News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel options for 68 charger

Started by NGC414, September 17, 2009, 12:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGC414

Does anyone know if the new (06-09) charger wheels will fit a 68 charger? Or the newer SRT-8 wheels?

Brock Samson

Troy

Modern wheels have a rather large offset - not to mention the bolt spacing is different.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Nothing fits right, especially the name. :nana:

mauve66

unfortunately GM was the only one to think of helping the aftermarket crowd when it came to wheel spacing, alot of 80's camero wheels fit older GMs, Mopar could care less about history unless its a $15 grand hemi motor that most can't afford
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

Quote from: mauve66 on September 19, 2009, 11:17:59 PM
unfortunately GM was the only one to think of helping the aftermarket crowd when it came to wheel spacing, alot of 80's camero wheels fit older GMs, Mopar could care less about history unless its a $15 grand hemi motor that most can't afford

Well, Mopar used to care. For about 30 years it was 5 on 4.5" for just about everything. I agree about their lack of concern for history lately and wheels are just one indication of that. See my previous post for an example of Chrysler's most glaring disregard for heritage to date.

mauve66

you could get a 67 hubcap on a 68 charger
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim