News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake fade???? Has anyone experienced this before?

Started by Charger 1, September 16, 2009, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Q

You need to upgrade the shoe linings on all 4 corners to carbon metallic linings.  The car will now STOP! even high rates of speed.
To purchase shoes contact Sam Jr at Rochester Clutch and Brake 8-4 pm eastern time Mon - Thurs 585.232.3717   He speaks mopar fluently.  All you guys with the drum brake cars need to think seriously about the upgrade.  It's not that expensive.

I have done 2  drum brake muscle cars with the carbon metallic linings with very noticeable results. 

elacruze

Thanks for that info, I'm keeping my rear drums and just started re-thinking about what is available for shoes.

Quote from: Tom Q on October 17, 2009, 12:45:29 PM
You need to upgrade the shoe linings on all 4 corners to carbon metallic linings.  The car will now STOP! even high rates of speed.
To purchase shoes contact Sam Jr at Rochester Clutch and Brake 8-4 pm eastern time Mon - Thurs 585.232.3717   He speaks mopar fluently.  All you guys with the drum brake cars need to think seriously about the upgrade.  It's not that expensive.

I have done 2  drum brake muscle cars with the carbon metallic linings with very noticeable results. 
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.