News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who's totalled a musclecar?

Started by elacruze, September 16, 2009, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

or other car...?

Were you at fault?
11 (47.8%)
Were you racing?
6 (26.1%)
Single vehicle?
16 (69.6%)
Nighttime?
10 (43.5%)
Over 25 years of age?
5 (21.7%)
Were you the Driver?
18 (78.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

elacruze

Just for sport. Checkbox for affirmative response.

I've had um...a few accidents, a couple totals but no totalled musclecars and none of the totals were my fault.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

73chgrSE

I totalled my first '73 Ralley when i was 16, my fault, too young and too fast. Only minor injuries to me and the passenger. Hell of a ride though. :eek2:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13482.msg157170.html#msg157170

Ghoste

Every one except over 25.  Must have got it all out of my system by then.

PocketThunder

None, i couldnt afford a muscle car in my early driving years.  It was an '86 K car for me!   :rotz:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

nope  never crashed anything  :angel:   but blowing up motors ,  transmissions , drive shafts &  axles , is another matter :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_wink:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dodgecharger-fan

Does an 85 Mercury Marquis with a 5.0 Windsor dropped into it count as a muscle car?

Then yeah, I shmucked the grille and the facia around the grille, headlights.

Drive it away though.. the other car, a Pontiac Firelfy.. it's a good thing no one was in it. The rear bumper almost got to the driver's headrest.
I couldn't have even been doing the speed limit either as I had just rounded a corner and was accelerating back up to speed. Back tires hit some ice in the middle of the turn and then as I corrected, I hit dry road and got traction... I just ended up facing the wrong way when the tires bit.

charger490

yes a head on crash with a 68 charger hemi 4sp loaded. a 67 mercury station wagon hit me .was in hosptial 10 days also the wife and three kids. had the car 1 year 2 months  he was a drunk driver and i also had 4 other drunk drivers hit me while driving the gas tanker truck.i worked nights lol

Charger-Bodie

I don't know if it was totaled , but when I was 1 1/2 years old I sideswiped my Dads tractor with his qq1 68 Charger. My Mom had left me in it to run back in the house for just a second and I knocked it out of park and it rolled down a hill, Dragged down the whole side on the axle of the tractor. My Dad had bought the car and fixed it about a month earlier with about the same damage. He was very upset with my Mom , cause if it weren't for the fact that the axle ripped into the quarter I would have rolled it over an embankment.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: charger490 on September 16, 2009, 05:37:38 PM
yes a head on crash with a 68 charger hemi 4sp loaded. a 67 mercury station wagon hit me .was in hosptial 10 days also the wife and three kids. had the car 1 year 2 months  he was a drunk driver and i also had 4 other drunk drivers hit me while driving the gas tanker truck.i worked nights lol

4? Lol DAMN they must have thought the tanker was full of beer!

The70RT

Maybe not muscle cars but classics. I totaled a 70 Duster and the 70 Nova that pulled a left hand turn in front of me. I got a whole 500 bucks. I straitened out the front end and put on a 75 Dart Sport front clip that I had laying around. I also hit another 70's Nova when a jerk t-boned me when he ran a stop sign. I was in an old Ford truck and ran him down and totaled both of us out the rest of the way when I caught up with him. He got 10 tickets and I got 1. I also totaled out a Duster when it ran a stoplight when I had another Ford truck. After the accident 8 mexicans came crawling out.....half of them ran....believe it or not but the driver actually had insurance.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71ChallengeHer

70 Barracuda on ice. I was a passenger in a 67 Vette Vert.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 16, 2009, 07:48:33 PM

I got pictures of the Barracuda and the Vette...I'll post them in a bit.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CharcoalCharger

I didn't total my Dart Sport, but I did wreck it.  I was 17 (1992).  We had snow that day and no school.  I was heading into town to pick up a buddy of mine.  The car got sideways and the right rear quarter caught a tree.  In 1995 I got new quarters put on and started restoring the car.  It is done now and I still have it.  Now, my uncle on the other hand, he wrecked every MoPar he ever had and his motorcycle.  He once had a brand new '73 Barracuda.  He only had it 3 weeks when he ran it off the road and the left front fender hit a telephone pole.  He always told my grandfather he wasn't speeding... :icon_bs:

maxwellwedge

16 years old, my first car. 69 Swinger 340 F8 Auto with a black gut and butt stripe. On the 6th day of ownership I was approaching a stop sign on a down hill street. The brake pedal went all the way to the floor and I ended up t-boning a 66 Galaxie. Hadn't even made the first payment yet.  :o

Could only afford collision insurance at the time so it was a write-off! I actually sold a mint '63 Fender Jazz Bass to pay for the insurance!!

That was in 1975. We still call it The 6-Day Dart! I still have the hood call-outs...that's all I kept.

mopar_nut_440_6

Yes, rolled a 71 Duster 440 AT on the drag strip. The B&M shifter decided to run into reverse while making my 3rd gear shift. Locked up at about 90 MPH, slid sideways into the guard rail which broke. The k member rode up on the rail, launched the car into the air, completed 1-1/2 barrel rolls in the air, landed on its roof and spun through the lights upside down and still ran a 14!

Thankfully I had an 8 pt cage as I was unhurt, except for my feelings. I had just finished the car that morning and did not have a picture. Lesson to self, take a pic before racing your car!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

maxwellwedge

Stout time and no wear on the tires!  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 16, 2009, 07:51:26 PM

69bronzeT5

I managed to find pictures of the Vette while I was searching through threads for the Barracuda pictures...

Todd Wilson

While my mom was pregnant with me her and her girlfriend totaled a 70 Hemi Cuda!  So I kinda was involved!   :icon_smile_tongue:

Todd

Brock Samson

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 16, 2009, 09:28:17 PM
While my mom was pregnant with me her and her girlfriend totaled a 70 Hemi Cuda!  So I kinda was involved!   :icon_smile_tongue:

Todd

:scratchchin: wouldn't that make her your sister?.  :shruggy:

68charger383

I totalled  a 71 Cuda 440+6, wrecked a 67 Camaro's front end pretty bad. I also had a 71 Gran Torino Sport that got rear ended and it was totalled out. Today the Cuda would have somehow been fixed, but back then, it was just junked.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 16, 2009, 09:46:53 PM

Todd

:icon_smile_question:

chargergirl

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 16, 2009, 07:51:26 PM

Saw the pics...71Challengeher...and you walked away! Dang! I have never wrecked a car...fender bender in the rain happened, almost got T-bone in a car, Pulsar, but had the woobie tell me to slow way down...in Tampa and BIG ROCK TRUCK ran the red. Cop was behind me in the traffic and followed me home while the others arrested the truck driver. He even bought me a four pack of Bartles and James to chill. Was in bad one where the person driving ran red and hit big truck...put face into the 8 track player mounted on the dash...yeah I'm old enough! Way old enough! Paramedic kept following me as I fussed over everyone else...woke up blind three days later...had sight back in a few days after that. It wasn't good.
Trust your Woobie!

tricky lugnuts

Guilty....

I bought a 1974 Barracuda when I was 18, spent a year and a half restoring it - new quarters, trunk extensions, wheelhouses, trunk pan, floor pan, holes in fenders and doors, repainted... Installed a stout 340/727... The whole process took about a year and a half. It ran too good for me. A buddy and I went out after a couple beers to see what it could do. Drove it off a small "cliff" at about 90 mph with a telephone pole I just missed hitting head on scraping down the entire passenger side of the car. Got airborne, crashed, five white flashes as the car rolled through the woods, through a small stream and finally stopped. My buddy was OK except for a black eye from headbutting the dash. I'd bent the steering wheel to the dash with my nose, spit out a couple little chunks of teeth... Neither of us was wearing our seatbelt. (As part of the restoration, I unplugged the seat sensor that doesn't let the car start unless the seatbelt is clicked.) We got some stuff out of the car and ran off. Didn't have insurance... Landed on state property in Michigan. After we stopped back at my house - the accident was only about a mile away - I brushed my teeth, ate some chips, and went to the hospital. My nose was fractured at the top, so if I tried to breathe through it blood would come bubbling out. The cops caught up to me at the hospital... They wanted to take blood for drug and alcohol testing, and wondered why there were some things in the car, etc. that we missed. He kept walking in while the doctor was treating me, sewing me up and resetting my nose. The doctor finally said - Go, leave him alone, he's a good boy. The cop left his card. I was only charged with reckless op. Got really lucky there. Also, fortunately a buddy heard about the call on his police scanner and went and did the tow for me. It was tragic, stupid, and terrible. I still regret it. But, I sold some of the pieces of the car - we cut it up into quarters a couple weeks later when I could stand to look at it - and raised some money for my Charger, which is treated much more sensibly. The car was trashed - floor boards bent in the middle through the entire width of the car, same with the roof, and the front bumper was stuffed up almost chest high. I bought the car for $1,500 back then. Now I see the same car selling for $20,000. Three days before I wrecked it I was offered $10,000 for it. I try not to be stupid anymore.  :cheers:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 16, 2009, 11:47:10 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on September 16, 2009, 09:46:53 PM

Todd

:icon_smile_question:

It would make her his sister alright  :2thumbs: