News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I feel so helpless...

Started by 69bronzeT5, September 16, 2009, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I'm not sure exactly why I'm posting this, maybe it's because you guys are like family to me or maybe it's because I just need to get my feelings out, anyways I got a call from my mom and sister. One of our cats got hit by a car tonight. They live on a busy road and right on a blind corner. My mom said the guy was nice enough to stop and come to the door. Lilo originally had a back problem, to be exact, Spinal Bifida. The vet said she wouldn't live that long so enjoy her while we could. However, her problem got better and she beat the odds and was doing well. I'm in shock, I can't believe she's gone. I still remember the day we got her. I feel so helpless, I'm living 5 hours away and I have no way to get to my mom's. I wish I could give her a proper goodbye. I'm gonna cut this kind of short, I'm trying to type while in tears. So, R.I.P Weewers (our nickname for her), I'll love you forever :bawling: :engel016:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

Cody, I'm so sorry. If you need to talk PM me.  :engel016:

Khyron

:-( normally I stay out of these types of threads, but it sucks to see a freind down. Im sorry for your loss bro.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mikesbbody

Sorry to hear that Cody I know what your going through. Years ago our family dog was hit and killed the driver didnt stop I had to go  get her from the side of the road i thought she was alive when I picked her up but no.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Dans 68

Our pets do get to us...hang in there.  And you are not helpless because you have friends.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tan top

awww no  ...poor pussy cat  :'(  sorry to hear this cody
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidog

That really sucks Cody, I had a cat for over 14 years, until he died of old age. You get really attached to them.

1969chargerrtse

I'm not a huge animal lover, but anyone can tell you a cat or dog being hit by a car is really sad.  I remember losing so many cats as a kid because of cars.  I feel your pain, it is sad.  Something to do with a cute little thing being killed by a big bad car.  Hang in there, time heals all wounds.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargergirl

She was blessed by finding your family...many would have put her down instead of helping her have quality of life. It's never easy losing a pet. Sorry for your loss.
Trust your Woobie!

TruckDriver

Sorry about your loss Cody  :pity:

As a owner of cats all my life, I know how you feel. Although I can say none of mine ever died by car. It still sucks when your loss any pet. They are as family as any person is once you become attached. Hang in there buddy.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

elacruze

I lost more than a couple pets over the years to the road. Part of the criteria for our new house here in Florida was quiet streets just for that reason.
Our house
is a very very very fine house
with three cats in the yard

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

beware the sleeper

Yeah I had one cat for like 22 years, pretty much since birth, and he passed away, it hit me really hard and I was just like broken for awhile.  What really helped me be ok with it (there really isnt any getting over it) was I realized that I had given him a life much better than he could have had otherwise. hope that helps

Foreman72

sorry to hear that brother...will be praying for you
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69bronzeT5

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate it and I thank you :angel: Like some of you said, people told us we were wasting our money and time trying to get her problem fixed but we went ahead with it and she ended up pulling through and beating the problem. My mom said a lot of cats have hard and short lives and don't get a chance to be really loved where she was loved and had a good home with us.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Blown70

Hate that for you buddy.....  :pity:

I have two boxers, and have had cats... hate when that stuff happens.... :rotz:

Brock Samson

I'm so sorry Cody. I know it hurts to love and lose.

bigred68

Sorry Cody. I good friend once told me that we never truly appreciate something until its gone. "Pets" are family.
:cheers:

Tilar

Sorry to hear about that Cody. I've never been much of a cat person myself but for some reason I always seem to have one around.  :shruggy:  I do have two dogs that I just think the world of, one that is well into her teens and I'm going to hate it when she goes, but I do know it's coming sooner or later so I'll probably have the chance for a goodbye.

Mom lost a cat that was like 15 a month or so ago and it just killed me to watch her have to put that cat down. I think she felt like she was putting one of her own kids down.  You do get attached to them and they are like family. They are smart and I really think that as much as you love them, they love you back.  Sorry to hear of your loss.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bordin34

Sorry to hear that Cody. At least the guy stopped. This summer I was driving down a main road and noticed a dog on the side, somebody hit the dog and didn't even stop. So I turned around, stopped, and put my flashers on in front of it so nobody else would hit it. I called the proper authorities and waited until the owner came.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

jaak

Sorry to hear this Cody... I know how you feel, it totally sucks to loose a pet, you get so use to having them around. I had a fiest mix dog one time, bottle fed and raised her since she was a couple of days old, she was like part of the family. After she died, I just can't get another dog to replace her.

Hang in there,
Jason

Lowprofile

sorry for your loss Cody.....we lost one of our kittys last year.  :'(  I know how your feelin' bro. They truly are family members, and it always hurts when we have to say goodbye to them......at least she lived a good life with your family.  :angel:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TUFCAT

I'm really sorry to hear this buddy, you know how much I love all of God's furry little creatures. Take care, I know it's not easy being that far away.

nh_mopar_fan

Sorry to hear that. We've lost a couple cats over the years.