News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You have to follow every lead

Started by Ghoste, September 26, 2009, 10:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

A month or so ago while I was cruising one of the major freeways about an hoour from home I noticed a hood leaning against a farmhouse that looked familiar.  Going by today there a fastback shell parked near the shop now so I decided to take a closer look.  As luck would have it I met a fellow fastback Charger owner and group of Mopar fans that I wouldn't have without stopping.  The 66 shell I had seen near the freeway was basically a stripped out roach but he has another 66 project car that he is restoring and a 66 Coronet that was really nice.  It was in an area that I had always known as being thick with Chevrolets so it was nice to meet a whole new crew of Mopar fans.  He told me about several Mopars in the area and I'm going to go back again some time with a camera and get to know these guys.
It just goes to show that even if you're blasting down the freeway, you still need to pay attention to the farmhouses and follow up what you see.

Finn

Very cool and I totally agree. There's a house right be a cemetery that I can see from the freeway (not to mention I occasionally drive on the actual street) that I drove by for years before I realized there was a bunch of mopars in the yard. A GTX, couple of barracudas, and some sort of old 50s red racer looking thing with a gold 54 on the door if I remember right. I definitely plan on making friends as soon as one of mine is running reliably enough to trek over there.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Ghoste

I wasn't drinving mine at the time but I did have a couple of pics of the Charger in the van so that helped open the door.