'll see what I can come up with. Gene (Hemigeno) set it all up and he'll probably be around more than me so you can give the money to him also.

Troy

Daytona R/T SE

OneofNoneRT

Troy I hope its a big tent ;D Forecast isnt looking so good.. :brickwall:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Blue Pentastar

Sounds great look forward to seeing everyone there. Hey we have all been wet before and the forcast is only showing 30 to 40 percent scattered for Sat. Sunday so far looks great.

Mike Schrader   :2thumbs:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

hemigeno

I just confirmed that the official DC.com tent will be in place at the show, in approximately the same location as last year.  When Troy mentioned the tent is expensive, it's the truth.  MMW charges $300 for the 20'x20' tent rental just for the 3 day show (and that is the show's cost with no added markup).  Troy has absorbed most of the cost for the tent we get at Carlisle every year, and I've agreed to "front" the cost at the Monster Mopar show both last year and this year.  It's no fun to shell out the dough for such things, believe me - and Troy still absorbs a lot of website-related costs that no one ever sees or hears about.  I don't mind kicking in my fair share and then some, but I'd prefer not to swallow most of that cost like last year (THANK YOU again to the couple of people who kicked in last year - you know who you are!!!).  

Good Lord willing, I should be there Saturday and Sunday driving a bright orange R/T whether it rains or not...

:cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on September 23, 2009, 10:38:19 AM
I just confirmed that the official DC.com tent will be in place at the show, in approximately the same location as last year.  When Troy mentioned the tent is expensive, it's the truth.  MMW charges $300 for the 20'x20' tent rental just for the 3 day show (and that is the show's cost with no added markup).  Troy has absorbed most of the cost for the tent we get at Carlisle every year, and I've agreed to "front" the cost at the Monster Mopar show both last year and this year.  It's no fun to shell out the dough for such things, believe me - and Troy still absorbs a lot of website-related costs that no one ever sees or hears about.  I don't mind kicking in my fair share and then some, but I'd prefer not to swallow most of that cost like last year (THANK YOU again to the couple of people who kicked in last year - you know who you are!!!).  

Good Lord willing, I should be there Saturday and Sunday driving a bright orange R/T whether it rains or not...

what no roll back this year  ?    I hope really hope i'm not in that club again this year   :smilielol:  

oh and at that price  :scared: i'll up my donation to $20.00

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on September 23, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
I hope really hope i'm not in that club again this year   :smilielol:  

For your sake (and sanity), we all hope this is a trouble-free trip for the 'Birdable!!

Quote from: moparstuart on September 23, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
 oh and at that price  :scared: i'll up my donation to $20.00

:cheers: :bow:

41husk

I will be happy to throw some bones in for the tent.  Will we have a collection cup?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemigeno

Quote from: 41husk on September 23, 2009, 12:44:54 PM
I will be happy to throw some bones in for the tent.  Will we have a collection cup?

See below:
Quote from: Troy on September 21, 2009, 06:53:43 PM
Quote from: OneofNoneRT on September 21, 2009, 06:44:09 PM
are you gonna have a donation jug at the tent ?  :shruggy:

Well, that suggestion came up at Carlisle but - even though most Mopar people seem trustworthy - I don't feel too at ease leaving money out in the open. If I knew someone would be at the tent at all times I probably would. I'm certainly around more at this show than any other but I still wander around on a regular basis. I'll see what I can come up with. Gene (Hemigeno) set it all up and he'll probably be around more than me so you can give the money to him also.

Troy

Might depend on how rainy it is...  we could always charge admission during any downpours!   :lol:

twodko

Troy,

I'm on the west coast and won't be able to attend but I'd like to donate $20 toward expenses. Please PM me with an address to send a check to. Thanks

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Daytona R/T SE

If either the R/T (Hemigeno) or the 'Birdable (MoparStuart) break down, I have a truck, trailer and a garage within 20 Miles of Gateway. :2thumbs:

I'll be happy to remove them for you  ;)

You'll never see them again... but I'm just sayin' :smilielol:

...Now where did I put that stash of VIN tags and rivets I had...  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 23, 2009, 05:18:29 PM
If either the R/T (Hemigeno) or the 'Birdable (MoparStuart) break down, I have a truck, trailer and a garage within 20 Miles of Gateway. :2thumbs:

chris  thanks man   :shruggy:  maybe   :D

Charger-Bodie

I will also throw some cash in the pot,just like at Carlisle.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on September 24, 2009, 08:49:40 AM

I'm here for ya, Buddy ;)

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 24, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 24, 2009, 08:49:40 AM

I'm here for ya, Buddy ;)
thats what i'm afraid of   , see ya soon

bull

Can someone post a paypal email address in c/o dc.com in case some of us want to donate via remote control?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bull on September 25, 2009, 05:37:06 PM
Can someone post a paypal email address in c/o dc.com in case some of us want to donate via remote control?

Bull, Send beer :cheers:

Troy

I want to thank everyone who donated to the tent. It apparently came in handy during the rain on Saturday - although I got stuck under the bleachers (which leak when wet). I had a great time as usual but it still went too quickly. Sorry if I missed anyone or didn't get to spend too much time gabbing. I'm looking forward to next year already!

Troy

hemigeno

Quote from: Troy on September 28, 2009, 11:07:11 AM
I want to thank everyone who donated to the tent.

:iagree:

Yes, thanks everyone!  We collected $200 total, not counting my own or Troy's share (which I wouldn't have accepted from him anyway).

We should have set up a turnstile with a $5 cover charge during the rainshowers though, as that would have paid for the rest of the tent expenses and a few months of the website too...   :lol:

Troy

Was already gone so I'm just seeing this - tlvszerogs at hotmail.com works (replace the " at " with "@" of course). I'll hopefully be adding a "Donate" link this week if I have time.

Troy

bull

Quote from: Troy on September 28, 2009, 02:03:59 PM
Was already gone so I'm just seeing this - tlvszerogs at hotmail.com works (replace the " at " with "@" of course). I'll hopefully be adding a "Donate" link this week if I have time.

Troy

Sounds good. Are you guys still in the hole? Not that it will effect my donation; just wondering.

Troy

Quote from: bull on September 28, 2009, 02:09:22 PM
Quote from: Troy on September 28, 2009, 02:03:59 PM

Troy

Sounds good. Are you guys still in the hole? Not that it will effect my donation; just wondering.
Yeah, by about $100.

Troy

moparstuart

thanks for the tent and the commerodery , sure did come in handy saturday during the two major showers .

PocketThunder

tlvzerogs

Troy Loves Zero G's?   You dont like to turn corners?    :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 28, 2009, 04:40:54 PM
tlvzerogs

Troy Loves Zero G's?   You dont like to turn corners?    :shruggy:
Zero G = weightless.

Troy

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on September 28, 2009, 04:20:31 PM
  thanks for the tent and the commerodery , sure did come in handy saturday during the two major showers .

The wife and I were stuck under the drippy grandstands during the "Big One" :brickwall:

I had brought coats and umbrellas...just in case  :coolgleamA:

Too bad they were nice and dry in the truck 1/2 mile away when the "Big One" rolled in  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Other than that it was a great time as usual...

I'm already looking forward to next year :2thumbs:

Good seein' y'all  :wave:

Brock Samson

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 28, 2009, 04:55:43 PM

The wife and I were stuck under the drippy grandstands during the "Big One" :brickwall:

Too bad they were nice and dry in the truck 1/2 mile away when the "Big One" rolled in  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Same to you Chris! and everyone else that I got the chance to meet up with.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 28, 2009, 05:28:37 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 28, 2009, 04:55:43 PM

Same to you Chris! and everyone else that I got the chance to meet up with.

:2thumbs: ;)