News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Smokin' deal of the week (Charger bumper jack)

Started by bull, September 19, 2009, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I finally landed one of these stupid things from an ad on craiglist. Ok, so maybe it doesn't quite qualify as a smokin' deal at $150 but that's about as cheap as they come these days unless you find someone who's clueless. This one came out of a '69.

RD

man!! that is just "jacked" up if you ask me! :D

congrats bull
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Winged 1

;)
Yes, that is a great deal. Congrats on keeping your eyes open..
Eric

bull

BTW, I thought these things were supposed to be date coded? :shruggy: I thought I saw some phantom markings under the "DOWN" after looking at these pictures so I took a wire brush to that area and found nothing. Maybe that means it's a super-rare, 1 of 1, 68 1/2 Hemi jack!

RamchargerMopar

Isn't it uplifting to buy new stuff?  Especially if it was something you needed or had at one point but someone jacked you for it. :D Just a couple pumps and your up and on your way to new JACK city! ;D
Mopar or No Car!

bull

Yea, I am a little jacked up about it. I'm just glad he didn't jack up the price.

Oh, and I guess some of the jacks didn't get date code stamps for whatever reason: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9410.0.html

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: bull on September 19, 2009, 07:28:17 PM
Yea, I am kind od jacked up about it. I'm just glad he didn't jack up the price.

if he did just pump the handle and lower the price and show him that you wont take no jack from him even if his name was jack!  :nana:
Mopar or No Car!

Charger-Bodie

That jack will only work on a 69 R/T bull.......Ill bail you out of it if you will cover the shipping!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 19, 2009, 07:49:49 PM
That jack will only work on a 69 R/T bull.......Ill bail you out of it if you will cover the shipping!

You'd do that for me? Thanks!

Bummer, now you need two jacks for a Daytona. :nana:

moparstuart

I need two I wish i could find one that cheap
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on September 19, 2009, 10:28:30 PM
  I need two I wish i could find one that cheap

The guy that sold it to me is in Portland and he told me he gets these jacks once in a while so I'll keep and eye out for you. I've been to his house before and he's always got two or three 2nd gen Chargers sitting around. Today he had a 68, a 69 and a 70 sitting there but only one jack between them. I think he sells every jack seperately that he finds in the Chargers he buys.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

When we were putting the Daytona together in the mid 90's, I ran across a local paper ad for a 68-70 jack for sale...he wanted $10....I called him up...told him I would give him $25 if he delivered it...he was only 10 miles away....

It's in the car now......

(going to my corner now....)

1969chargerrtse

Sweet deal.  I need one to.  My problem is only that I HAVE NO MONEY!.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BrianShaughnessy

A good friend of mine stopped by last year and gave me a 69 jack that he had discovered in the trunk of another car he was parting out.  Black car doesn't have a show trunk, nor need for it. 
I used to have a jack in my old car,  it's missing now - guess where this jack will go.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

I never did feel like I needed this part but I always wanted one and knew I would buy one if I could get one for less than $200. I like not paying shipping too if I don't have to.

dodgecharger-fan

I got hosed on one off of eBay about 7 years ago.
Advertised as a 69-69-70 Charger jack, but the post is a hollow tube. Paid 137.50 U.S. for it.  :brickwall:

I'll make due, but I still want to get a correct one.  :yesnod:

68X426

Quote from: bull on September 19, 2009, 06:23:47 PM
Smokin' deal of the week

Ah, Bull, I thought this was going to a thread about cigars!!?? :apimp:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on September 20, 2009, 11:50:34 AM
I got hosed on one off of eBay about 7 years ago.
Advertised as a 69-69-70 Charger jack, but the post is a hollow tube. Paid 137.50 U.S. for it.  :brickwall:

I'll make due, but I still want to get a correct one.  :yesnod:

At one point some members here were saying that the tube post jacks were also correct but I don't know if that was debunked or not, or if I believe it. Does your tube jack have the correct hook/plate?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html