News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger grille support bracket. NO BODY knows the answer come on

Started by Nassau1969, August 30, 2009, 10:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nassau1969

Can someone please tell me what part holds the Grille in place to the bumper frame in the top side of the grille in each upper corner, right in front of each head light door is a hole. The hole is on each side of the grille its right in the middle and in front of the head light doors.  I just can figure out what it looks like that goes there.

Ghoste

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Nassau1969

AKcharger

There is a 2 part plastic washer with nut and bolt that holds 'em in place. I believe I got mine new from Charger specialties when I did my '70

The70RT

Mine never had any thing holding the grill in that area. I always wondered what the deal was as my grille sagged in a little on each end. I wonder maybe my grille was replaced at one time (before 78) and they didn't put anything there. My grille has no markings around the holes indicating that anything ever did. I will have to look at my grille  frame bracket when I get to that stage of the resto.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us