News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

11 SECOND BLACK PIG RACE RESULTS...Norwalk.... Congrats Ron..............

Started by R2, September 20, 2009, 10:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

We just got back from Norwalk ,,,, weather was great.....
Got to see Rons car,,,,,,awesome............

He ran some low 12's,,,,and then dropped the hammer to get a 11.96 ET,,,,, Awesome.............

Car is outstanding,,,,for those of you going to Monster Mopar @ St Louis,,,,stop by and see it.......

bull

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Wow good job! He said he wanted to get below the 12 mark, and looks like he made it. Congrats!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

greenpigs

Midget? Does Ron sit on a phonebook or a block of foam on race day? Is that with a 440?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger-Bodie

Great to hear!! Congrats Ron!!

Cant wait to check it out at Monster Mopar.

The 446 cubic inch monster must be getting close to being tuned in "EH".
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Quote from: greenpigs on September 21, 2009, 04:41:07 AM
Midget? Does Ron sit on a phonebook or a block of foam on race day? Is that with a 440?
First pic - he's talking about OneBadSuperbird.

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on September 21, 2009, 08:13:48 AM
Sweet!!  :drool5:

Any video???
Tilar posted a video of a 12.1 second run (you gotta pause it when the camera whips up and to the right to see the time).
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61863.msg689804.html#msg689804

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

firefighter3931

Thanks for the Kudo's guys.  :2thumbs:

I'm in Louisville hangin with my gracious host Doug  :bow: for a few days then we're off to MM for some more fun.  :drive: :boogie:  :cheers:

Doug's 65 ran great ; 10.30's @ 130 mph.....not bad for a 440 huh ?  :icon_smile_cool:

On the 11.96 pass I treed the other guy (.021 light) and had him at the stripe.....all i had to do was tap the brakes for the win but i wanted that 11 sec timeslip BAD !  :lol: I kept my foot in it and broke out....some things are just more important.  ;)

The Black Pig is heavy & is living up to it's namesake.......raceweight is 4100 with me in the car. MPH is descent @114+ so it's working well for what it is. Not bad for a street car running 446 cubes.

Member Blown68 had his 68 Coronet honkin pretty good running 10.30's @ 130 MPH and our other buddy Mark had his procharged 540 Hemi Roadrunner running 9.70's at 140+  :notworthy:

Last but not least ; Kamkuda was there helping with tech and providing lectures on the virtues of fuel injection vs carburation. Rob also did a fantastic job on the grill.  :drool5:

All in all a great w/e....this makes all the hard work worthwhile.  :coolgleamA:

Make sure to stop by @ MM if you happen to be there.  :wave:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Hemidoug

Quote from: R2 on September 20, 2009, 10:36:38 PM

He ran some low 12's,,,,and then dropped the hammer to get a 11.96 ET,,,,, Awesome.............

Car is outstanding,,,,for those of you going to Monster Mopar @ St Louis,,,,stop by and see it.......

Great job Ron! Looks like it would be a hell of a heads up race between you and me....I'm still looking for my 11 sec timeslip....we need to get together and run sometime. You going to the Mopar even at LV?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on September 21, 2009, 12:58:17 PM

Great job Ron! Looks like it would be a hell of a heads up race between you and me....I'm still looking for my 11 sec timeslip....we need to get together and run sometime. You going to the Mopar even at LV?

Hi Doug !

I'll be in St Louis at Monster Mopar that w/e.....so unfortunately i can't make LVD for the mopar show. Good luck and post up your slip when you can....i'll do the same.  :icon_smile_big:

I agree....our cars would make a great heads-up race.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Back N Black

Hey Ron, i picked up 8 hp with that same air filter on the Dyno....

Hemidoug

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 21, 2009, 01:49:48 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on September 21, 2009, 12:58:17 PM

Hi Doug !

I'll be in St Louis at Monster Mopar that w/e.....so unfortunately i can't make LVD for the mopar show. Good luck and post up your slip when you can....i'll do the same.  :icon_smile_big:

I agree....our cars would make a great heads-up race.  :2thumbs:

Ron

My best was two weeks ago...12.11 and 111 mph at Atco. The weather was bad and getting worse...I've been waiting for some better weather and I think I have the settup I need for the suspension. I'm still 60 footing at 1.9 but I'm running 116 MPH through the traps...

Keep up the good work!

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

bull

RD

lol @ Bull's comment!!

congrats ron! i may see you at MM, waiting on how things go throughout the week, family (wife and kids) have been taking turns getting sick.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mally69

firefighter3931

NO Sam Adams,,,,

The trunk was filled with Alexander' Keiths......... :cheers:  I think there will be some traveling to Monster Mopar this week.........

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

teamroth

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 21, 2009, 10:05:30 AM
Thanks for the Kudo's guys.  :2thumbs:

I'm in Louisville hangin with my gracious host Doug  :bow: for a few days then we're off to MM for some more fun.  :drive: :boogie:  :cheers:

Doug's 65 ran great ; 10.30's @ 130 mph.....not bad for a 440 huh ?  :icon_smile_cool:

On the 11.96 pass I treed the other guy (.021 light) and had him at the stripe.....all i had to do was tap the brakes for the win but i wanted that 11 sec timeslip BAD !  :lol: I kept my foot in it and broke out....some things are just more important.  ;)

The Black Pig is heavy & is living up to it's namesake.......raceweight is 4100 with me in the car. MPH is descent @114+ so it's working well for what it is. Not bad for a street car running 446 cubes.

Member Blown68 had his 68 Coronet honkin pretty good running 10.30's @ 130 MPH and our other buddy Mark had his procharged 540 Hemi Roadrunner running 9.70's at 140+  :notworthy:

Last but not least ; Kamkuda was there helping with tech and providing lectures on the virtues of fuel injection vs carburation. Rob also did a fantastic job on the grill.  :drool5:

All in all a great w/e....this makes all the hard work worthwhile.  :coolgleamA:

Make sure to stop by @ MM if you happen to be there.  :wave:

Ron

Them's some nice times! Cheers Ron.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 21, 2009, 08:56:57 PM
NO Sam Adams,,,,

The trunk was filled with Alexander' Keiths......... :cheers:  I think there will be some traveling to Monster Mopar this week.........

Mmmm Beer.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 21, 2009, 07:54:41 AM

Brian, i ran the numbers through the calculator and it show's 477rwhp to run 114.25 @ 4100lbs raceweight. The same calculator shows 555 flywheel HP to run that number....seems about right based on the engine dyno results. I'm pretty sure it's "maxed out" power wise but i might be able to get it to ET better with some improved short times. Time for the big cube wedge.  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 22, 2009, 07:58:30 AM
NO Sam Adams,,,,

The trunk was filled with Alexander' Keiths......... :cheers:  I think there will be some traveling to Monster Mopar this week.........

Mmmm Beer.

Still got some Keith's and Sleeman's honey brown left over. Rick also gave me some Great Lakes beer so we're in good shape.  :cheers:

We'll be there thursday afternnoon setting up in the pits.  :icon_smile_cool:

Have a safe drive down.   :wave:

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: RD on September 21, 2009, 06:47:24 PM

i may see you at MM, waiting on how things go throughout the week, family (wife and kids) have been taking turns getting sick.

Hope things are getting better at home Jamey.  :yesnod:

It would be fantastic if you can make it down.....i don't know when i'll get back out again to the Midwest....i have an 1100 mile tow home.  :eek2:  :lol:

Ron

RECHRGD

Great running car you've got there Ron!!!!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Belgium R/T -68

Love those videoclips :2thumbs: Makes me remember when I lived in sweden and raced with my -70 Cuda, the sound and smell of
a raceway. Really great machine you got there Ron :2thumbs: I hope to be able to race you some day. :lol:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Blown70

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Musicman

Hey, I finally got a chance to see this thread from home :yesnod:    My work PC wouldn't allow me to see half the stuff on here :flame:

Oh well, better late than never :rotz:

Congratulations Ron :cheers:  Looks like you were having yourself a hell of day :2thumbs: I liked the part about you just having to break out... just couldn't resist the temptation could ya :angel:  :smilielol:  Had to have that 11 :2thumbs:

Mike

Hemidoug

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 22, 2009, 08:16:11 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 21, 2009, 07:54:41 AM

Brian, i ran the numbers through the calculator and it show's 477rwhp to run 114.25 @ 4100lbs raceweight. The same calculator shows 555 flywheel HP to run that number....seems about right based on the engine dyno results. I'm pretty sure it's "maxed out" power wise but i might be able to get it to ET better with some improved short times. Time for the big cube wedge.  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 22, 2009, 07:58:30 AM

Those are some impressive numbers out of 446 cubes....nice work Ron! :drool5: :cheers: :2thumbs:

richRTSE

Congrats Ron!  :cheers: Fran told me your car looked great, wish I would have seen it. It's a shame I'm only an hour away and didn't make it out there this year... :rotz:

Rich

Mefirst

:cheers: Ron

Good to hear you had fun and got that 11sec time slip...

/Tom

kamkuda

kamkuda

NO Sam Adams,,,,

The trunk was filled with Alexander' Keiths......... :cheers:  I think there will be some traveling to Monster Mopar this week.........

TRUE THAT :yesnod: :cheers:

hemigeno

Quote from: kamkuda on September 28, 2009, 12:55:00 PM

It's a good thing Ron has a badge to flash while crossing the border, as that trunk picture has got to qualify as bootlegging in most states...   :lol:

Great finished product there Ron, thanks for stopping by the Car Show area Sunday (I seem to be quarrantined there for some reason).  Wish I could have caught a pass or three!

RIDELIKEHELL

Well it seems that we have 2 things in common..a 68 Charger & the love of the finest Canadian Beer! KEITHS RED is also one I tend to induldge in :cheers: That car is definately a beast! Great to hear your times! Kudos!

Marc
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Tilar

NO Sam Adams,,,,

Now I see how you tweaked it and the times got faster... The more you drink, the lighter the car gets.  :smilielol:

I gotta say that was the first Canadian Beer I think I've had, and I'm pretty sure I could get used to that.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on September 30, 2009, 09:46:11 PM
Hey Ron, is that 4100 pounds WITH the beer in the trunk??

I wish !  :lol:
Quote from: hemigeno on September 28, 2009, 05:31:46 PM

It's a good thing Ron has a badge to flash while crossing the border, as that trunk picture has got to qualify as bootlegging in most states...   :lol:

Great finished product there Ron, thanks for stopping by the Car Show area Sunday (I seem to be quarrantined there for some reason).  Wish I could have caught a pass or three!

Hi Gene....great seeing you too ! You had your hands full over on the showside and i was busy racing so it's a shame we didn't spend more time together.  :P It's a good thing i left when i did....the Pro class was just starting to race when i got back over to the pits...had to hussle bigtime to get to the lanes !

It's surprising how big the trunk of a charger is....there were 8 cases of beer in there when that pic was snapped.  :lol: Most of it is in Ohio/Michigan & Kentucky.  :icon_smile_big:

See ya @ Carlisle next year  :2thumbs:

Ron

R2

yup,,,,i got some Keith's sitting in my garage as we speak.....Ron was very generous with beer,,gifts,,couldnt ask for a nicer guy.....First Class all the way......... :2thumbs:

Hated seeing the Black Pig getting wet, :o,,,hope you didnt mind me drying it off .. :pity:.. lol

vegasmike

Ron, the car looks awesome and has that killer stance.. It just says,  "I'M going to give somebody a beatin".

firefighter3931

Quote from: R2 on October 01, 2009, 04:35:40 PM
Hated seeing the Black Pig getting wet, :o,,,hope you didnt mind me drying it off .. :pity:.. lol

Doug, thanks for taking care of the wet Pig and all your help cleaning rubber off the quarter panels. I can see why both your cars look so nice.  :icon_smile_cool:  Hopefully some of that attention to detail rubs off on me !  :lol:

Quote from: vegasmike on October 01, 2009, 06:30:25 PM
Ron, the car looks awesome and has that killer stance.. It just says,  "I'M going to give somebody a beatin".

Thanks Mike ; I'm pleased with the appearance but the power needs some upgrades.  ;)

Ron

Blown68Coronet

Uh... Ron.... About the power not being enough.......... Welcome to the club Buddy!  :nana: You're never going to be satisfied now, you'll just keep wanting more and more.... it's a sickness LOL :D

Steve P.

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on October 02, 2009, 08:57:51 AM
Uh... Ron.... About the power not being enough.......... Welcome to the club Buddy!  :nana:You're never going to be satisfied now, you'll just keep wanting more and more.... it's a sickness LOL :D

I agree... I asked Ron on the phone if he felt like he was in his 20's again. He said no, noy really. I said: "Well I guess you need more motor then".

It's a natural thing to want more of what makes you feel good.  I think that's why I named my first Coronet "The Other Woman"..     :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Blown68Coronet

Steve, I saw a white 65 Coronet at Norwalk with that name, is that your ol car? If so she's a hottie! :2thumbs:

vegasmike

Yes Ron, I know what you mean... It's never fast enough and your always thinking what else can I do to make it faster... Guess I'm going to have to raise big Al's rent... I need the speed........ :D

jb666

I loved the videos, thanks for posting!! The car's looking awesome!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Steve P.

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on October 02, 2009, 10:48:23 AM
Steve, I saw a white 65 Coronet at Norwalk with that name, is that your ol car? If so she's a hottie! :2thumbs:

Hey bro. I sold my 1st. 65' Coronet 500 , "THE OTHER WOMAN" way back in 1985' in Rochester, NY. The guy that bought it campaigned the car in the same Firemist red and gold leaf writing for about 15 years all over the North East after he bought it. A few years ago I tracked him down and oddly enough he now lives in Florida as do I. He's on the other coast though. BUt he told me he was getting ready to restore it and start racing it once again. I haven't ever heard back since so I don't know if he painted it back to white as the original or what.  I do know there is a 65' Plymouth with the same name on the doors. Mine was the first though. I'm told there is a magazine shot of the car somewhere, but I don't know which one or when.  If I ever do race again I WILL use the same name. I have a few pics of it back in the day, but the paper is getting pretty bad. You can hardly make out the gold leaf lettering on the quarters.

If you or anyone else ever sees it again, please try to hook up with the owner and get info. for me. I would love to know what's what with her today.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Purple440

That's one cool "Black Pig" Ron  :yesnod:  Nice to see it in action, thx for the vid.

:2thumbs:

- Doug

Mfr426

Ron, fantastic thread and great run. That engine looks really potent - all business and nice and tidy.  :yesnod:

Power and nice paint, what a great combination. Enjoy! 

PS: Thanks for all the help with my beast. We're up and running nicely again.

Mike R in Reading PA