News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why do "we", as in us... always do a RIP for famous people?

Started by RD, September 14, 2009, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Quote from: chargergirl on September 18, 2009, 06:18:39 AM
We RIP for famous people because they touch our lives. We laugh, cry, sit in suspense, or horror dependant upon the medium. Because they touch our lives it is fitting that we say goodbye. Some we hate to see go, others well it's ok that they are gone. Michael gave us wonderful music before he lost his mind. In many ways I grew up with this guy. I was floored when he started changing his face and knew it was just a matter of time before his insanity revealed itself...it saddened me, still does. Patrick was married to his high school sweetheart and you never heard bad things about him, it was nice to see a good guy do well. His movies were diverse and pulled different audiences. Les Paul...laughed out of guitar makers offices with his stupid electric guitar for more than ten years, proves that if you believe you don't give up. Paris Hilton is famous because someone decided that being an idiot was entertaining when she passes it will be grieved by her family. Kanye...well times are changing cause every time he got on stage the night he stole another persons thunder, he was BOOed! He tried to explain away his stupidity, arrogance, and just general bad manners because of his mothers passing. When asked why he did these same type of things when she was alive he was speechless. Mother Theresa passed and there was just a bit more than a blurb on the news because Princess Diana had passed. Diana was a good person, Mother Theresa was a GREAT person...there wasn't three weeks of constant coverage about her. She is greatly missed and quietly revered throughout the world. People we don't know personally may touch our lives and be missed. However look at the board and see the support for members that are going through hard times and there is more than just a comment, there are friends.

chargergirl.. with that statement, i do believe this thread has run its course as no one (as i reckon) can explain it better than you just did.  thank you for your well thought out and warm reply.  it was definitely refreshing.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

MoparManJim

Okay, this thread has kinda offended me in a way. We all go to see movies or watch movies and if you don't that means you are very down right boring to hell. These people make movies for us all to set back and take our minds off of real life for alittle while and to enjoy the movie for what it is... a movie. We may not have meet any of them in life, we might have meet them. But the thing is, they are just like us in a way but they are well known are up on the big screen where as most of us are not! They are working just like we all do but what they do they do is in front of a camera though. If it wasn't for them they might not be action movies with mopars in them  :scratchchin:. Remember Vanishing Point, Two Lane Black Top, Blade, Dirty Marry Crazy Larry, ForShaken? well if it wasn't for these guys and gals beings actors and actress's those films would not have been made and more folks wouldn't be into mopars. So some actors and actress's do more then others and more folks like the more for that and some had more talent then the other.  So by doing a R.I.P thread we are showing our respeck like we would if it was one of our own ken there.. but we doing it to show respeck to them for the work they did that we enjoyed. 

RD

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 18, 2009, 11:37:10 PM
Okay, this thread has kinda offended me in a way. We all go to see movies or watch movies and if you don't that means you are very down right boring to hell. These people make movies for us all to set back and take our minds off of real life for alittle while and to enjoy the movie for what it is... a movie. We may not have meet any of them in life, we might have meet them. But the thing is, they are just like us in a way but they are well known are up on the big screen where as most of us are not! They are working just like we all do but what they do they do is in front of a camera though. If it wasn't for them they might not be action movies with mopars in them  :scratchchin:. Remember Vanishing Point, Two Lane Black Top, Blade, Dirty Marry Crazy Larry, ForShaken? well if it wasn't for these guys and gals beings actors and actress's those films would not have been made and more folks wouldn't be into mopars. So some actors and actress's do more then others and more folks like the more for that and some had more talent then the other.  So by doing a R.I.P thread we are showing our respeck like we would if it was one of our own ken there.. but we doing it to show respeck to them for the work they did that we enjoyed. 

how about, if it wasnt for the writers or the producer or the director, there would not be any mopars in them.  if this offended you, well... aint much i can do about that, but it just goes to show that not everyone sees them (actors) the same way you do.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

MoparManJim

Quote from: RD on September 19, 2009, 01:03:52 AM

how about, if it wasnt for the writers or the producer or the director, there would not be any mopars in them.  if this offended you, well... aint much i can do about that, but it just goes to show that not everyone sees them (actors) the same way you do.

Or like how you do, I find you boring.

RD

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 19, 2009, 01:42:17 AM

no need to make this personal,... now back to the topic at hand.

MoparManJim

Quote from: RD on September 19, 2009, 10:03:03 AM
Quote from: MoparManJim on September 19, 2009, 01:42:17 AM

no need to make this personal,... now back to the topic at hand.

I didn't make it personal, you did with your other reply plus also with this whole thread to about RIPs folks.   :shruggy:

RD

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

BrianShaughnessy

What's the big deal?   No need for hating.  Some people are just doing a public service posting the Obits.

You have the choice to ulogize or not. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

RD

not hating, just wondering why people feel they need to ulogize for famous people that they dont know.  people think i am hating just because i dont agree with them or i dont understand why they do what they feel they need to do.  disagreeance does not mean i despise those that do these posts, nor does it mean i hate them.

anyway, i believe this thread has run its course.  anymore discourse will just seem to bring about people assuming that I developed this thread in order to make those that post obit threads to look like assholes or morons, IN WHICH IS TOTALLY NOT THE CASE.

MODS PLEASE LOCK SO THIS CAN GO AWAY.

thank you to all who provided constructive input from both sides of the argument.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida