News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Third Gen engine callout Location Bulge hood

Started by Beer, September 19, 2009, 11:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Looking for measurements from the Point of the hood to the front edge of the Callout for the bulge hood.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

71_Charger_R/T

I,ve got to go to a Wedding right now, but I'll try to upload some pictures of the measurements after I get back..... I've been trying to upload to "Photobucket" but they keep coming out skewed. I'll try again later when I get home. Until then..... If you measure from the "point" in the center of the front of the hood diagonal to the side of the powerbulge, the forward most hole for the callout is at 36 inches and 13" from the edge with the tape being held down to the contour of the bulge.

71_Charger_R/T

Here's one of the screwed up pictures but it still shows the measurement clear. Driver side

Nacho-RT74

you can not measure just one side...both sides are diff locations due the diff pins location on emblem. Remember they read from left to right allways on both sides and thats make diff pins holes at bulge of hood

Once I got measured every hole on every side to help to one guy and he laughed on me because I got diff measuring on every side... whatever, I made my job.

I think I deleted that attachment though.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Beer

Thanks RT!  Once one side is established...the other is easy!
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

71_Charger_R/T

I take issue with Nacho's statement! The front hole on the other side is at the same point 36 inches, here is a picture of the passenger side.

Nacho is however correct to state that the subsequent holes will be placed differently due to the pins being spaced 3.25 inches under the cubic inch displacement (440 in this case) and 3 and 15/16" under the "MAGNUM" portion of the emblem.
So the second hole back on the Driver's side will be only 3 1/4" from the front hole but the passenger side second hole back will be 3 15/16" from the front hole accordingly. If you want I can get you dimensions of the other holes distance from the edge as it decreases on the rear holes.

EXAMPLE: front hole driver side=

second hole back driver side=

Nacho-RT74

well I can't remember if front hole did match or not, but I know what I measured on those days ;D...

However what I made to measure each hole it is on each side measure from its own side corners ( front and rear ). In that way you can, like using a compass, where cross both measurements, can make the hole.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

Hey beer, Here's what I'd recommend, don't get overly worried on being perfect, just close to where it needs to be and level/horizontal and center it on the flat porton of the buldge. Below you'll find my measurements. I'd suggest matcing your emblem posts to these numbers and make sure they're the same, I think some are diffrent. You will note Lt. and Rt. sides are diffent 'cause pins are placed diffrent from right to left

Drivers side measured from aft hood frame foward:
- 1st hole (rear) should be drilled at 7 3/8 from hood support
- 2nd hole at 11 3/16
- 3rd hole at 14 3/8

Passanger side

Passanger side measured from aft hood frame foward:
- 1st hole (rear) should be drilled at 7 3/4 from hood support
- 2nd hole at 10 15/16
- 3rd hole at 14 3/4

Your welcome!

Beer

Thanks..now where can I get the retainers for the emblems?  Mancini Racing did not include them (340 MAGNUM) Badges...

jaak

Quote from: Beer on September 20, 2009, 05:18:52 PM
Thanks..now where can I get the retainers for the emblems?  Mancini Racing did not include them (340 MAGNUM) Badges...

The emblems just use thread cutting nuts. You can go to Autozone or any parts store and get a package with various sizes.(Usually in the HELP section).
or....
I buy alot of Fasteners from this guy on ebay....you buy in bulk, his prices are cheap, and he ships out quickly.
here's what you need..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/61-70-PLYMOUTH-DODGE-EMBLEM-CLIPS-THREAD-CUTTING-NUTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem2ea125e368QQitemZ200272110440QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Jason

Beer

Thanks jaak!  Had $17 in paypal and those were $11.25 shipped...they are on the way  :2thumbs: